A change of pace

Good Monday morning all, I present you an alternative look at our situation.

I’ve been thinking a lot over the past few games and with the late winner yesterday, I thought it was time to post the optimistic thoughts.

This new change in pace for Villa has seen us soar with possession, but completely lack any attacking credibility at all and I know there are a lot of fans calling for the head of Lambert, and I too have been one, but what if Lambert is on the verge of getting it right?

We may not be scoring, but we’re not conceding either and as far as I’m concerned, this is the best the defence and midfield have played as a solid unit for a good few seasons, yet we lack in the final third of the pitch?

We have Benteke up front who most of us believe is the only striker capable of scoring any goals but he alone is not good enough, we still need to get the ball to him and have a player alongside him capable of scoring and splitting defences to make space, and what happens if we get these players? Players that can create chances and score as well. We have a team, an all round team.

If’s and but’s!!??!

The alternative outlook is that what if Lambert gets sacked, what if the new manager played in this style or that style, what if he brought this player and sold that player. We can all wish and hope for a new team, new manager, new chairman but the only certainty we have is that Lambert is staying and in the bigger picture, he could get this right come the summer (like everyone of us wish), especially with the influence of Tom Fox.

I’d rather us stay up with the current style of football rather, than go down the way we played earlier this season loosing 3:0 x amount of times in a row and still not scoring anything.

I am not a Lambert enthusiast, far from it, but I am trying to step back from the anger and hatred to look at the bigger scale of things. We may be turning a corner and that corner involves dull, lack lusting football, but it is slowly happening, we just need that final 3rd to make the games go from boring possession to fantastic possession.

Now, rip my opinion apart.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. Andrew January 5, 2015 at 8:36 pm .

I do enjoy the scared fans for the game v Bournemouth, who while score for fun, are scoring against awful Championship sides. They lost 3-1 to the only Premier League side they’ve faced who have conceded 5 more goals than us in the Premier League in Liverpool. While yes scoring will be a problem, conceding isn’t and fans need to stop moaning and getting “scared” of them. It’s sad.

1. Ardent Villain January 5, 2015 at 9:05 pm .

Agree with you.
      I don’t see Bournemouth beating us either – unless it’s on penalties after two 0-0 games.

2. Badger123 January 5, 2015 at 9:09 pm .

What, you mean awful championship sides like Blackpool?
      Enough said, I’d say.
      Hmm, sad indeed.

Hence Bournemouth will not be too unhappy with this draw, imo.
      THAT is sad.
      And shows where we currently are, in that while I agree they might find it tough to score, we’ll probably find it tougher.
      We’d better beat them at home, as my money says they would beat us over two legs.

2. #HELENIUS January 5, 2015 at 8:50 pm .

Bournemouth will come with no fear with nothing to lose knowing the League is far more important to them….luckily for them, we will be shitting ourselves and will probably knock us out

3. ifiruledtheworld January 5, 2015 at 10:32 pm .

Can’t understand it, some fans giving out about the 2.5 million for Sinclair? There’s very little risk in that kind of money and if he regains his confidence it could prove to be a steal! Much better than a loan, I think.. still, knowing our luck his wages will become a stumbling block.

1. Badger123 January 5, 2015 at 10:43 pm .

His wages are bound to be a stumbling block, as he only went to Citeh for the dough, as everyone including the player himself, knew he never had a chance of playing.

He’s a decent player, but do we really want a mercenary type like that?

I believe he’s on £50k a week from memory, which makes the whole suggestion of him coming to us quite laughable, tbh.
      This one isn’t going to happen; no chance, imo.

4. OriginalLondonLion January 5, 2015 at 10:45 pm .

A Dream Draw! For lots of reasons, holidays – living in the South and of course the memorable 3rd division games Bournemouth are my 2nd team. So I will make the effort to see this game. Actually it was Bournemouth Res who lost 3-1 to Liverpool, which rankled a bit since in the q/f fans expected the best selection. But Eddy has fielded the Res against the Baggies and beaten them so you could see his logic, They made 6 changes from the first team against Rotherham and won 5-1 so Bournemouth Res aren’t that bad. I expect Lambert to field Given and the benchers also – so it might be close.

Coming on to the matter of style – the topic at the start of this post. I cannot stand the current Villa possession game. It is a 250 mile round trip for me and I would like to be entertained. I am amazed at the tolerance Villa fans at VP have shown to Lambert before booing him off. Some fans, the Hammers for example would have really got stuck in if they saw that.

For “We’re West Ham United – we play on the floor” which they sang to Allerdice read
    “We’re Aston Villa we try to score goals” which I hope the Holte End will adopt.