Page 1 of 1
    LANGFORDVILLA July 30, 2015 at 11:38 am .

Sorry to see him leave. He is proper and traditional CB who is as brave as a lion. I would be looking for a fee of around £3.5 mil for him. I wish him well. He has been a good servant to the club.
    Best wishes for the future!

Dave.C July 30, 2015 at 11:52 am .

I’d be gutted to see him leave, a young English [that’s important these days with the British born squad ruling] CB who has so much potential, such a waste to see him blossom at another club like G.Cahill. I’ve a Liverpool supporting mate who raves about him. Villa are doing some good business this Summer, selling Baker would not be!

Dave67 July 30, 2015 at 11:54 am .

Wish him all the best. Was unlucky with injuries . 2 mil, you would think that we would get more for him. I felt that he was get lost at the back sometimes. I believe he was at Villa from 13 years of age.

Dave67 July 30, 2015 at 2:10 pm .

Sorry about the grammer. I was typing on the phone and talking to someone at the same time.

BWS July 30, 2015 at 2:36 pm .

Not a bad player but for a big fella he appears little fragile, every game I’ve seen him play in he’s had the physio on seeing to some injury from a nothing challenge or he’s gone off injured.
    Now that says to me he is either unlucky, has a very low pain threshold or doesn’t have the mental toughness so all in all probably in the best interests of all he’s off to pastures new.

GIDDYVILLAN July 30, 2015 at 2:41 pm .

Agreed BWS I think he certainly improved over recent seasons but he did become a bit of a wuss.

BWS July 30, 2015 at 3:05 pm .

Hi Giddy, not a bad player but I don’t think he’s a Cahill.
        Where’s Bill P?

GIDDYVILLAN July 30, 2015 at 3:36 pm .

On his hols MATE, nice to see you back.

BWS July 30, 2015 at 3:47 pm .

I don’t think some on here would agree with you but cheers mate 🙂

GIDDYVILLAN July 30, 2015 at 4:40 pm .

MATE I certainly can say I’ve loved some of your posts over the recent years, on a dull day they certainly brighten them up.I love wittiness & you’ve certainly got that,try not getting derailed by others.

BWS July 30, 2015 at 7:46 pm .

Many thanks Giddy.

Jaymo83 July 30, 2015 at 4:35 pm .

I think certain players attributes can sometimes affect our opinions of them. I like Baker as he’s an old fashioned, “blood and thunder” type centre half with a no nonsense approach to the game. The fact that I like his playing style has probably clouded my judgement of his abilities and Burnley is probably about his level.

An English defender, approaching his prime years in the game would not go missed by a top flight club and the fact only Burnley are interested in him probably tells us a lot about his future in the game.

Never the less, I hope he does well there and wish him all the best.

ORIGINALLONDONLION July 30, 2015 at 9:52 pm .

A shrewd analysis Jaymo. There is only one thing wrong with Baker, he is too slow for the EPL. It is that which has led to the injuries he sustained. I wish him well in the Championship. He is a whole-hearted player – and a clean defender despite that.