All quiet; the lull before the storm? and Villa’s fine list.

I’ve been wanting to post something for a few days, but it’s been very quiet hasn’t it?

I really couldn’t give a flying proverbial about what Jack Grealish has been doing on his holidays, for example, as long as he’s not making the club look bad.
The Football Manager game predicts we’ll finish ninth in the league, but that’s based on our current squad, that will surely be a lot different from what it is now, because hopefully we’ll get rid of at least some of the gutless wimps. And it’s only a bleeding game anyway, so you know it’s going to be wrong.
And amongst loads of other speculation rubbish, we’re supposedly interested in Ross McCormack at £12 million.

Yawn.

But what did arouse my interest, was the Villa’s leaked fine list.
Now, the name of the site in that link suggests it’s taking the mick, but I’ve read things on there a few times and I’ve not previously perceived it to be a satirical type site. Perhaps I’m being naive.

Whatever, there’s no clue as to where it’s come from and I can’t see any other site saying the same, so perhaps it is rubbish.

But while I know clubs already have this type of thing, it’s just nice to see that we might actually have some semblance of discipline being instilled from the off, as I firmly believe that there’s been none for a good while.
Consider that I’ve suggested for a while that if the bloke at the top doesn’t care a toss, so that will trickle down.

For all I know, this might be a standard list that’s just been changed re the part where it says to pay Kevin Bond.
I don’t know.
I’ve actually been given VP tour tickets as a birthday present recently, so I could go and look for myself, but I have to wait for other family members to be ready, so we can make a day of it (read go on the lash).

But while the fine for turning up in flip-flops made me laugh, so I think there ought to be some other things added.
Like a dirty big fine for wearing headphones when getting on/off the team bus.
That’s the height of ignorance, in my opinion.

I know.
I’m talking a load of nothing really and I’m just trying to keep your attention.
But there’s nothing happening is there?
Not that it matters much, as whenever I do write something, so the headline gets sidetracked and discussion moves on.
Which is just the way we like it and as it should be.

I’m hoping we actually get something decent to comment on soon though.
I feel some movement coming on, as it happens, although it could just be the Shepherds Pie I nuked earlier.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
    pat57 July 1, 2016 at 11:25 am .

Any legs to these rumours about Gollini the Italian GK do you think?

Also note that Darren Randolph might also be available – he had a good tournament playing for ROI.

Anyway glad to hear something might be happening as it will mean that Guzan will definitely be on his way out of VP. Can’t happen soon enough for me!

Hitchens 60 July 1, 2016 at 1:39 pm .

According to reports we have bid £4m on the recommendation of our new goal keeping coach. He’s well thought off and tipped for full international selection – the goalie not the coach! (-:

Andrew July 3, 2016 at 5:00 am .

Will be behind Donnarumma for international selection but will often be 2nd choice so still, a great option if we get him.

Hitchens 60 July 1, 2016 at 2:57 pm .

See Newcastle are signing good players – has anything really changed at VP where the silence is deafening!

Bill Pearson July 1, 2016 at 4:03 pm .

I’m beginning to wonder Hitch, nothing coming out from the club to show interest of getting people to buy tickets, shirts, I’m not getting nothing till I can see willing from the club.

pat57 July 1, 2016 at 5:10 pm .

Newcastle are signing players but are they any good?

Definitely not convinced about Gayle, especially in the Championship.

The silence is deafening but we can only hope that our club is like an elegant swan – not much happening on the surface but loads going on underneath 🙂

Stubbs July 1, 2016 at 6:04 pm .

Hope the new season is better than the new strips, they’re the worst kits I have known!

See some are moaning that no news has come out of the club for a few days and the silence is deafening, Is the club supposed to issue statements every few hours or something?

Hitchens 60 July 1, 2016 at 6:18 pm .

Not moaning purely posing a question and yes there is a responsibility with the club to keep fans fully informed and updated.

Stubbs July 1, 2016 at 6:26 pm .

And i there is nothing to inform the fans about then what are they supposed to do?

Bill Pearson July 1, 2016 at 6:27 pm .

We have some moaning about the strip as well, bloody moaners.

CA Villan July 2, 2016 at 1:09 am .

Hitch the club have stated that RDM will assess the squad he has first. They just got back for pre-season so I wouldn’t expect massive change yet.

On the other hand Rafa coached Newcastle at the end of last season and was able to assess the squad, but I have to say his signings have been underwhelming to say the least, and they just sold Andros Townsend.

Hitchens60 July 2, 2016 at 5:57 pm .

Good points CAV – must have been having a bad moment when I posted that!

little8 July 1, 2016 at 6:31 pm .

Sorry STUBBS i like the new kits the away one is brilliant lookin forward to getting that.
    Have a great weekend everyone.

Stubbs July 1, 2016 at 6:51 pm .

No need to apologise LITTLE8. It’s all about opinions. Unfortunately some can’t accept it when others differ and get upset when they have a dis-like lol.

Bill Pearson July 1, 2016 at 7:01 pm .

I’m glad you realised that Stubs, takes a man to see that.

Stubbs July 2, 2016 at 1:02 pm .

Thanks Bill, it means a lot hearing that. 🙂

Bill Pearson July 1, 2016 at 9:53 pm .

Well done Wales, million times better than England’s games.

pat57 July 2, 2016 at 9:56 am .

Have to agree. They were incredible, a real band of brothers.

They had everything that England didn’t have, passion, pride and purpose.

Er…have I heard that somewhere else before?

OriginalLondonLion July 2, 2016 at 11:44 pm .

Not wasting my money until the hit list is gone.

I don’t expect anyone to agree with all the selections, it is purely personal, but several favourites will be on most fans cards.

I will be buying a ticket home or away for the first match in which none of these appear in the starting XI, but not until then.

Guzan, Gabby, Richards, Lescott, Hutton, Bunn, Bacuna, Gana and Westwood.

Bill Pearson July 3, 2016 at 6:07 am .

Nothing wrong with that Originallondonlion, fully agree, New players please with better coaching staff, I’m getting impatient at the minute seeing other clubs getting their player’s , I’m aware he’s assessing what we have and probably seeing their mind set on Villa, but get on with it for me it starts next month.

OriginalLondonLion July 3, 2016 at 9:58 am .

Yes Bill I agree, Ritchie is a good capture for the Barcodes, We will have to hope RDM has links to Italian or Spanish hidden gems if he is not picking up useful players here. We have tried French hidden gems. RDM has tactical management skills in a different class as a CL winner, perhaps he can get good performances out of some players who were a shambles last season. Those are not on my hit list. Here’s hoping.

OriginalLondonLion July 3, 2016 at 10:10 am .

RDM won the Champions League and was fired and replaced by someone who didn’t. Eric Black who didn’t win a game as Caretaker at Villa has landed the assistant manager’s job at Southampton. Roy Hodgson said “Football is a results based business.” If it is – it occasionally stands on its head to look at them.