Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 8
  1. John sneade
    John sneade January 5, 2014 at 9:03 pm .

Spot on Ted totally agree my biggest worry as always been the chairman isn’t that bothered what division were in , when and if he sells he’s onto a winner as he got villa in the sale of the century !! After the mill wall game last year we were flying down and in that window when we needed him most we got sylla and Dawkins !! That told me everything

2. Jay Dee
    Jay Dee January 5, 2014 at 9:20 pm .

We are 11th,struggling a little ATMIT but it won’t last.We will strengthen this window.We do not need to go down and have never gone down from the Premier League.We will be ok.What I will say is RL needs to pull his pants up..UTV

1. Bill Pearson.
      Bill Pearson. January 5, 2014 at 9:35 pm .

Jay Dee give you that, but come on mate, its the lower clubs and cup match humiliation , we don’t need that do we, we are only in our position because we was lucky, he’s fooling you all,sorry to say.

1. Jay Dee
        Jay Dee January 5, 2014 at 9:41 pm .

Bill no ones fooling me pal I can see what’s on offer I was at the Swansea game.I think Lambert has to improve what he’s doing on the pitch.But ATM he’s playing damage limitation football.The wheels have come off & it doesn’t look like the young kids can maintain a really good standard.Hence we are looking at experience to shore up the squad….I’m still behind the Villa….I think this is funny take a look UTVhttp://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AeOJC4XPDbU&feature=youtu.be&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DAeOJC4XPDbU%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

1. Jay Dee
          Jay Dee January 5, 2014 at 9:44 pm .

I’ve reported the link again it’s awaiting moderation lol utv

1. Jay Dee
            Jay Dee January 5, 2014 at 9:45 pm .

Reposted

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath
              OohAhPaulMcGrath January 5, 2014 at 10:16 pm .

Hearing rumours on fb and twitter we are after Bradford’s Nahki Wells a 5ft 7inch striker. Supposed to be a few clubs after him and they have had a bid turned down but don’t know if it’s us or not. Just rumours so dint shot me if it’s wrong.

1. Jay Dee
      Jay Dee January 5, 2014 at 10:33 pm .

This is a spoof of Paul Lambert after the other nights defeat lol

1. Naughtius Maximus
        Naughtius Maximus January 5, 2014 at 11:15 pm .

pmsl jay dee 😀

3. nath
    nath January 5, 2014 at 9:56 pm .

the country is kicking lumps out of our club ~ witch hunt and 4 nothing ~ all premier teams av disrespected the fa cup ~ but they aren’t getting the same bad press we are

lambert answered a question which most managers would av answered the same if they were honest ~ yet lambert made only 2 changes compared to most that’s nothing hammers change the whole team bar 3 ( 3 with vlaar but hes injured)

I understand we are bad and that’s ur topic but I love aston villa and we aven’t done shit the written press are aving a field day with us, we should back our team to the hilt

4. nath
    nath January 5, 2014 at 10:07 pm .

as 4 this subject

if you think being relegated would help us your crazy, I cried my eyes out last game in division 1 hammers 4 nil if I remember rite , but our team was bad then but had more experience than the current one but taylor dismantled the squad and we bounced back up with a similar tactic 2 lambert buying cheap as chips players and unknown ones

we are a few players experience ones in midfield short only and time (back us )

5. Morgan Villa
    Morgan Villa January 5, 2014 at 10:44 pm .

No to relegation, i understand your logic but i do not agree with it, we have a really young squad and for them to progress they need to keep fighting in this division. Relegation will have a very bad impact on our squad.

I am confused as to why we only have the choice of Lerner or a shiekh and relegation to survive.

For me its simple Lerner has lost interest but not enough for us to be relegated, he still has enough interest to keep us surviving in the Premier league until a suitor is found, that suits him and his needs. Lerner no longer attends games and i believe he has family priorities which is fair enough, he wont come out and say he has other priorities because it would immediately de value AVFC.

We have a manager in charge who for the whole of last season had us playing well in one half of every game from the Newcastle game onwards, this season with additions we are worse, the league position is of no significance at this stage. The significance is the points to the points the clubs around us have, we are very near relegation to believe other wise is over optimisitc to say the least.

Now i understand the arguments for keeping him because i would like to see the club ran in a way where the youth team progresses to the first team via one season loans to lower division clubs etc. Adding to that some experience and a coaching system at the club that is based on something cohesive. I think some of us started to believe lambert was the man who was going to do this, however it has become apparent that Lambert is bringing the complete opposite and his project is actually a fucking nightmare.

This seasons displays have been awful, the tactics are wrong and the players look out of there depth. I think Lambert is the wrong man if he stays we will be relegated, we did not have a single shot on target yesterday until the one hour mark of the game, this is against a team who the week before were beaten by Walsall and languish in the lower reaches of third tier football. I have ignored the result because the FA Cup is what it is but that one stat tells me everything about Aston Villa FC and where it currently stands as a football club.

6. bob
    bob January 5, 2014 at 11:04 pm .

Relegation is not the answer, Aston Villa 4 life, the bashing has to stop everyman and his dog are giving villa a kick and us as Villa fans have to defend and support the club.

UTV

7. Naughtius Maximus
    Naughtius Maximus January 5, 2014 at 11:18 pm .

pretty much agree with most of whats been said, for every Newcastle story there’s a Coventry, blues n wolves story.

8. Naughtius Maximus
    Naughtius Maximus January 5, 2014 at 11:29 pm .

besides didn’t we start again 2 seasons ago, and 2 season before that?
    we need investment, I think lambert is very poor at the moment along with the squad as a whole but if you put mourinho in tomorrow with our current squad I cant see how he’d do any better.
    both learner and lambert are to blame, learner for the investment or lack of it and lambert for his, well for what we are seeing week in week out on the pitch which is just not good enough, I do understand the constraints he’s working under as do most of us and for the most part villa fans have to a man been very supportive, my god we have tried and tried to remain positive and supportive but patience is quite understandably wearing very thin with what we are seeing on the pitch, none of us know what really goes on behind the scenes but we do know about what we are seeing when we watch and what we are seeing is just piss poor in my opinion.