Villa – Spurs; A foregone conclusion?

So we were at work yesterday evening and our crew nipped outside for a coffee and a smoke, where the talk turned to footy.
One of the lads asked who the Villa had got next and I said “Spurs at home, another shoeing”.
Things turned a little surreal here, as one of the lads (a Blues fan, no less) said we’d win.
I asked him if he’d watched our defence, but it made no difference. Anyway, we were all incredulous and the end result was that we’ve got a bet on and the winner gets a fish and chips supper, courtesy of the loser.
I love fish and chips.

I’m not proud to say that I’ve bet against us, but that’s where we are and while I’d be happy to lose the bet, I just can’t see it happening.

For me, it’s just a question of how many goals Spurs will want to score.
They fielded a weakened team in Europe the other night, so you can be sure they’ll play a full strength side today and yet again, you have to worry for us.

Remi Garde has asked for some passion from the players and to be honest, it just struck me as clutching at straws. It seemed an act of last gasp desperation and if you actually have to ask for passion, you know you’re in trouble.

I could rattle on about how we might setup for the game, but I think it’s pointless, as we all know that we’ll most likely concede first and the floodgates will open.

We have the same injuries and there’s no-one fresh coming in, so we know what we’re going to get.
Spurs probably have Deli Alli back, but it doesn’t really matter, as I think whoever they put out will beat us at a stroll.

The pundits are invariably predicting a two or three nil loss and I think they’re being kind.
As I said, I think it’s just a case of how many Spurs want to score.

I can’t raise any shred of optimism these days, it’s as simple as that and
the only surprise is that Spurs are only 1-2 to win the game.

A 0-2 loss at best, I’m afraid.

1. badger123 March 13, 2016 at 5:43 pm .

Post by Ayew and bar from Gestede !!!

Not that it’d make much difference.

1. Bill Pearson March 13, 2016 at 5:47 pm .

And a miss by Lescott.

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath March 13, 2016 at 5:48 pm .

32,000 today I bet not that many turned up

2. badger123 March 13, 2016 at 5:48 pm .

Green puts a peach of a ball in and there’s no-one there.
    He then takes the resulting corner and Gestede doesn’t connect cleanly and Lescott fails to score.

3. GIDDYVILLAN March 13, 2016 at 5:53 pm .

Damage limitation still piss poor the end is nigh.

4. Tekkers48 March 13, 2016 at 5:54 pm .

Saddest thing about all this is that it was only a few years back that both clubs where equal in terms of pushing for top 4 – 6 places. Fast forward to next season. They will be in champions league and us struggling in championship.

5. nath March 13, 2016 at 6:07 pm .

really hard watch……………that was, i am lost for words, look effort, i think they did offer effort, but today the gulf between the two sides was massive. i see comments like why don’t we go for it more, we did try here, but spuds could have scored with every counter.

can’t wait for the season to end, so we can ditch some if not all of the current squad.oh and to play more in more competitive games. its embarrassing and all thanks to mr lerner. take a bow you tw*t

6. Stubbs March 13, 2016 at 6:22 pm .

I think it’s time for Garde to go. His record is diabolical. I now he has a shower of shit to work with but they’re not playing for him.

We need a nasty bastard like a Dave Bassett, Brian Clough o even r a Bobby Gould. Someone who will grab the job by the bollocks and not take any shit from no-one and will have compete control of the playing side.

Garde is to much a gentleman to be managing in the Championship and in my opinion, doesn’t have the nastiness needed to motivate players for the fight.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath March 13, 2016 at 6:46 pm .

Garde will be gone by end of season anyway or when it’s a mathematical certainty which won’t be long

1. nath March 13, 2016 at 6:56 pm .

i understand where your going with wanting gardes out, but seriously if you think another manager would av could av should av. then you guys are not interested in blaming the culprit, but looking for a scapegoat well blame the manager

sick of hearing how hard the championship is or you need a manager whos won it or managed in it before gus poyet at brighton no experience at championship lvl or Aitor Karanka at middlesbro two just of top of my head who done good aving zilch championship ex

7. swampduck March 13, 2016 at 6:52 pm .

green would be first name on team sheet for next game best performer by far