Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. Lionheart July 11, 2013 at 10:29 pm . Reply

Off topic.. But Dires Mertens went to Napoli for a mere 8M..!!

EXACTLY the type if player we should’ve been in for but I think the budget was too tight for if for now..

Next season hopefully once all the big wage bums are finally gone..

1. Andrew July 12, 2013 at 9:12 am . Reply

I’m sorry but even if Villa were in for him, Villa would never out beat Napoli for a player.

2. Terry Jones July 12, 2013 at 7:35 am . Reply

LIONHEART mate no one will want to come next season as we will be in the championship can;t beat lower German league teams then IMO the bench mark as been set.

1. BillyWalkerShirt July 12, 2013 at 8:08 am . Reply

Jesus TJ your starting early today, are sure a Villa fan mate? That vein of hate, contempt and loathing for the club seems to run pretty deep.
      Ok we all have our whinges but If I felt the way you and Oohah seem too then I think I’d give it up and take up croquet,crown green bowling or tiddlywinks.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 12, 2013 at 8:47 am . Reply

We are being linked with demba Ba now as a replacement. 28 though so just past his peak but only 7m thou wages could be problem

1. B6 July 12, 2013 at 8:52 am . Reply

28 and just past his peak? Can you tell me at what age footballers reach there peak please?

1. Foxy July 12, 2013 at 9:06 am .

I reached my footballing peak at 15, shortly before discovering beer.

2. BillyWalkerShirt July 12, 2013 at 9:05 am . Reply

Part ex with Benteke? Oh no I forgot he don’t want to go there but he’ll anywhere else as long as its Tottenham.
          28 probably at his peak but not a lot of resale value but a very good player none the less.

1. Andrew July 12, 2013 at 9:11 am .

Meh, either way at Ba’s age, he gets a 4 year deal or so, leaves on a free when his contract ends or he retires at Villa which wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world.

3. Foxy July 12, 2013 at 9:14 am . Reply

As long as he fits in to the new policy of young, hungry and on low wages…

1. BillyWalkerShirt July 12, 2013 at 9:26 am . Reply

He’ll be hungry its Ramadan this month.

1. Foxy July 12, 2013 at 9:45 am . Reply

One out of three isn’t bad.

4. BillyWalkerShirt July 12, 2013 at 10:04 am . Reply

See Merson’s having a pop at us it the B’ham Mail, what it is with him and Savage they have the right arsehole with Villa, Savage yea I can understand he plied his very limited trade at the Sty but Merson donned the Claret And Blue so why always bad mouthing us?

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 12, 2013 at 10:43 am . Reply

I think he’s right we only just limped to safety with bentekes goals so without that 20 goal striker we are fucked especially with our defense