Page 2 of 2 1 2
    Badger123 December 1, 2015 at 7:56 am .

I suspect there’s a lot of pussy-footing around about what some think, because we want to try and keep things upbeat on the whole.

Here’s my very frank take;

Veretout and Gana are utter crap, as it stands and shouldn’t even be in a Villa midfield.

There you go, I’ve said it.

GIDDYVILLAN December 1, 2015 at 8:40 am .

I we put all our players & I mean every player in a hat who we don’t rate I guarantee you that would be the whole of our squad.so the overall opinion is we’re absolutely utter SHITE.there is not one single player we have that everyone agrees is decent.

GIDDYVILLAN December 1, 2015 at 8:41 am .

IF we put *

saddened December 1, 2015 at 9:45 am .

I think there are two possibilities –

1, Lerner invests some cash to help us stay up, like he did with Darren Bent – problem here is I think we are clear out of luck and think we will go down anyway, which could leave us in financial sh1t…. I doubt anyone will come to us unless, like previously, its for their one last chunky pay cheque.

2, Lerner bury’s his head in the sand and thinks we will fight our way out of it – most probable possibility with the club coming out with their building for the future/transition crap !!

Whatever – I think we are down due to the woeful running of the club and purchasing replacement players by way of a computer game.

Shame on you Lerner !

pat57 December 1, 2015 at 9:55 am .

I think Amavi is quality. Injured of course.

Not really sure I agree that all our players are crap, I still think that they’re better than their current position (mind you that might only mean 16th instead of 20th) but they’re just not playing together, especially the defence where it’s most crucial.

Yes Watford got a lot of new players in but they also got their new manager in at the same time (he joined last June). This gave him some time to sort out the team he wanted.

Unfortunately we also gave our manager some time but it turned out to be the wrong manager. Even with some time Tim just couldn’t make it work.

Just wondering if Garde had been in place in the close season and with the same squad would we be doing somewhat better?

Oh well it’s all supposition now. Anyway Milton Keynes is just down the road from me so it’s handy for at least one away game next season :-((

GIDDYVILLAN December 1, 2015 at 10:33 am .

Pat there’s even fans who knock amavi for his defending abilities but good going forward & crossing the ball.guaranteed someone out there don’t rate him.

Hitchens 60 December 1, 2015 at 11:31 am .

Interesting – originally lots of optimism on here – much better squad than last season was the general consensus. Now, understandably not only does the owner / management stink (no change there then) ALL the players are useless – not one gets a tick in the box even Gana who was widely accepted as a good buy has descended to being ‘utter crap’ to quote Badger.

So, at last, we have complete agreement on this site.

Aston Villa are utter sh**e and deserve to go down probably no matter who the manager is or who we buy / don’t buy in January.

pat57 December 1, 2015 at 2:25 pm .

‘So, at last, we have complete agreement on this site’

Not quite, I’m still harbouring a little hope. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, okay it’s only a tealight and the wind is bloody strong yet…

Won’t totally give up until January. At least I’ll have something to take my mind of it then, I’m hopefully going to see Barca thrash Bilbao at the Nou Camp for my 65th.

At least one of my teams are okay 🙂

GIDDYVILLAN December 1, 2015 at 2:43 pm .

Pasalo bien at the nou camp pat hope they stuff em MATE.

pat57 December 1, 2015 at 2:58 pm .

Thanks Giddy.

Should be an experience, I mean actually watching a team I support win a game. Nearly forgot what that was like 🙂

GIDDYVILLAN December 1, 2015 at 3:28 pm .

LOL 😀 funny enough I’ve started supporting Bayern Munich I wonder why???

Bum Bum December 1, 2015 at 4:55 pm .

Glory hunter!!

pat57 December 1, 2015 at 6:19 pm .

Remember seeing Cruyff do his turn at Villa Park (1978?). Thought it was entirely magical. Supported Barca ever since – as my second team of course.

Well one out of two isn’t bad I suppose 🙂

BWS December 1, 2015 at 6:54 pm .

2-2 John Deehan scored the equaliser in the dying moments, them where the days Pat.