Villa 0 – 2 Spurs; Rubbish

Just when you thought things couldn’t get any worse, so they probably did today.

While I think the players did actually try in the first half, it could easily have been about 0-4 at the break, after Brad Guzan made some good saves; such was the gulf in class.
As it happens, we went in 0-1 down after Kane scored just before the half time whistle.

It was obvious that we were going to lose, but at just one down, there’s always the hope that things can change.
But that hope was extinguished straight after the break when Kane scored again.

At 0-2, it was game over and the players knew it as much as us fans.
Hence the second half saw Spurs going through the motions and Villa, as we’re so used to seeing, just gave up.
It made for tedious viewing and I was struggling to maintain any interest, to be honest.

Our midfield has to be the weakest I’ve ever seen, we have no decent wide players and Gestede….. well I’m sorry, but I think he’s awful with his feet and not much better with his head.
And again, the defence looked totally useless.
But we all know this and it just boils down to the fact that even though the confidence is at rock bottom, we just so lack quality.
There’s no urgency or signs of fight and I’m finding myself yet again questioning Garde, who seems to have given up as much as the players. That said, the players hardly give him anything to get wound up about.

Perhaps the only bright spot was Andre Green making an appearance.
He did ok, putting in a nice cross, put in a decent corner and worked hard in tracking back.
It’s obvious what his minutes were about and he’s probably going to be the sort of kid we’ll be backing next season.

The crowd were mostly subdued and it’s not surprising, given the fayre they have to put up with.
The season ticket holders, I can understand turning up; they’ve already paid.
But why anyone else would want to pay to watch us at the moment, makes me wonder.
Were there really 32,000 at the game?

MOTM was Guzan by a mile, as he was the only one of the regulars to put in a decent performance.

And that’s about it, as I am struggling to be bothered anymore.
A big part of me is now beginning to think “roll on next season” where we might at least have a chance of winning a game.
Not with this bunch of losers though.
Most of them aren’t good enough for the Championship.

1. Claret & Blue March 16, 2016 at 12:06 pm .

While I agree with the fact the youth need to be treated carefully I would suggest that games from now until the end of the season won’t do any harm whatsoever. Bar injury of course.

Look at what we have an tell me that bringing in the young Sarkic in goal wouldn’t do us any more damage? As a club but for him also.

Doncacien? Why has he not seen first team game time yet, he looks a sound and confident player.

Callum Robinson or Hepburn-Murphy, why the hell not? we have noone else scoring goals or providing them…(I know Robinson is out on loan) On the scoring goals front there really is absolutely nothing to lose for everyone involved.

Ricardo Calder, Suliman and of course Gardner…there are more and they’re all better than what we’re putting out right now. I can’t get my head round it.

The pont being is that, some of you think the harm will be solely down the morale of the player if they’re involved in heavy defeats and what not but then that’s where good man management should play its part, someone to have a quiet word and say ‘listen lads, we’re effectively down, you’ve got nothing to lose and it won’t be down to you if we do get relegated, go out and experience the PL, play with freedom, have a go, (because you’ll never see it again)…’ Plus you need to think that all these young lads would relish the chance, even if they go out and lose fifteen nil they’ll certainly relish the week after taht as well.

Now I do admit that for some of those mentioned I could be talking out my arse as I’m not the most informed person on the planet regarding loans and how the varying contracts work but surely we could have called some back..especialy considering there was going to be no backing?

1. nath March 16, 2016 at 5:55 pm .

of the players you mention only Hepburn-Murphy is at the club, the others are away loaned out. so this maybe why the manager has not picked um. ppl also need to remember these under 21 ‘s have their own competition, so while blooding one or two for 30 minutes or so isn’t problem, playing a load of under21 will have a knock on affect as they are gonna be playing twice within a week.

plus i recall fulham the year they went down, their under21 won the fa youth the year before, they blooded loads of their so called stars after christmas , this didnt save them and didn’t fast forward their youths development.

1. originallondonlion March 16, 2016 at 6:43 pm .

Where has Sarkic gone? If we have loaned out a keeper with only Kermit and Gonzo left at the club that is criminal

1. nath March 16, 2016 at 7:05 pm .

yeah i might have got the goalie wrong, steer is out on loan at huddersfield and Benjamin Siegrist is at solihull moors sorry but point was MOSTwhere out on loan

2. Claret & Blue March 17, 2016 at 9:38 am .

as I thought, fair play mate, understandable if his hands are tied in that department. But of the remaining that are there I just can’t get passed why there not being used at all!

2. originallondonlion March 16, 2016 at 1:40 pm .

I see a problem with the falling on swords routine.

If it is anything they have been practicing at BMH Almstadt will have fallen on his by accident – not realising it was loaded. And Riley will hit the scabbard instead and bounce back into play until somebody stabs him in the back.

Still at least the board have assessed the situation and identified some of the culprits.

3. Benno March 16, 2016 at 7:51 pm .

Our young players will be the ones that get us out of the Championship.

Gardner, Grealish, Baker…etc, and maybe even the likes of Green and Sulliman will come through too. They will stick with us through this nightmare and hopefully are good enough to get us back up.

Be nice if we could keep a couple of higher paid players, Amavi more than anyone, but we’ll see. The rest will all be off…and good riddance to most of them.

1. nath March 16, 2016 at 8:06 pm .

nice post benno i believe your spot on, when you remove the over paid waste of spaces, your left with gardner, grealish, baker ,clark lyden and i think gestede will prove his worth, when the team are attacking more, they can hang some decent crosses up which he loves, he is proven at championship lvl. if we can bring in a few bargains that are well researched. no reason why villa can’t repeat the last time we went down, bounce back straight away. but as champions instead of runner ups this time around

4. Bum Bum March 16, 2016 at 10:51 pm .

Shame Samir Caruthers isn’t still at Villa. He could have peed in a glass and fed it to Lerner…

5. Dave.C March 17, 2016 at 12:37 am .

Who’s disliked Bum Bum’s comment, I found it funny, also, did you notice another player involved in ‘Peegate’ was the ex Villa striker James Collins, we seem to be a nice training school for the modern gentleman!!

1. nath March 17, 2016 at 7:17 am .

wasn’t me, i liked it,thought it was a brilliant idea, he is piss poor at business so he should love it

2. Bum Bum March 17, 2016 at 7:28 am .

Appalling behaviour. Not uncommon sadly, especially amongst the rugby fraternity who liked nothing more than shitting in a pint glass (sadly witnessed first hand).
      Money doesn’t maketh the man does it?
      P.s. The dislikes mainly come from the private IP address at VP!!!!