Wycombe 1 – 1 Villa; Garde out. Yes, even this early.

There are a couple of things I’ve learned about our players this season.

1) Gil is a talented player, who, on his day carries a serious threat and can make things happen.
2) Gestede is absolute garbage and his movement is probably worse than mine.
How long can we keep saying “that was unlucky, because it was just behind him”?
A point can be made in it’s all down to confidence, but I think it’s more than that.

So why did we take off probably our best player in Gil, while Gestede, who didn’t look like scoring in a month of Sundays, stayed on?

Looking at this fairly, Sherwood got slated for taking off Sanchez against Leicester, a decision that helped in his sacking.
By that rating, my opinion says Remi Garde’s decision today will be seen as the same, when it comes to his sacking, which my money says will happen this season or more likely at the end of it when we go down.

Is that harsh or even dare I say Fickle?

Not really, as the truth is, while I’ve always tried to get behind Garde, I was never convinced by his appointment.
From what I’ve seen, he’s far too pragmatic and dare I say, scared.

We should have attacked Wycombe a lot more than we did in the first half and going with just Gestede up front was the wrong tactics in my eyes.

Am I being over-reactive in taking this position?
Well, the last to turn are always the away fans and when they start singing “you don’t know what you’re doing” to the manager, you know it’s only a matter of time.
Also consider that I’m not normally the sort who goes OTT at the first sign of a poor performance.

While Garde looks like he knows what a load of rubbish we are when you see his reactions from the bench, I have no faith in him whatsoever in being able to sort it out and bring the right sort of players in.

Hence, I wouldn’t give him a penny to spend in this window and we need someone who will give this team a kick up the proverbial NOW.

Nigel Pearson is our only hope, even if he gets involved in punch-ups with the players etc.
It’s what we need, as this current squad has absolutely nothing about them.

The trouble is, will Fox be able to see it and actually have the sphericals to act quickly?
I very much doubt it, because he doesn’t have a clue and he’ll be happy because we’ve managed to bring Wycombe back to Villa Park; ie more money in Randy’s pocket.

As for the game, that’s easily summed up in a couple of words, which are all I want to say.

Utter rubbish.

1. steve January 10, 2016 at 10:37 am . Reply

we all have our own ways of dealing with our villa frustrations.
    I tend to kick the cat and not speak to the wife after a match.
    also I come on this site and send the odd email the club.
    abusing the manager and players just makes every thing worse.

1. Bill Pearson January 10, 2016 at 10:53 am . Reply

Like it Steve, I must get a cat, your right send emails and post letters. Council might step in for all the litter they have.

2. GIDDYVILLAN January 10, 2016 at 10:58 am . Reply

I don’t believe in animal cruelty I have 2 dogs & a cat (Mortimer) I wouldn’t dream of harming an animal over a human issue.you should ashamed.

1. Bill Pearson January 10, 2016 at 11:03 am . Reply

Giddy, think that was a joke mate.

1. GIDDYVILLAN January 10, 2016 at 11:08 am . Reply

MATE animal welfare is a very sensitive subject to me & even in jest I’ll take serious offense to it.that’s all I’ll say on the matter.

1. steve January 10, 2016 at 11:24 am . Reply

sorry it was a joke. our cat is 21 and well looked after. I don”t speak much to wife though.

1. Bum Bum January 10, 2016 at 11:52 am .

Our cat is 20 yrs old. Cats rock.

3. Sir Earl Barrett January 10, 2016 at 11:00 am . Reply

I’m all for telling he players our views but the line must be drawn at the reported abuse of Bacuna’s kid – a clear line crossed there.

Aston villa, in my youth, were a club of immense standing, respected throughout the country as a club with dignity and professionalism. This is now gone and we are clearly a laughing stock with very little credibility left. This isn’t Garde’s fault or the current crop of no hopers wearing the badge, but they’re certainly perpetuating the image. There is nothing left for this season other than trying in vain to surpass Derby County’s 11 points.

You may as well archive all of this season’s posts and get ready to repost them next season as we’ll be saying exactly the same things unless someone comes in and buys the club. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at the fact that the poor old office, catering and match day staff will be sacked in their droves whilst Tom ‘moneyball’ AFC Fox will still be picking up a telephone number size salary. I know who I’d blame, and it’s not the poor sods who come on with their forks at half time to replace Guzan’s many divots. It was clear yesterday that we can’t even compete with league two. How many of that starting 11 would you keep? I always thought gestede would rip up the championship but he was static yesterday against a side he should’ve had a field day with. Lescott, Richardson, veretout, gana, Sanchez, ayew, adama, will all think they’re better than the second tier of English football when some of them aren’t even at that level. Dark days ahead me thinks.

1. Bill Pearson January 10, 2016 at 11:15 am . Reply

Sir Earl, so very true , for some reason it looks as if they saying to themselves I’m not bothering to do that I don’t think I should. The whole attitude in the game lac trying to be better than the other player?I’m questioning the coaching and who they are to Villa, it seems they don’t care.

4. Marvilla00 January 10, 2016 at 11:23 am . Reply

I think we as fans not helping the team at all we know the team are struggling and some players aren’t good enough to wear villa shirt but verbally abusing them it gonna help at all. We can all see how bad we are we just need to try get behind them and bring them abit of confidence!
    If anyone deserves abuse it’s the people at the top who’s making all these bad decision! Garde is a scapegoat like all other managers that been there! Board signing players that manager didn’t want!! And ends up with players that not good enough!! It show how bad we are at buying players Bournemouth has signed 2 players already and Eddie Howe not even declared interest in these players!
    Garde publicly told Sky sports news his interests In remy & debuchy and nothing happened as yet so it tells me the board is to blame!

5. Bum Bum January 10, 2016 at 11:29 am . Reply

That was in no way a penalty yesterday…

1. Marvilla00 January 10, 2016 at 11:57 am . Reply

How that a pen and Richards not!??

1. Bum Bum January 10, 2016 at 2:45 pm . Reply

I don’t think either were…just fair challenges both.

6. andrew1 January 10, 2016 at 11:58 am . Reply

the culture inside the club is like a gentlemens club.
    we have top training facilities but dont seem to be used correctly. coaching staff who dont appear to coach correct ways to play football. players just turning up and job done.

all these people are on good wages that we could only dream to have. i mean what most of them earn in one week takes average joes like me years to earn.
    so if some fans are seen shouting abuse i couldnt care less and i know that those players dont either.
    so to those who think those fans where in the wrong would you accept £20k a week to listen to abuse for doing sod all.

7. Hitchens 60 January 10, 2016 at 12:56 pm . Reply

Verbal abuse is classed as assault under the law where the recipient of the abuse feels threatened. I was reported for telling someone he was pathetic without any swearing and the police threatened to charge me with assault or I should admit the offence get a warning and a criminal record – I kid you not. I refused to admit anything and told the copper to go and read the dictionary – politely of course. Fair play the police got the idiot to withdraw the complaint …. but you need to be careful as it’s an aspect of the law that most people are not aware.