Sir Earl Barrett August 30, 2014 at 6:51 am .

Adam, make up your mind mate. He wasn’t a poor player but didn’t do enough to earn a new contract. He was a poor player and another Lamberk buy who didn’t cut it and was sold at a loss. Nowhere near string enough and wouldn’t have got near the team in any other year including Taylor’s team or David o’dreary which says it all. You’ll struggle to remember who he was in 3 months.

Hitchens 60 August 30, 2014 at 7:05 am .

Always likely to be sold at a loss but given he only cost (allegedly) £2m it’s peanuts in EPL terms. I agree with Adam, in a stronger midfield 3 he would have done OK but probably not enough to get a new contract. It doesn’t automatically follow that that makes him a poor player.

Bill Pearson August 30, 2014 at 7:36 am .

I think its not aimed at the player in general, he just didn’t show justification of being what was expected of him, you can blaim others in the team for what we sore, he was not strong enough for running the midfield. Adam I see we have four posts within hours of each other knocking further commends out on each posts, over the last few posts we ran with 200 + in comments now its down to 25-30 and new posts, this is only a question and not criticizing the intentions but thought this could have been added to your last post, 🙂 I could be out of order on this assumption.

Pete August 30, 2014 at 8:38 am .

Have you ever tried writing using the English language before?

badger123 August 30, 2014 at 8:49 am .

Pete your first post is allowed by me.
        But it’s not a very good one, tbh.
        Talk about the game/club and you’ll be fine.
        Come on here to specifically slate people and you won’t.

Bill Pearson August 30, 2014 at 1:43 pm .

Sorry Pet oops sorry Pete, thanks Badger its because I said sore instead of seen, Adam you know your one of my favourite posters its not a knock as Badge said its more of an observation, I just thought it was breaking up conversation, no I’ll go along with what Badges saying and keep my gob shut, Pete that’s mouth to you. Never went to school in my days always played the wag.

Hitchens 60 August 30, 2014 at 7:57 am .

Bill, widening the post into discussion on the transfer window It would appear that Cleverley is considering the move to Villa but would have to take a pay cut so unlikely to happen IMHO. I think the closer we get to the deadline, the less likely that Vlaar will be going unless someone comes in with a lunatic offer (I saw somewhere Villa quoted a price of £20m 🙂 ) I really can’t see PL letting him go at the last minute – would be managerial suicide.

OohAhPaulMcGrath August 30, 2014 at 11:24 am .

Maybe we can swap vlaar for cleverly one clown for another

Bill Pearson August 30, 2014 at 8:22 am .

Fully agree Hitchen 60 he to us is the main man in defence and it would bring the team down,Hey wait for it Oohah will have somethink to say on that ,from what ive seen of cleverley hes not the one for us,hope he stays away , it rials me to think Barry could have been back with us but Lambert wouldnt go back on his young players idea.

OohAhPaulMcGrath August 30, 2014 at 11:23 am .

Agree about Barry he wanted to come here as well

Badger123 August 30, 2014 at 8:34 am .

Bill, don’t knock the fact that there’s too many posts mate.
    It’s often difficult to post anything at all when there’s nowt happening, hence any posts are good.
    Just go with the flow and the most relevant post at the time will be the most replied to.
    All posts/opinions are valid, remember 🙂

That apart, I just realised I’m a day behind here, so was panicking about getting to watch the game.
    Only to find it’s on Sunday. Hmm.

Badger123 August 30, 2014 at 8:36 am .

Oh, as for KEA, I’d say he’s going back to his proper level.
    Which was never the Prem.
    Only around another 10 to go, imo.

Hitchens 60 August 30, 2014 at 8:59 am .

Bill, I also think Barry’s wages were (and probably still are) a significant problem which only reinforces the difficulty we would have in signing Cleverley or anyone else, for that matter, with high wage demands (Dempsey?). What i find difficult to understand is, surely PL / CEO must have a good idea of the wages this type of players will be demanding so why do we make a bid in the first place? Over to you Oohah!!

OohAhPaulMcGrath August 30, 2014 at 11:21 am .

Probably spending the whole budget on this clown that’s why. Or hoping utd will pay half his wage on a lain deal. Either way I don’t want him he’s shit money could be spent in remy

DSVilla August 30, 2014 at 3:45 pm .

Because Remy would choose Villa over Chelsea?

Lionheart August 30, 2014 at 4:09 pm .

DS dont you know. Remy is DESPERATE to take a pay cut and Join Villa..

You couldn’t make some of the stuff Ooa Ahh says..!

DSVilla August 30, 2014 at 6:38 pm .

I sometimes wonder if he watches football at all!

Bill Pearson August 30, 2014 at 9:05 am .

Hi Badger not knocking it just concerned one minute your on one then another, OK no worries will go along with the flow, done the same as you thought it was today finds out tomorrow cocked up the grandsons football match for me, you just keep getting that sunshine and whiskeys down you 14 days fly knower days,

Hitchens 60 August 30, 2014 at 10:55 am .

It’s being reported in Manchester and in Spain this morning that Cleverley has opted to join Villa? However, it’s also being reported that Cleverley would like a season long loan, making him a free agent next summer, and manure want to cash in on a sizeable fee. This one is liely to run to ‘the wire’ on Monday!

OohAhPaulMcGrath August 30, 2014 at 11:18 am .

Another loan move Ffs. Either sign him or tell him to fuck off. He’s either a villa player or he’s not. He’s not using us to get a move elsewhere he can fuck right off. Someone as shit as he is should be grateful anyone wants him esp for £8m. I pray we don’t waste our money on this joker just to help utd out

GIDDYVILLAN August 30, 2014 at 11:01 am .

I still feel Everton will nab him under our noses,I hope if so there’s an alternative & we’re not just blinkered on him.

OohAhPaulMcGrath August 30, 2014 at 11:15 am .

Doubt it they are not that stupid

GIDDYVILLAN August 30, 2014 at 11:30 am .

Well we can live in hope they are.

OohAhPaulMcGrath August 30, 2014 at 11:16 am .

Let’s hope he plays then