West Ham 0 – 0 Villa; A point but, oh dear.

This one will be brief.

I started doing a Windows 8 install on my son-in-law’s computer before the game started and was thinking “bloody hurry up before the game starts!”.
The install took ages longer than I’d expected, so I ended up watching both at the same time.
Guess which one was actually more interesting?

That’s just desperate isn’t it?
Watching a computer update is actually more interesting than watching the Villa these days in my opinion.

What the heck has happened to us?
Where’s the swashbuckling type of play that we demonstrated last season, even though it was probably reckless at times?

I don’t know about you, but I’m beginning to really struggle to watch the frankly rubbish football we’re putting out lately.

No doubt I’ll get the “you’re supposed to be a fan” type of comments, but I’m sorry; I’ve tried to defend what I’m seeing and I just can’t do it anymore.
We are utter rubbish.

Not that West Ham helped things. They’re an even more rubbish side, Nolan apart, who seemed perfectly happy to take the point at home. What sort of attitude is that?
Up to now I’ve always quite admired Allardyce, as he did a great job at Bolton.
But the West Ham fans, with their admirable tradition of trying to play a decent game, must be wondering what the hell they’re watching.

On the plus side, we got a point.
But I’m not even going to go into any detail because the whole game and both sides can be summed up in two words;
DECIDEDLY AVERAGE.

Something needs to change and I don’t see Lambert being the man to do it, I’m afraid.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. Villan1 November 2, 2013 at 9:11 pm . Reply

From an midfield/ attacking point of view, outside of Benteke every other signing has been a disaster. IMO Benteke was a fluke signing.
    Westwood- pointless player, doesn’t score, set plays woeful, not creative, doesn’t break up play
    KEA- ineffective 99% of the time
    Sylla- Runs around a lot, decent tackler, going forward awful
    Tonev- just awful, goal attempts are embarrassingly bad
    Bowery- just why oh why did we buy a league two level player
    Kozak- At £7m, Lazio must be pissing themselves, slow, zero mobility
    Helenius- on the little I’ve seen he looks out of his depth

This is the rubbish lambert has bought, our best midfielder by a mile, Delph, was a MON signing, and even Delph isn’t that good, as we all know he has 0 PL goals to his name. What a farce our squad is.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 2, 2013 at 9:49 pm . Reply

Agree mate don’t forget how shit bennet, lowton and Luna are either. I will say vlaar has come on a bit and at least average now and okore seemed decent but bad luck he got injured. Guzan of course was a decent resigning. I agree that Benteke is a fluke but he will be off in tge new year and I wouldn’t blame him one bit.

2. Bencey83 November 2, 2013 at 10:18 pm . Reply

I wouldn’t mind so much if Lambert asked the guys to play for an away point as long as we went all out for 3 at home. But we seem to be even more negative at home! That is just unforgivable. I’m really disappointed, as I got myself quite excited about the prospects for this season.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 2, 2013 at 10:20 pm . Reply

I’m amazed how many people on here were saying what winnable games west ham and Cardiff will be and we should be judged on these games as we will win them all then in the league!!

3. Bencey83 November 2, 2013 at 10:38 pm . Reply

Just don’t understand why we had such a defensive mindset against a team who pose very little attacking threat!?

4. Bencey83 November 2, 2013 at 10:39 pm . Reply

There should be some sort of forum where fans can put questions forward to Lambert. I’d really like to hear his justification for some of his decisions.

5. Markham November 3, 2013 at 8:42 am . Reply

Paul lambert is the best man for the job at the moment , the problem for me is Lerner who is running the club on the cheap , the budget dictates what sort of players we can attract & if we won’t pay the wages so the quality players won’t touch us that’s why oneil left and we’ve never been competitive since . By the way I’m no MON fan !
    Get rid of Lerner and hopefully get a new owner that is willing to invest a few quid and at least make us competitive again , then we get rid of lambert , until then lambert fits the bill perfectly unfortunately for us !

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 3, 2013 at 3:34 pm . Reply

True to a point Markham but he wasted £7m on Kozac when a creative and defensive midfielder were needed more. That’s not Lerner’s fault. Though I agree Lerner should go to.

2. BWS November 4, 2013 at 1:58 pm . Reply

I don’t think Lambert would buy differently even if he had the budget, I think his ego would clash with bigger better more experienced players.

6. Vaze November 3, 2013 at 11:13 am . Reply

At least you’re not all moaning about the lack of clean sheets anymore.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 3, 2013 at 3:36 pm . Reply

Yep now the opposition are keeping more clean sheets against us ffs. The club is a joke lambert going for another unwanted record.

7. #HELENIUS November 4, 2013 at 11:59 am . Reply

They played 4-6-0 ….. We played 8-0-2 … Or so it seemed.

What a complete pile of dogshite we have become. That game was made for us to take 3 points and we play the game ultra defensive..!!!
    Shocking are Lamberts tactics and we have some even more shocking players.

Thats the last game i’ll be going to until things change, would rather spend my money watching the local shite football in Cambs UTD.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 4, 2013 at 12:03 pm . Reply

Spot on. Hull game was there for taking as well. It seems like lamberk is doing a mcleish trying to average a point a game to keep us safe and protect out goal diff. He’s basically saying to the the team we can’t win a game so don’t lose it either. Pathetic

8. Bill Pearson. November 4, 2013 at 1:01 pm . Reply

Oohah have you looked at your mail, and have you read giddy after you as well ?