Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. RW July 17, 2013 at 11:16 pm . Reply

Also, I have mentioned Gary Hooper to a few people but nobody seems keen – including prem managers – he could go to QPR … From what I have seen he is a natural goalscorer – great ratio of goals / games. I know its Scotland – but he has shown he has a good first touch, great awareness, positional sense and can play up front on his own, with a partner or wide. £5m seems a bargain – and worth a go – much more so than the list of foreign names I have never heard of til this window and never seen play. Go get him PL – Celtic connections.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 17, 2013 at 11:25 pm . Reply

Sort of player pl usually goes for tbf

2. Terry Jones July 18, 2013 at 9:21 am . Reply

Follow the Dortmund model thought we were already doing that with the signings Lambert is making and his vision kids can do a mans job.

3. ralph.middleton@hotmail.com July 18, 2013 at 11:56 am . Reply

Benteke s loss is going to leave a massive hole in our team and our plans.But I reckon Helenius might just step up and surprise a few people this season.
    He might just be the next RVP

4. The1stSuperClubAVFC July 18, 2013 at 12:02 pm . Reply

Villa are playing a Dortmund! It’s been clear since day one our stance with this transfer. In fact a lot of what we’re doing is a slight variation on the Dortmund model. Dortmund, a huge German club with bags of history had to be unfortunately relegated before bouncing back. We were saved that fate last year but may struggle again this year but probably not as badly as last.
    Benteke is a different player to Lewandowski, simply because Lewandowski has class about him and shows respect to the clubs who have invested time in his development. We don’t have that with Benteke.

5. BillyWalkerShirt July 18, 2013 at 12:09 pm . Reply

Anybody know if Benteke turned up at bdh today?

1. BillyWalkerShirt July 18, 2013 at 12:15 pm . Reply

Answering my own question – yes he did, just been posted in the B’ham Mail.

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 18, 2013 at 12:23 pm . Reply

He has mate

6. Lionheart July 18, 2013 at 12:24 pm . Reply

Has Bale handed in a transfer request and showing the whole world he wants to leave Spurs…….

I thought not….

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 18, 2013 at 12:28 pm . Reply

No but he has been better advised than cb and probably got a better agent plus he still respects spurs

7. Lionheart July 18, 2013 at 12:36 pm . Reply

Read somewhere that Bent has agreed terms with Newcastle… anyone heard anything..

8. B6 July 18, 2013 at 1:09 pm . Reply

Oohah where do you get your “inside info” from?

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 18, 2013 at 1:24 pm . Reply

What inside info. I only get it if Internet or ss like anyone else

1. B6 July 18, 2013 at 1:35 pm . Reply

I thought you got inside info when you commented that Bale had been better advised than Benteke. I personally think Bale is a million times more professional than Benteke. Was curious as to know how you justify your comment that he’d been better advised that’s all. Anybody can give advice but ultimately it’s down to the individual to act upon it, the fact Bale hasn’t spat his dummy out proves he’s more professional than Benteke. I for one never want to see Benteke in a Villa shirt again.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 18, 2013 at 1:46 pm . Reply

No that’s just my opinion I assume he has been better advised by the way he is acted. Thou if utd come calling with 60m then he will prob be off. Benteke and his agent have acted appallingly but I would like to see him at villa next season simply because he has to play well because if the World Cup and we will benefit. If he has a good wc we will still get at least 25m for him especially if he signs one yr extension which he prob would do or he won’t get wage rise.

1. B6 July 18, 2013 at 1:57 pm .

Mate I’d fucking love it if Man Ure signed Bale and Spurs didn’t get Benteke, I personally hope he goes to another country but it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s still a Villa player next season and he scores the goal on the last day of the season against Spurs to deny them champions league.

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 18, 2013 at 3:03 pm .

Hope so to. Iv a sneaky feeling Benteke may stay for one more season hes made himself look a right twat putting in a request on not getting any offers

3. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 18, 2013 at 4:14 pm .

Yep and Lerner should put the price upto 30-35m ESP as bale would of gone for 20m more than he’s worth

4. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 18, 2013 at 4:19 pm .

Fwiw I think bale would be stupid to play for utd until they’ve est themselves without fergie I’d go Real Madrid if I was him the greatest club in the world (after us of course) IMO with Barca a very close second

5. marvin July 18, 2013 at 3:45 pm .

Unlike Benteke, it should be said Bale, or his advisers, see him less of a footballer and more of a brand.

9. JD VILLA July 18, 2013 at 1:23 pm . Reply

Well nice to see the turncoat back in training naughty boy Christian dont fuck wi Lambooooooooh Lambooooooooh UTV