It looks like Tammy’s staying; I’m glad

The news first came out in the Guardian, but it’s also being reported by Skysports and the Beeb, etc, so you’d expect it’s probably correct.
Of course, nothing is certain until it’s certain, is it? It was only yesterday that he was guaranteed to go, after all.

Of course, I’m massively biased in my views, but I do believe this is the right decision for the lad at this current time.
Yannick Bolasie sent a Tweet or an Instagram thingy that asked Tammy not to go with a picture of him having Tammy in a friendly headlock and you get the sense that the striker has got a great rapport with the rest of the Villa players, even though he’s only been with us for a few months.
Couple that with the fact that while I don’t think he’s anywhere near the finished article yet, he’s having a great season thus far.
As I suggested the other day, why would he want to leave?

There are of course, some good reasons though.
He’d be playing at a Premier league club for a start. But Wolves are going quite well and would Tammy be able to get much playing time there? You have to doubt it and substitute would probably be his usual position.

I do think we got a little lucky when Chelsea came out and said that the player wasn’t for sale.
I think that if Chelsea had wanted to sell the player, he’d probably have gone, as he’d have a much better chance of fighting for a place.
As it is, Tammy (or more likely his agent) has decided to opt for the status quo.

It was interesting to see that Abraham apparently didn’t train yesterday. Either he met the Wolves staff and asked for guarantees that weren’t forthcoming or Dean Smith just gave him the day off to have a think about it.
If it was the former, well, it’s to our benefit that we’ve still got him.
If it was the latter, we have a short term legend on our hands.

Either way, this is great news that I’m welcoming with open arms.

Pat 57 January 8, 2019 at 2:56 pm .

Our chances of getting promotion this season have just increased. Also heard that Barbet of Brentford might be interested in a move to VP.

Things are looking up (I hope).

Holte66 January 8, 2019 at 3:22 pm .

Another story mentions that the deal isn’t dead yet and Wolves awaiting ratification from fifa that he can play for them. Until we get to February we can’t be certain. I will be happy if announcement is made by someone at the club.

DSVilla January 8, 2019 at 3:31 pm .

Looking more hopeful that he will be here for the season. If a deal had been agreed pending FIFA clearance I would have thought that all parties would know, and that Abraham wouldn’t be training with us. I think there is a Jan 14th deadline for Chelsea to recall, and I would assume that would need to happen before he could be loaned elsewhere so the speculation may drag on for another week.

Certainly, Grealish is convinced he is staying, and I would expect him to speak directly with Abraham so it looks kosher.

Bill Pearson January 8, 2019 at 3:44 pm .

My last post more or less intermated the reason he never shown up on training might be he’s sorting himself out. credit to you Bill .thanks . It’s great news that I’m back thinking ok we might make the play offs, but then again I’m forever changing my mind.I don’t like the fact we might have loaned a player who could go down not playing , he’s in the league of being damaged goods.

Hitchens60 January 8, 2019 at 4:29 pm .

The media will keep spinning the story – it’s massive click bait fodder!

Sky reports that Abraham has told Villa he’s staying to the end of the season and would only consider a permanent move to a Prem side in this window and Chelsea have said they won’t sell him in January. QED

By the way, this is the new ‘bottle half full’ Hitch. LMAO

Bill Pearson January 8, 2019 at 4:41 pm .

For a minute Hitch I thought it was your rum bottle. I’ve looked on Villa web no mention as yet only Smith been showing them Man City Videos and going to follow their way of playing and training. I reckon he’s on the bottle as well.

Pat 57 January 8, 2019 at 5:25 pm .

Well Bill if you’re going to style yourself on anyone you might as well choose the best. Pep is IMHO the best manager around and one I really like because his passion for the game is always on display.

Bill Pearson January 8, 2019 at 7:15 pm .

No argument there Pat 57, I like his style of football. pleased about Abraham if ever a player we need its him.

Badger123 January 8, 2019 at 9:38 pm .

Latest news, Maupay will cost in excess of £15.8 mill.
    Two hopes there then.

And Xia’s holding in the club is now below 25%
    I’d guess this is classed as new money coming in and probably how we’re going to get around FFP.

DSVilla January 9, 2019 at 9:14 am .

Looking at various filings at Companies House it looks as if our owners have injected £70M in equity via new share issues since July 2018. This will be to cover debts and fund ongoing costs and must be part of their dealing with FFP.

Serious money on top of the cost of buying the club.