Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
    cb October 1, 2013 at 10:23 am .

Having watched every game the “El Ahmadi has been terrific” comment has somewhat confused me he has been awfull for 95% of the season so far and has to be replaced.You are correct though we lack a creative midfielder and Bacuna could be that man

OohAhPaulMcGrath October 1, 2013 at 1:01 pm .

Kae is an awful player and his performance v Newcastle was arguably the worse iv ever seen anyone in a villa shirt play. He has improved since then but us all over the place he runs and works hard but has no quality whatsoever.

Andrew October 1, 2013 at 3:07 pm .

Some of the worst player judgements I’ve ever read… Well done you two.

#HELENIUS October 1, 2013 at 10:41 am .

Personally, I think you should play players in their best positions while we have the option, and from what I have seen, Bacuna has looked out of his depth in the middle, both pre-season and in the league (liverpool), while he is playing extremely well at full/wing back.

He was played on the right at Groningen in his last season, both at the back and midfield which suggests the manager there thought he was best as a wider player too.

I agree we still need that special CM player but I dont think Bacunas our man. But then Iv been wrong plenty before.

Villan1 October 1, 2013 at 10:44 am .

Yes, we need a creative midfielder but we can’t afford to let Lowton back in the team. Bacuna must stay at right back for now IMO.
    Lowton is a poor defender and I commend Lambert for rightfully dropping him. His goal at Stoke was great, but don’t forget the endless goals he cost us through poor positioning.
    Bacuna looks to have a good delivery and pace. He played well against Norwich and City at full back so why change things, there is no need.

Lionheart October 1, 2013 at 11:26 am .

Not sure we should move Bacuna.. he wasn’t any good against Liverpool or Spurs in midfield.. obv new league and takes time to settle etc.. he may well be a midfielder but as of now he is doing well as a full back.. it has only been two games and he will get better IMO.. so why move him and then he doesn’t do well and we lose him at RB too..

Naughtius Maximus October 1, 2013 at 1:19 pm .

Id have to agree that he should stay where he is at the moment, reasons being that lowton is just awful so far this season and has been responsible at least in part for every goal we’ve conceded when he has played an dhe just isn’t hitting any kind of form at the moment while bacuna has come in and performed very well in the RB/RWB positions while I would say he looked a little out of his depth in midfield for us against spurs especially. personally I think he needs a while before he’s midfield ready, remember he’s only young and brand new to the PL game.
    as for KEA I think he’s improved 10 fold on what I saw from him last season, cant fault his effort and if he could tighten up his passing game that would be great.
    we are with out doubt still missing a creative CM and I don’t think we have one good enough in our current squad and until we get one we just gotta play to our strengths which is fast counter attacking football and 110% effort.
    I would seriously hope that we aquire said creative/holding CM, (our holy grail quest if you like as its almost becoming mythical)in jan or the closed season next year.

Adam October 1, 2013 at 1:30 pm .

Keep Bacuna at RB and make him Free kick taker sorted. I think he defends quite well. I feel more sure about the defence with him at rb instead of Lowton. I think Westwood will provide a bit of quality in the middle when he’s back. I know he started slow but last season his passing looked good, and you would expect that to only get better.

Foxy October 1, 2013 at 6:27 pm .

I like the look of Westwood but he hasn’t had a sparkling season so far. He’s good at corners though and his free kick at Wycombe (I think) was great, although it may be that a Premier League defence would have been better at defending something like that.

Darren October 1, 2013 at 2:21 pm .

Bacuna certainly has the quality to play a midfield role at some point. If he played in the midfield, for me, he’d be playing out wide. He’s not a central player as I see it. But as others have said, he is much needed playing as RB for now. Who knows, hopefully soon we will see him get the opportunity to flourish in a new role and hopefully that’s because our squad improves even more!

Kerryvillan October 1, 2013 at 2:27 pm .

Honestly not sure bacuna is the answer for the creative midfielder we need, however i think if we could accommodate lowton and bacuna into the team we would be better, lowton is gettin a lot of stick over 2 bad games, its typical villa fans really very little loyalty or respect but expect the players to have that in abundance.

Lowton was great for us last season and if he can find the same form as last season wit bacuna in front of him either as a RM or on the right side of 3 in the middle i tink our right side would be sorted both attack wise and defensively because both lowton and bacuna can defend and attack and are very hard workers.

Westwood i tink could take KEAs place as he is a better passer but i tink KEA is really stepping up his defensive side of the game this year and i don’t think westy is great defensively.

Don’t know how long the loans for grealish and carruthers are but if they are not season long loans i tink either of these could be the creative player we need provided they can make the step up that is. But i really think grealish will make it, he just needs more 1st team action so would really like to see him on our bench at least after January unless we decide to buy an AM.

Jay Dee October 1, 2013 at 2:28 pm .

KEA is still adjusting along with the others that have had a season or less in the PL.KEAs goal was well taken if you see on the replay he called for the ball,moved for it and scored composed and we’ll scored.Bacuna is an all rounder and I think will be good for us.Bacuna played well and his free kick was majestic and perfectly placed.We have done well against Arsenal and now Man city.Our performances are inconsistent Newcastle and Liverpool show this.I am really glad Lambert changed up the system and got his home win.Now onto Hull away a good away win and we will have had a good start UTV

OohAhPaulMcGrath October 1, 2013 at 7:03 pm .

Not another lambert Lerner apologist give em time time still adjusting in a transitional period for the millionth year running yawn!

Bill Pearson October 1, 2013 at 7:25 pm .

Alert,Alert, Oohah slipping back into his negative mode, Oohah just give it till Hulls match, guess what”’ things might sssssurprise us. As for Bacuna leave him to his own devises time will tell. Kea is suspect at the minute, stands and looks at times when he needs to get involved, don’t get me wrong played well against Man City, Delf getting to many cards trying to hard, needs more support in midfield.

OohAhPaulMcGrath October 1, 2013 at 10:14 pm .

Yep the euphoria of sat is wearing of for me a huge dose of reality is hitting me hard. These last 2 results have simply papered over the cracks can’t see anything but a 2.1 hull win on sat with us conceding at least once from a corner

Villanon October 1, 2013 at 2:59 pm .

Not sure how anybody can think KEA has been poor this season? Everybody was poor against Newcastle but he has been decent in the other games. Certainly better then Westwood.

Andrew October 1, 2013 at 3:06 pm .

Exactly, he’s been far from poor and does have quality to him and he’s proved it this season bar the Newcastle game, yet still gets criticized by people on here.

#HELENIUS October 1, 2013 at 3:23 pm .

Even last season watching from the stand me and my old chap would notice what a work rate the lad…!! Every side needs a KEA. If he works on his distribution he could be class for us.

OohAhPaulMcGrath October 1, 2013 at 7:04 pm .

Kae is crap. Even the media reports after new Astor ha,e said his performance was the worst ever seen in the prem. we will never progress with the likes of kae in the squad trust me.

Andrew October 1, 2013 at 7:05 pm .

“trust me”… No.

I’m glad you take the media reports seriously, don’t you hate the media?

OohAhPaulMcGrath October 1, 2013 at 10:15 pm .

I do bit iv never read a comment in any rag that has been so brutal about a player it was a horrific performance. Yes the team were crap but kae jus took crap to a whole different level IMO

Bill Pearson October 2, 2013 at 12:01 pm .

Oohah do you mean Kea , as not to sure what Kae plays like, he could be crap, ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

OohAhPaulMcGrath October 2, 2013 at 6:34 pm .

Dyslexia kicking in. I went to a toga party dressed as a goat last night as well!! ๐Ÿ™‚