Page 2 of 2 1 2
    marvin June 18, 2015 at 4:16 pm .

Sadly I can’t see Levy doing us any favors and any Spurs linked player will come at a heavy cost to the club. When have Spurs ever let someone go on the cheap? Hell didn’t we even had to pay for that failed Jenas loan.

Andrew June 18, 2015 at 4:19 pm .

Yep, I honestly don’t believe a quarter of the links to Spurs or former Spurs players. Hell Sherwood said only 1 in 10 things come off correct by Townsend. Does that sound like a comment from a manager who wants a player? Not at all.

Hitchens 60 June 18, 2015 at 5:38 pm .

Personal opinion – interesting! Now the rumours are about us spending £10-£12m on players and they are still not good enough! For me Sanchez should start every game in front of the back 4 with Richards as our key CB alongside Clark. And yes I would take Townsend – an improvement on anything we have at the moment – but what do I know compared to the experts on here!

Andrew June 18, 2015 at 6:35 pm .

Is spending 12m on someone just because they’re better than N’Zogbia and Sinclair exactly good though? Can spend 2m on a player better than either of them, hell spent 3m on a player miles better than those two put together who doesn’t get played. Townsend isn’t worth that kind of money and isn’t that good.

marvin June 18, 2015 at 10:15 pm .

I would say 10-12M for Townsend is low, he’s English and plays for Spurs. Two things which immediately suggest you are in for an inflated price. Who knows he very well may be on his way to the club now, but for that fee he isn’t that big of an improvement than we already have. Void of any news we should all assume Lerner will be at the club for another season and if the transfer kitty is the same well… that pretty much ends the summer right there.

GIDDYVILLAN June 18, 2015 at 6:00 pm .

I don’t believe anything until it actually happens, all these links & speculation are mostly media bollox & it bores me shiteless.suddenly spuds are now a feeder club to us just because their former manager is now at the VILLA it’s so predictable yawn fucking yawn.

mike June 18, 2015 at 8:21 pm .

Townsend now 1/4 to join villa on skybet.