Graham Taylor; The sale is a “done deal”

Now I don’t know for a fact that this is true, but a couple of readers are saying that the headline is something Graham Taylor has said on BBC WM.
Or at least he says “all his sources” are telling him so.

I know I’ve said previously that I don’t believe anything I’ve heard or read regarding any takeover, but Graham Taylor is probably the only person I would believe in this sort of situation.
I’ve never even met the bloke, but I personally know a couple of people who live close to him and actually converse with him occasionally.
They both say he’s a thoroughly decent bloke who has the Villa in his heart.
So why would he come out with this, if he isn’t totally convinced?

If what he’s supposedly said is true, that’s good enough for me and I look forward to the announcement of our new owner(s) shortly.

If it’s not true, well, don’t shoot the messenger, eh?

EDIT:

Actual words, according to the Evening Mail are;

Taylor said: “The feeling is that the club will be up for sale, it is only tittle tattle but I had heard that the club had been sold on the basis that it had retained a Premier League place, if it didn’t, it wasn’t sold.

“We all hear stories but I heard that from what I would call a good source and I think that just fits in with a lot.

“Randy Lerner has spent a lot of money on the club, when you are not coming to watch the games it gives the wrong impression to the supporters.”

Hmm, hardly what I posted originally.
Apologies for that, but I’m sure that if there’s anything happening you’d want to hear it ASAP, from whatever source.

Perhaps I shouldn’t be so hasty?
Comments on that would be appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. Bill Pearson. May 10, 2014 at 9:28 pm . Reply

Fuck it had enough I’m buying the club to shut up crap info, some twat will say Katy Price bought our club, give it a rest lads wait till tomorrow and see how many had it wrong.

1. Bum Bum May 10, 2014 at 10:13 pm . Reply

Bill, cool yr jets, put yr feet up and watch a bit of Eurovision to take yr mind off things!

2. Bum Bum May 10, 2014 at 10:20 pm . Reply

Erm…has everything gone mental? Reports from the usa saying we’ve got a massive bid in for Fabregas and have met with his agent already. And that the Ellison deal is 100% done…all over the us media if you know where to look…!!!!!! Fuck me!!!!

1. mike May 10, 2014 at 10:37 pm . Reply

Bum bum . Where is the link ? Nothing but twitter speculation.

1. Bum Bum May 10, 2014 at 10:40 pm . Reply

Usa version of newsnow…hang on…

2. Bum Bum May 10, 2014 at 10:41 pm . Reply
    2. Bum Bum May 10, 2014 at 10:45 pm . Reply

Fabregas stuff was tosh by the sound of it. Lots of Elluson stuff though…Is it april 1st or 25th December tomorrow???

1. mike May 10, 2014 at 10:54 pm . Reply

The link just goes to someone called dermott speculating on twitter.

1. Bum Bum May 11, 2014 at 9:38 am . Reply

There were lots of other links mike, but now I’ve lost the ruddy page…

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath May 10, 2014 at 10:58 pm . Reply

Just heard Trevor Francis and Alex Mcleish have formed a consortium to buy the club done deal. Consortium consists of real pedigree too, Lee Clark, Paul Faulkner, Kenny Burns David o Leary and Jasper Carrott. As a show of intent they are making a world class signing by getting Kevin Phillips to come out of retirement for one season by paying him £100k per week. Also world class players already at Villa Park have secured long term contracts, Tonev, Lowton, Baker, Bennet and Sylla have all agreed long term deals. I’m really excited everyone at last we can be proud of our club!!!

1. Bill Pearson. May 11, 2014 at 7:09 am . Reply

Any chance Paul McGrath might be playing Oohah, buy the way, don’t I get a job at Villa Park I did use to run the place in the 70-80s even won the European cup.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath May 11, 2014 at 7:24 am .

Of course bill you can be our kit man 🙂 £59k a week ok?

2. Bill Pearson. May 11, 2014 at 7:57 am .

Kit man ? Shit that’s too menial for me, I want to put the players through their paces, got to be tough job, two hours sleep the rest training, I’d have them fit as fuck mate’ 100k week.

3. OohAhPaulMcGrath May 11, 2014 at 11:46 am .

Trainer it is bill. Lol

3. Bill Pearson. May 11, 2014 at 6:55 am . Reply

Bum bum even that Eurovision is fix ,another load of crap, talking to Elvis Presley he’s thought of buying the club, I will believe it when it comes should it happen , for all we know a change in direction might be on the cards, wouldn’t we look fools if Lerner still owns Villa. Only hours to go and it will be all over.

3. Andrew May 11, 2014 at 3:58 am . Reply

From what I’ve read.

Aston Villa has been sold for £220 million.
    Premier league and FA have already rubber stamped deal.
    Lambert has lost his job after tomorrow.
    There are three candidates for managers job. Managers in running for job is Moyes, Klinnsman and Villas Boas.
    £80 million will be spent on players.
    North Stand development will be undertaken within the next two years.
    Larry Ellison is the new man with the majority interest.

Rumours are so much fun.

1. Andrew May 11, 2014 at 4:35 am . Reply

Although Villas Boas is now at Zenit… So it’s unlikely.

1. Bum Bum May 11, 2014 at 9:39 am . Reply

And isn’t AVB doing exceptionally well there too???

1. Andrew May 11, 2014 at 12:40 pm . Reply

Haven’t lost since he’s been there. Won every game bar their last one which they drew. He’s really a great manager for the most part, if he gets what he wants. Would be perfect without a DoF kinda guy. Chelsea went for whoever they want as per usual and Baldini really screwed up their transfers. At least he finally got his Hulk.

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath May 11, 2014 at 7:21 am . Reply

£80m would get us midtable pointless

1. Andrew May 11, 2014 at 12:36 pm . Reply

Not really. 80m under the right manager could give us a shot at the likes of Everton and Tottenham.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath May 11, 2014 at 12:38 pm . Reply

JUST POSTED REVIEW OF TODAYS GAME

4. saddened May 11, 2014 at 8:28 am . Reply

Its bullshit, Ellison was meant to be at Villa Park last week…he wasn’t, he was in the US fighting his court case….unless he came over in economy, in fancy dress..People like ellison can’t just slip in and out of the UK/Villa Park…. Lerner and Lamberk will still be here next season, Lerner hasn’t even told his Manager what he is up to…thats because he is so egotistical he doesn’t give a shit !

1. Sir Earl Barrett May 11, 2014 at 8:37 am . Reply

I can’t believe that Lamberk doesn’t know what’s going on with Lerner. He must have told him. The sad truth is nothing’s going on probably. Another year of lamberk’s race to 38 points and pranging that there are three worse teams.

1. Sir earl barrett May 11, 2014 at 8:38 am . Reply

*praying*

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath May 11, 2014 at 11:45 am . Reply

Cud be tight but if so fans won’t bother going next year. I couldn’t stomach another season of these two in charge

5. DSVilla May 11, 2014 at 9:10 am . Reply

Weird. Just posted a comment that hasn’t come up so will try to repeat it. Sorry if it comes up twice.
    Taylor’s comment adds nothing new. We will find out soon enough what is happening.
    I just want to voice a comment about Lerner. Personally, I think he is a decent man who doesn’t deserve the level of abuse he has had on this site. He has made mistakes and can certainly be criticised for them. The reality though is that he is probably simply incapable of giving fans the success that they crave.

There have been plenty of comments about how failure to deliver success at the Cleveland Browns meant the same was inevitable here. Failed business man, dads money etc. Take a look at the recent article on MOMS site about the chaos at the Browns since the new owner came in. A new owner is just as likely to bring that as they are success. The problem with filthy rich people is that they are used to getting their own way, and they are often crooked.

I still have no idea whether we have been sold. Unlike the general mood on here it doesn’t excite me. Whilst I am as depressed as the next fan about our current plight I am pretty scared at the possible outcome. Change isn’t always good. Lots of us thought anyone must be better than McLeish. The same is true over Lerner. Only time will tell if it is for the better (if it happens). Fingers and everything else crossed!

1. Bum Bum May 11, 2014 at 9:47 am . Reply

DS, I’m quite sure anyone who reads sites like this takes individual comments with a pinch of salt, however would get the general gist that all is far from well. The footballing authorities should be more diligent in their checks, but ain’t because money talks, no matter where it came from. It is a bit worrying to see someone like Spuds who already had a decent squad, spend over £100m in one summer, to end up sixth!!!!…or maybe even seventh if the results go against them today.

1. mike May 11, 2014 at 11:33 am . Reply
        1. OohAhPaulMcGrath May 11, 2014 at 11:38 am . Reply

What a load if rubbish it says weimann has had a good season too. Total bollocks

2. Andrew May 11, 2014 at 12:43 pm . Reply

It also says they’d buy them for 15m together, and Weimann’s rated around 9m… That means they think Villa rate Delph at a grand total of 6m. 1. Lerner might be one thing, but if he stays, he’d be asking 15m for Delph… Alone. 2. They’d go for a bigger club than Newcastle if either left. Especially as both claimed they’re incredibly grateful to the club, especially Weimann as of late.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath May 11, 2014 at 12:52 pm .

delph cost about 7m years ago hes got to be worth double that at least.

2. Andrew May 11, 2014 at 12:57 pm .

Exactly. 1. He’s English and we clearly sell our best English players for high prices. 2. He’s been our best player, and we sell our best players for high prices. 3. Again, it’s Lerner. Despite everything that’s said, when he sells our best players, he gets ridiculous fees for them and again, Newcastle aren’t a step up in any sense. Weimann I can only see going abroad if sold, or to Liverpool/Tottenham, but I don’t see it, and Delph would make a bigger step up if sold. They’d probably cost what… 25, 30m together knowing Lerner?

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath May 11, 2014 at 11:43 am . Reply

True but if new owner dosnt deliver most fans will vote with their feet