Capital cup 3rd round; Blues get 2800 tickets and an appeal

I’ve noticed there have been no comments on the blues only getting 2,800 tickets for the Capital cup game at Villa park.

I have to confess, I was somewhat disappointed when I saw that, as the Villa-blues derby is still a classic, even though the meejah might not see it the same way.

There are more romantic derbies in the other big cities, but the difference is that we’ve rarely been at similar levels, at least in my lifetime.
Even when we were struggling in the third division of old, we were drawing in massive crowds, for example.
Which embarrassed the blues at the time, even though they were in a higher league.

Conversely, blues have had sporadic periods of better attendances, but from what I recall in my very briefest research, that’s all it has been; sporadic.

So it doesn’t quite do it for the papers.
The point is, we’ve never really been on a par, so there’s no real rivalry.

But we all know it’s as vicious as it gets for the younger fans.
We boast pretty much everything we’ve done is better, while the blues fans boast they’ve won something in this century.
They have a fair point.
Regardless, it’s about as tribal a game as there is anywhere, in my opinion.

So back to that 2,800.
Personally, I think they’re lucky to get that many seats.
It’ll be a long time before I forget about them lobbing bottles and stones at the penned-in Villa fans, who included women and kids, at the sty.
Not that we don’t have our own crew, who are probably just as bad,of course.

But that’s what’s ruined one of the best derbies going.
Hooligans from both sides, involving the totally innocent, who only want to watch the game and don’t want to see a punch-up.

If there was no trouble, there would probably be ten thousand noses at the ground.
Imagine what an atmosphere that would create, eh?

I can somewhat understand younger fans wanting to have a go at the enemy.
Blimey, I thought like that when I was younger and no doubt the British Army love it.

But for god’s sake, if you’re going to go down that road, think about what you’re doing lads, especially in front of kids and women.

Apologies if you think I should try and sweep this under the carpet and play it down, but we all know it’s going to go off, don’t we?

1. Deferenz
    Deferenz September 5, 2015 at 12:38 am .

I agree with you, as soon as the tie was announced I thought to myself that it will create more problems for us with the media and the powers that be. Look at all the flack we got over the WBA game and that is nowhere near as strong a rivalry as Villa vs Blues. And then Sky announce they are going to show the game live – great we will be shown as hooligans to the whole country. Let’s face it this game is not going to end without some sort of trouble kicking off somewhere.

I was reading elsewhere that allegedly noses were trying to buy tickets in the villa sections so that they can get more fans in to see the game. I hope this isn’t true as it could cause a lot of trouble.

1. Bum Bum
      Bum Bum September 5, 2015 at 6:47 am .

Things the Villa ticket agency should look out for if fans of the Scum try to buy tickets in the Villa section:
      Boils
      Inability to speak properly
      Neanderthal gait
      Putrid smells
      Fear of soap
      Unable to count to ten
      Unable to recite the alphabet in full
      No passport
      Big fat wives
      Kids with a thousand yard stare
      Bad teeth
      VERY thick spectacles
      Used odour eaters sticking out of coat pockets
      Torn nylon out of date anoraks
      Criminal records

Finally, before anyone is given a ticket, they have to say aloud “I love the Villa with all my heart,and Birmingham City should be allowed to go bust because they are f****** scum”.

That should do it!!!! 🙂

1. GIDDYVILLAN
        GIDDYVILLAN September 5, 2015 at 7:39 am .

LOL 😀 nice one bum bum.we’ll be fucked for car parking spaces with all them caravans.

1. Bum Bum
          Bum Bum September 5, 2015 at 8:39 am .

I could have added something about ‘atonal sing-song accents that make you sounds a bit thick’, but then I remembered our B6 postcode! Lol!!!

2. Bill Pearson
    Bill Pearson September 5, 2015 at 8:14 am .

Bub bum, you are wicked but I like it, the ticket allocation no more than what they did in the past, and yes there will be trouble that’s inevitable, just don’t give them top of the Witton stand and net the side section to divide fans, and again that will not stop idiots going just to say let’s kick some ass, they won’t think how its going to affect both clubs in lost revenue if fines are hitting the clubs.that game is for dopes knowing they are going to cause it.

1. Villatone
      Villatone September 5, 2015 at 9:35 am .

The police know exactly who the top boys and their inner circles are, all that’s needed is for the authorities to make them report to a police station at 5pm and the threat of jail if caught within 3 miles of the ground. It will go off but it might keep the trouble away from the match and surrounding areas.

3. little8
    little8 September 5, 2015 at 10:46 am .

Fantastic bum bum lol.

4. Ardent Villain
    Ardent Villain September 5, 2015 at 12:41 pm .

Badger – I don’t quite get what angle you’re coming from.

On the one hand you seem to be suggesting that 2,800 is too few – will lack atmosphere, etc., but then you worry that even 2,800 could cause a problem?

In my view it all boils down to policing and stewarding in and around the ground. The WBA game suggested to me that the stewarding at VP needs to be improved, more of them, much-better training, etc. WM Police are suffering massive budget cuts and they’re going to be stretched by games like this as well.

I think Villa are trying to play-safe with the ticket allocation, even though potentially they could almost fill the ground for this game; I just hope that they do enough preparatory planning and have enough stewards on hand to control whatever does kick-off within the ground. As for what happens outside, that will come down to the police.

1. Bum Bum
      Bum Bum September 5, 2015 at 3:52 pm .

Maybe he’s saying both. On the one hand it would be good to have the atmosphere, but on the other hand there will be more agro the more of the great unwashed turn up…

5. Bill Pearson
    Bill Pearson September 5, 2015 at 11:07 pm .

Its late badger and most of what you’ve said is spot on I’ve witness police arresting fans being in the wrong place at the wrong time, stewards today are not of yesteryear stewards all have to have safety and fire certification, Police are recruited from every division of West Midlands, so you can imaging you have Blue noses, Albion, and Walsall at the game, and fans arrested for just being at the game. The police sit every month with the council to justify how many they need to stop unruly football fans, in my day club paid 1/4 of policing and its not cheap.

6. Benno
    Benno September 5, 2015 at 11:21 pm .

They cant give them more than 3000 because of the potential trouble. Would be the same if it were at Blues. Atmosphere will be electric and it will be a close game if Blues keep playing like they are. Interesting to see who he picks for this game…although Im pretty sure Sanchez will be on the teamsheet that day!!

7. Bill Pearson
    Bill Pearson September 6, 2015 at 8:23 am .

70s and 80s at Villa park with Blues Villa clashes, it was beyond peoples conception of it being a football match of two local teams, you could see murder in fans faces yet the world had bigger issues, I just couldn’t believe friends could fall out over their team not being their colour, English clubs had a bad reputation abroad they had seen the way crowds behaved over here, I traveled with Villa many times and witnessed what other teams abroad thought of us, in Belgium seen the crowd turn on us and police came into our section of the ground with batons, they was hitting anyone they could see, lucky I had 15 Stewards with their coats and we stood between police and fans to show we was helping. Another time at Villa park Holte versus Witton , we just had installed cameras, the police just took no notice and filmed the crowds behavior, again stewards got between the fans and pointed to them that they was being filmed. My point is today its a big business for the authorities and its the fans that pay the bill, and at the end of the day the club gets hurt.sorry to live on memories and bore you lads, but yes Police will have big problems on that game at Villa park.