Anyone else seeing a pro-Lambert campaign going on?

Now, it may just be me and indeed I have been accused of being a dreamer or maybe more realistically, a total idiot, but I’ve noticed a massive amount of online support for Lambert occurring lately.

You won’t see it on here, as we have no-one fighting Lambert’s corner.
If there was someone, we’d go out of our way to put the argument up, as that’s what we’re about.
But there isn’t.

So now go and have a look around at other Villa sites.
Not that we want you to, but we know you do anyway.
And you’ll see that there seems very strong support for Lambert from certain quarters.
Support that seems out of proportion. Support that keeps spinning the same line of “who will we get in?”

I don’t really want to name sites, but look at one and see how Fear gets pretty much blasted in reply to one of his articles.
There’s another one, on an American based site.
The replies are all pretty much the same, in that while they slate Lambert, they pretty much consistently say that we should stick with him.
Any polls they run though, say they are totally wrong, with votes being 2-1 in favour of getting rid of Lambert.

I don’t know. I might be totally wrong and I do love a conspiracy theory, but it seems to me there’s a concerted effort going on to try and save Lambert’s neck.

Have a look around and tell me what you think.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
    Tekkers48 January 6, 2015 at 12:00 am .

I have a sneaking feeling that this change in style and the timing of it with the window opening implies to me that we have a playmaker lined up this window and have been preparing the team for this. Probably wishful thinking on my part. I think if he doesnt get it right soon those at the top will finally give up on him and look for an alternative in the summer.

OohAhPaulMcGrath January 6, 2015 at 3:20 am .

This tika taki football is outdated im afrajd. Watched barca the other day and even with world class players they couldnt score and bever looked like it either. The germans hammered barca not so long ago with pace power and direct. Watch Chelsea and man city they have the perfect bslance between power and flair

Andrew January 6, 2015 at 3:59 am .

Just hoping Sinclair’s a smokescreen. But I can possibly see it.

Benno January 6, 2015 at 12:24 am .

Lamberts time was up a year ago, i have no idea how he is still in charge. Yes, he has restrictions compared to the clubs in the top 7-8, but we are not much different to the other teams and yet we have consistently failed in league and cup.

The bloke has broken basically every unwanted record available and made a complete mockery of the club. I cannot understand Lambert sympathisers at all. I agree chopping and changing the managers all the time is not a good thing, but the bloke has been in charge 2 and a half years and achieved nothing.

Andrew January 6, 2015 at 4:07 am .

Anyone else read the garbage of Spurs wanting to spend 3m for Delph? Idiots…

And no, I haven’t. I’ve only been on this site for the last 5+ years and a few facebook pages that absolutely hate Lambert. That’s about it.

OriginalLondonLion January 6, 2015 at 11:56 am .

Who was the last current England player to change hands for only 3 million? Villa and England midfield players, Barry and Milner went for a lot more.

steve January 6, 2015 at 1:09 pm .

Cahill

Andrew January 6, 2015 at 3:16 pm .

Cahill went for 5m.

nath January 6, 2015 at 3:47 pm .

vassell ????

Hitchens 60 January 6, 2015 at 7:40 am .

I’m as frustrated as anyone with what’s been happening at Villa over the past three years but if you do a bit of research you’ll see that every club managed by MON has suffered badly ( even Celtic!) following his departure and that’s not because he was a great manager!

Objectively PL has done the job he was appointed to do and that’s keep us the PL with no money (on a comparative basis) to spend whilst also reducing the wage bill. IMHO the only other manager that might have achieved that is Big Sam for whom I have a massive amount of respect.

IF (and it’s a big IF) RL is looking to release the financial shackles and Tom Fox can improve the management of the club and increase revenue streams then I think PL deserves an opportunity to work under improved circumstances. It’s hard to argue against the fact that where he has spent decent sums on players he has pretty much bought well.

At Norwich he played attractive attacking football – I would submit under different circumstances.

Let the abuse commence 🙂

Mr_cheese January 6, 2015 at 8:39 am .

No abuse, I am in your camp here.

The objective of Lamebrt was to stay in the premier league whilst ensureing the wages are slashed and players are exiled but I do believe that we are turning a corner with the appointment of Tom Fox. I think Lerner is renewing his passion for the club and we are about to turn a corner.

We will know by the summer but I do agree, if anybody should get a shot with spending an influx of cash, it should be the guy that took the brunt through the transition period. Norwhich didn’t get back to back promotions for no reason. They also didn’t stay in the premier league because they had a bad manager either…

I would like to see Lambert manage us under better circumstances.

steve January 6, 2015 at 1:15 pm .

When Lambert came to villa he said (in the aftermath of Mcleish) that we would at least see entertaining / attacking football. I assume he would have known the constraints of his appointment when he took the job.
        The stats do not lie.

Bum Bum January 6, 2015 at 6:00 pm .

I’d like to see Lambert drown in a vat of pig shit.

Hitchens 60 January 6, 2015 at 8:53 pm .

Objective and thoughtful view 🙂

turv32 January 6, 2015 at 8:39 am .

Hitchens I agree with you, but he has made some dam awful tactical planning at times.

Hitchens 60 January 6, 2015 at 9:13 am .

Can’t argue with that TURV32

Bill Pearson January 6, 2015 at 11:11 am .

I had written a post saying exactly the same as Turvey32 but lost it in broadband prob!em, yes it sounds great to say how he’s shored up defence issue but its cost fans, media money, corporate boxes sales, you name it even sales inside the games, this run in the FA cup will help to pay wages of staff, but entertainment is dire , he’s not convinced me yet he knows where he’s going, he has not given fans hope up till now ,just confusion on does he know what he’s doing.If Lerner showed his face once in a while that might show he cares.

nath January 6, 2015 at 10:58 am .

circumstances change

while i still feel we will be fine this season, the lowering of crowd,feeling for lambert will start to work against the team, give them excuses, also work against future signings. what player would risk a stadium atmosphere like at villa and the manager wanted and hounded out.

can we find another manager to replace lambert i doubt we could, of course theirs probably thousands better, but would any come here under these circumstances answer not a chance.

lerner or fox needs to address the villa faithful, they want a new manager and if lerner and fox are staying with lambert, they need to say so. if lerner would only just back lambert or the new manager, i think we are just a few more signings away to being mid table,

OriginalLondonLion January 6, 2015 at 11:46 am .

I agree with Nath about the stadium atmosphere and it putting off new recruits. That may be a factor in this transfer window. I try to be objective about Lambert, he has faced a job spec that few managers in the top flight have faced, and I was pleased at his appointment based on the style of Norwich which I hoped he would bring to VP.

Accepting that job spec kept Lerner as owner. If all reasonable managers had told Lerner the penny pinching made the job untenable, Lerner would either have had to pay up or sell up.

Ron Atkinson joined Villa in a similar austerity period, he was told by Doug he only had enough money for a cast-off forward not a hot young prospect. Ron bought Dean Saunders. Lambert bought Grant Holt. Other Lambert buys Richardson, Tonev, Cole reveal that the manager hasn’t assessed the player’s skills for the position, or ever seen him play, or considered his proneness to injury.

Charisma and man-management. These are essential qualities in a manager, lack of them explains why some star players fail as managers and why some men who have never played professionally make great managers. You have all seen Lambert’s post match interviews mumbled incoherently (outside of the Gorbals) with a hang-dog expression, so you know he has the charisma of a poodle.

He has a problem that his 3 forwards do not seem to like each other. They won’t pass to each other, we haven’t had combination play leading to a tap in all season. A charismatic manager would persuade them to combine on the pitch or see the exit.

nath January 7, 2015 at 9:33 am .

agree with all your reply mr OriginalLondonLion

akinson had his faults also but he had charisma in buckets, also played a style which us villa fans loved, like you said he also faced bad times in money available top points

but your best one was the front three, totally agree the front three don’t seem to gel this year, benteke is mr angry at weimann, or anybody that fails to pass to him, but also he himself moves into bad positions, gabby is a phantom adds nothing in forward areas

dropping weimann and gabby isn’t a option as nobody is good enough NOW to replace them and give um competition, this is were i would try to baulk up lerner needs to buy or loan somebody to beef this area,

OriginalLondonLion January 6, 2015 at 12:07 pm .

We have one more game, v Leicester where Villa’s boring ‘play it around at the back’ tactics may net us some points. Then it is Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea where they will man-mark our back four and harry them into errors if he tries it. If any of those 3 scores first it is game over. Villa Res v Bournemouth Res may be the only entertainment in the next month.

#HELENIUS January 6, 2015 at 12:08 pm .

I didn’t think we were allowed a pro Lambert opinion on here? Whenever I’v seen a post anything of the sort it’s been instantly shot down by the pitch fork brigade!!

GarethVilla January 6, 2015 at 12:13 pm .

Lambert out!

#HELENIUS January 6, 2015 at 12:19 pm .

LOL

OriginalLondonLion January 6, 2015 at 12:24 pm .

Why don’t you try it Helenius? A list of Lambert’s qualities should be short enough to pass the blather bar.

#HELENIUS January 7, 2015 at 12:16 pm .

No positive opinions are allowed. No point

Ifiruledtheworld January 6, 2015 at 12:55 pm .

I think I know one of the sites your on about, the American one and most of their hate is aimed at Lerner. They made a very good point recently though, Lambert got a new 4 year contract because he did exactly what the board have asked of him, he’s kept the club up under circumstances many other managers would have crumbled. That is why they are so happy with him.

Maybe he does deserve a crack of the whip if circumstances could improve. As I’ve pointed out on here look at what he has brought in when he’s had money.. Benteke, Kozak, Sanchez, Okore, Vlaar.. The failed bid for Tadic? Imagine what he could do on a regular basis.

And it’s hard to argue with the point of sacking him now, who would we get in to work under these circumstances? Look at who we all wanted previously, Martinez, who went running with his tail between his legs and now he’s finding Everton a struggle. Who would want to come in, even? Fans complain about hoofball, we keep it on the ground, they complain about that.. Even while up for sale, that just adds to how unattractive we look right now.

So while I’m not exactly a pro Lambert, I think we need to be more patient with him and just see how we go. Mr. Fox recently said that we’re aiming for Europe in a few years, let’s just see. And the argument of “Lambert has brought every unwanted record in his time here” look at another record of his, has he ever got a team relegated? I don’t think so. And under these circumstances, that’s amazing. Alright, let the abuse commence.