Rumours galore and dopey footballers.

It seems we’re being hit with the full gamut of rumours today.

First off, Paul Lambert has supposedly been sacked, which has come from two different sources, according to the previous thread.

And it’s also been sort of confirmed that Mr Lerner has already sold, with the buyers maybe being Red Bull, although nothing is known for certain.

So why am I totally underwhelmed?

Because it’s all heresay and I don’t believe a word of it, in all honesty.

There is one line I did believe though and it’s the one that said “Villa park is in total lockdown wrt anything coming out” (or similar).
Why?
Because Mr Lerner doesn’t do his business in public and he’ll be the only one who knows, along with maybe Paul Faulkner, at the most.
And if only one other knows, it isn’t going to be hard to know who any “leaker” is, is it?

So what am I saying here?

Basically, ignore any of this tripe, is what it boils down to.
It’s silly season down the Villa and will be until Mr Lerner comes out with a definitive statement.

Talking of silly season, that brings me onto footballers.
I see Chris Sutton has just been declared bankrupt, apparently because of a spread betting foreign currency thing. For a massive £50,000.
Now if that was me, it’d be serious money.
But it isn’t and we’re talking about footballers who are on big money. In this case, probably about a month’s wages.
Spread betting is a big gamble, seeing as it tends to be heavily leveraged, but would £50k really be enough to bankrupt a top level footballer? I doubt it, myself.

And then we have David James, who’s apparently wasted £20 million in his career.

To think we’re basically paying their wages!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. MarkDraperNumber8 May 19, 2014 at 10:13 am . Reply

Lembert set to stay all over the papers regardless of a sale/uncertainty around VP.

Feckin great news that. Now I can rest easy knowing that we’re not going to lose the best manager I’ve witenessed out our proud club.

2. GIDDYVILLAN May 19, 2014 at 10:19 am . Reply

MD8 it would be common sense to keep Lambert for the time being until a new chairman is installed mate.I fucking hope to God it’s only a short term fix.

3. DSVilla May 19, 2014 at 11:03 am . Reply

Totally agree Vaze. The problem with most rumours is that are just that. I expect Lerner and Lambert to be here for most of next season, if not longer. Given how close we came to relegation I think Lerner will sanction reasonable net spend. I also think Lambert has learned his lesson, and will look to add extra quality rather than quantity. We really need to lose some players though. Bent/Given/Hutton/nZogbia for starters. They will continue to prove hard to shift though.

As for Lerner, he has made mistakes (and some big ones) but I can’t feel badly towards him. I hope the next owner has a similar level of decency, but I’m not holding my breath.

4. Bum Bum May 19, 2014 at 11:38 am . Reply

FUCK! Just confirmed, Lambert remains manager. Continues buying for next season along the same bargain shit buys. Gardner offered new contract. Albrighton to be let go. No buyer on the horizon.
    Get down to VP to cheer the’lads’on next season with this shit???? Stick it up yr arse!!!
    Awful news.

5. Bum Bum May 19, 2014 at 11:55 am . Reply

So much for all the ITK’s everywhere!

No renewal here. Will look forward to the WC instead.

We’re all aware of the ridiculous constraints Lambert has to work under, but I bet Randy has offered him a nice juicy bonus to stay. Talentless, mercenary git. Can’t beleive some still stick up for him.

1. Bum Bum May 19, 2014 at 11:55 am . Reply

Allegedly.

2. Andrew May 19, 2014 at 12:14 pm . Reply

Except it’s not been confirmed at all. 7500 To Holte is the only one claiming it’s confirmed, in the title, and then says it’s not actually been confirmed because the club’s yet to talk.

1. Andrew May 19, 2014 at 12:23 pm . Reply

Scarily enough though, I am expecting Lambert to stay.

1. Bum Bum May 19, 2014 at 1:18 pm . Reply

It’s on rotating news on bbc 5 live.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath May 19, 2014 at 1:23 pm .

What is?

2. Andrew May 19, 2014 at 1:24 pm .

So was Deadly claiming he thought we were sold already. 😉

3. Bum Bum May 19, 2014 at 1:55 pm .

The report as I described above. He also seems to have fewer funds than last years £20m. There would be no point in even discussing ylthis unless it was going to the status quo for a while, I.e. a few months. This looks worse and worse. So what was said previously about Randys business acumen????

3. OohAhPaulMcGrath May 19, 2014 at 1:02 pm . Reply

It’s a fuckin disgrace and the final straw for me

6. Vaze May 19, 2014 at 11:56 am . Reply

As for Sutton, he invested £50,000 into a spread betting FX company through his accountant.

There may well have been unlimited liabilities, so he will have gone for significantly more than that.

It is frightening how naive many professional footballers are about money, and as they say, a fool and his money…

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath May 19, 2014 at 1:01 pm . Reply

£50k is a couple of weeks wages so what happened to his other millions !

1. Vaze May 19, 2014 at 3:55 pm . Reply

Google unlimited liabilities.

He invested £50,000, his risk may have been much higher, inordinately higher perhaps.

Remember the Lloyds names ?

7. IanRobo May 19, 2014 at 12:41 pm . Reply

Great post Badger and today’s news has confirmed all you have said.