Young in Villa return? Wrong for so many reasons.

The Daily Mail have apparently suggested that Ashley Young might return to the Villa and I have to say it just made me laugh.
First off, I believe Young is on around £120,000 a week. Would he really be willing to take a pay cut of around £100,000 a week to come to us? It’s just a crazy notion.

Then, there’s the transfer fee, where apparently United would be willing to take less than the £17 million they paid us for him.
How about £12 million less? No, I don’t think so and that’s even if we could afford £5 million.
Which we can’t, if the all-in spend of £10 mill including wages is true.

So maybe we’re talking about a loan?
I doubt it myself, as I just don’t think Young is Lambert’s kind of player.

I rated Young highly at the Villa and he gave us some really good moments. Who could forget that goal at Goodison, for instance? But I often criticised him for his diving. Indeed, didn’t he even dive in a game against us? I forget exactly, but I’m pretty sure he did.
I’m not sure how you’d feel about him returning, but my feeling is it’d be doomed to fail.
And even if you dislike the player, it’d at least be a sign of us showing some ambition.

So in short, it just isn’t going to happen is it?

In other news, Roy Keane has categorically said he isn’t going to be Villa’s next manager, when he was specifically asked in an interview.
The mind boggles. While I don’t think for one minute he will be (and definitely hope not, as he’s been useless up to now imo), what was he supposed to say?
“Yeah, I’m here to pinch Lambert’s job”?

So, both non-stories then.

1. Andrew July 9, 2014 at 5:37 pm . Reply

Having Bendtner would give us quite a bit of relief from not having Benteke back yet. Kozak being back in light training is huge news as well. Weimann and Robinson should provide good enough cover. Do hope we see a winger still come in, despite N’Zogbia being back. DM is still the obvious position we need, but having players back from injury can go a long way for Villa.

1. Lamberk July 9, 2014 at 6:11 pm . Reply

Re-arrange these words Andrew.
      Straws at are clutching you!

1. Andrew July 9, 2014 at 6:19 pm . Reply

Are straws clutching at you? Am I close?

But no, you’re probably right. But then I’m not expecting much and feel we will be more comfortable if we sign Bendtner and can sign a Left Back, Midfielder and maybe a winger, even on loan.

1. Lamberk July 9, 2014 at 6:28 pm . Reply

I’m sure there are more “quality” bosmans out there.
          Here’s me thinking that the club had decided not to buy has-beens on stupid money anymore!

1. Andrew July 9, 2014 at 6:38 pm .

20k a week for Cole, 14k a week for Senderos is far better than 60k for Given, 80k for Bent, no? 20-25k maybe for Bendtner at most.

If we reportedly do have the 10-15m for wages + fees, then we have anywhere between 7-12m for 2-3 positions. That’s if the Telegraph was even correct that he’d only get a little more money than the reported 10m.

Pilkington’s still free. There’s our winger. 😉

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 10, 2014 at 9:53 am .

3. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 9, 2014 at 8:13 pm .

He’s not a has been at 26. He is coming into his peak years. Has one assist or one goal every 4 games. Not too shabby as at 26 can still improve

4. GIDDYVILLAN July 9, 2014 at 8:42 pm .

It’s not a done deal yet according to my local news there’s several clubs interested in bendtner so I’m not going to get carried away just least fatty ain’t handling any deals now.

2. LANGFORDVILLA July 9, 2014 at 6:30 pm . Reply

Bendtner, LB and DM and I will feel much happier……happier loves it when I feel her 🙂

1. mike July 9, 2014 at 9:13 pm . Reply

Pete colley says there is nothing in the bendtner links. Breathe easy.

1. Lamberk July 9, 2014 at 11:00 pm . Reply

Thats great news! You see, I can be positive!

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 10, 2014 at 9:53 am . Reply

3. Bum Bum July 9, 2014 at 11:13 pm . Reply

Vlaar the outstanding player in tonight’s game! Nice one Ron!!!!

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 9, 2014 at 11:49 pm . Reply

Always rely on vlaar to fuvk it up when it matters. Why he took a pen in first place is beyond me must be LVG being tactically brilliant agsin yawn

1. 88 July 10, 2014 at 9:18 am . Reply

The only player with the balls to take it – 2 others refused!!! Fair play to him, best CB at the WC according to Rio Ferdinand.
        I would like to see his stats for last night – headers won, tackles, interceptions etc. Playing against Messi Higuain Aguero etc who couldn’t score against him.
        I think he has been immense and its a shame as it would have been good to see a Villan in a World Cup Final.

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 10, 2014 at 9:52 am . Reply

4. OriginalLondonLion July 10, 2014 at 12:29 am . Reply

I think Gabby’s skills are perfectly suited to left back. He is a clean tackler, has the necessary speed, and of course he can pick a pass on the overlap. If we give him a new contract that solves the main defensive problem.

5. Adam July 10, 2014 at 9:18 am . Reply

Disgusting that Vlaar had to take a penalty. Shows the courage of the guy to take one for the team unfortunately wasn’t meant to be. He had a quality game though, and think this world cup will have given him a big boost. Vlaar and Okore partnership I think could be really good!

1. GIDDYVILLAN July 10, 2014 at 9:25 am . Reply

It certainly put him in the shop window mate. He obviously plays aload better around decent players.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 10, 2014 at 9:52 am . Reply

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 10, 2014 at 9:52 am . Reply

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 10, 2014 at 9:52 am . Reply

6. Kerryvillan July 10, 2014 at 9:24 am . Reply

My team for next year

lowton,vlar, okore,new lb
    Clark/new DM
    Delph westwood/Gardner
    Cole benteke Nzogbia

and grealish on the bench comin on for Cole at 60 to 70 mins.

7. LANGFORDVILLA July 10, 2014 at 10:02 am . Reply

Kerry..they are exactly my thought too. LB and a DM (Viera type) would be great. How about Nzonzi from Stoke?

1. ifiruledtheworld July 10, 2014 at 12:05 pm . Reply

People are missing the point, we actually have a DM in Sylla, who is ironically rated very highly by Viera himself. However he is constantly played out of position.. he was good when he came in but had a shocker last season, maybe this season he can turn it around?

1. Colonius81 July 10, 2014 at 1:21 pm . Reply

I woul agree with this, he seemed to always be deployed to the right of a midfield 3 with the expectation of carrying it forward or slotting in to cover the RB
        I think he could really improve given a central no nonsense dm role and more importantly a run if games.

He has that knack for breaking up the play and timely pressing of players but it went missing for the second half of last season

8. #HELENIUS July 10, 2014 at 10:22 am . Reply

Not sure but OOHAH may have put up a new post 🙂

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 10, 2014 at 10:24 am . Reply

Lol I dint no any other way of letting people no as we arnt on newsnow