It looks like Tammy’s staying; I’m glad

The news first came out in the Guardian, but it’s also being reported by Skysports and the Beeb, etc, so you’d expect it’s probably correct.
Of course, nothing is certain until it’s certain, is it? It was only yesterday that he was guaranteed to go, after all.

Of course, I’m massively biased in my views, but I do believe this is the right decision for the lad at this current time.
Yannick Bolasie sent a Tweet or an Instagram thingy that asked Tammy not to go with a picture of him having Tammy in a friendly headlock and you get the sense that the striker has got a great rapport with the rest of the Villa players, even though he’s only been with us for a few months.
Couple that with the fact that while I don’t think he’s anywhere near the finished article yet, he’s having a great season thus far.
As I suggested the other day, why would he want to leave?

There are of course, some good reasons though.
He’d be playing at a Premier league club for a start. But Wolves are going quite well and would Tammy be able to get much playing time there? You have to doubt it and substitute would probably be his usual position.

I do think we got a little lucky when Chelsea came out and said that the player wasn’t for sale.
I think that if Chelsea had wanted to sell the player, he’d probably have gone, as he’d have a much better chance of fighting for a place.
As it is, Tammy (or more likely his agent) has decided to opt for the status quo.

It was interesting to see that Abraham apparently didn’t train yesterday. Either he met the Wolves staff and asked for guarantees that weren’t forthcoming or Dean Smith just gave him the day off to have a think about it.
If it was the former, well, it’s to our benefit that we’ve still got him.
If it was the latter, we have a short term legend on our hands.

Either way, this is great news that I’m welcoming with open arms.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 8
  1. Bill Pearson January 12, 2019 at 3:45 pm .

Taylor made a few mistakes today, don’t know why he’s playing.

2. Hitchens60 January 12, 2019 at 3:47 pm .

FWIW, I’ve been saying for some time that we don’t look good enough for promotion.

Smith keeps saying we’ve only lost once in 11 but how many of those did we actually win?

3. Holte66 January 12, 2019 at 3:53 pm .

It’s like I said before, we are a poor team without Grealish. No shots on target!

4. Bill Pearson January 12, 2019 at 3:53 pm .

I suggest we get Brenfords Manager, they are winning away at Stoke 2-1.

5. nath January 12, 2019 at 3:54 pm .

for those that cried last week will be fuming even worst this week, we can not string any passes together, there is a cross wind but its no excuse for the amount of stray passes. wigan are not even pressing to any great efforts.

too many players being carried. taylor and el ghazi for a accident in waiting on the same wing, none of them two can tackle or track their runners. if it wasnt for new goalie we would be 2 or 3 down, cant see smith being happy with that performance too

wigan really havent played that good and are a goal ahead, can only hope for improvement 2nd half. been a dull lack of quality

6. Bill Pearson January 12, 2019 at 3:55 pm .

I wonder why he don’t see that Holte66, its been sticking out a mile.

1. Hitchens60 January 12, 2019 at 4:07 pm .

Er – that sounds like a comment about our beloved former manager! Perhaps there’s something about managing Villa that dims the wits!

It’s a truism that no team should be so reliant on a single player that their results and, more importantly, performances, take such a huge dip. Even Barca with Messi had / has a range of quality attacking midfielders available.

It may be in the wider interests of the team to sell Grealish in the summer and reinvest the money to create a broader midfield base. I’m thinking James Maddison and Norwich here but there are other examples.

7. Hitchens60 January 12, 2019 at 4:21 pm .

From reading the BBC stats we seem to be playing worse rather than better!

8. nath January 12, 2019 at 4:22 pm .

smith bringing all three subs on. not a happy chappy

9. Bill Pearson January 12, 2019 at 4:23 pm .

Hitch, I don’t know if your watching the game if your not your blood pressure should be normal, this game is terrible Villa have no answer to what’s going on.Wigan are making monkeys out of Villa players a double change coming now for Villa Whelan Adohma, off Elfic off , Bjarnason off another change immanent.

1. Hitchens60 January 12, 2019 at 4:37 pm .

No, not watching Bill. Drinking a large gin martini which is lovely. I did try being positive but I’m afraid I’ve given up on this lot. Honeymoon over for Smith – words, words, words not going to cut it. We are dire!

10. Pat 57 January 12, 2019 at 4:25 pm .

This seems like a pivotal game to me. If we win (as it stands) we’ll be in 7th and just two points behind Derby in 6th.

If we lose we’re still in 12th and looking like this season will be a dud.