Ok, so I had the hump earlier, which was why I couldn’t be bothered to write a proper opinion of the game today.
But having thought about things, I’m beginning to have serious concerns with regards to Paul Lambert.
Now I know many on here don’t like him, but he does still have his supporters who can see further than I can.
My opinion says Lambert is in over his head and the job is simply too big for him.
1) Poor substitutions. Enough said. Has anyone anywhere ever complimented any of his changes? (as it happens, I think I did once at the back end of last season, but you know what I mean).
2) Either the whole squad is poor or he just refuses to change things up when players are out of form, which suggests he has favourites.
3) The football has regressed. I was never madly convinced about our finish to last season, as we played some real dross teams, but whatever, I think we’re mostly agreed that the footy of late is dire. Nearly as dire as under you know who.
4) Whenever we do beat someone, it’s never convincing as in we easily deserved to win (this season anyway).
5) He’s quite simply the definition of “boring” when he does his interviews. That and the fact that you can hardly understand what he’s saying.
Lambert looks like a rabbit caught in headlights to me and I really don’t think he knows what the answers are (better players apart).
But that’s just my opinion.
I’d be interested to know what you think.