Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. Jay Dee February 22, 2015 at 12:47 pm . Reply

At the end of the day Sherwood has never been in a relegation dog fight so he may not know what it feels like to be down there at the bottom.The players he has at his disposal are not as good as what he had at his disposal at Spurs.You could see his dissapointment in his interview after the game and a certain look of shit what am I going to do now.Sherwood is an unproven quantity not slagging him off but he has only had 28 games in charge of a pretty decent premier league side not the dogshit players we offer up.I really hope Sherwood can save us but it’s a bit much to ask isn’t it.Yes he’s been probably handsomely paid but that doesn’t change the reality of can he can’t he.We are in the shit big time and only have Lerner the cheapskate to blame utv

1. Hitchens 60 February 22, 2015 at 1:21 pm . Reply

That about sums it up Jay Dee

2. pat57 February 22, 2015 at 1:43 pm . Reply

Feel quite a bit better now I’ve given up all hope of staying up (let’s face it if we can’t beat Stoke at home, who were beaten 4-1 in their two previous games and had half the team out then we’re doomed).

Might even be best in the long run. A young manager like TS given time in the Championship to mould a team in is own image might be the best result. Certainly better than having us hanging on by our fingernails in the PL every season.

TBH all this hoping is just too bloody painful, like having a dentists appointment that lasts 9 months.

UTV

3. Badger123 February 22, 2015 at 1:52 pm . Reply

Sherwood’s POV, as opposed to Lambert’s bag of shit comments, where we all did well and some players were great, when in reality we played crap?
    I know what I’d rather have.
    Expect Sherwood to thrash the players with his gob and at least make them sit up and take notice, imo.

The simple fact is that many of us agree that the squad overall is better than our current position.
    If that’s true, they need their arses kicking, big time.
    And Sherwood, like him or not, is the man to do it, imo.

4. GIDDYVILLAN February 22, 2015 at 2:07 pm . Reply

It’s still bloody tight down the bottom,it’s not over yet folks.I’m trying my best to hold on to something other than a fucking pint pot I think the newky game will tell us more about ts he’d then had a full week with them & I hope he’s ruffled a few feathers.FFS cheer up

1. GIDDYVILLAN February 22, 2015 at 2:12 pm . Reply

Ps until we’re mathematically fucked then I’ll give up,so if I’m on my own til then then so be it. UTV

1. Hitchens 60 February 22, 2015 at 2:55 pm . Reply

Good for you Giddy – you’re right if course. It’s just that 12 points from 22 games is the real issue. Without that ‘lucky’ first 4 games we’d be gone by now. I don’t agree that we’re good enough to be mid table; this is a poor side lacking in quality and, additionally, it seems to me that one or two players are not putting their soul into it – Benteke for one.

1. Hitchens 60 February 22, 2015 at 2:57 pm . Reply

Ps I’ll try and stay positive with you Giddy; better apologise to my liver now! 🙂

1. GIDDYVILLAN February 22, 2015 at 3:04 pm .

Cheers MUCKER that makes 2 of us now.

2. Bum Bum February 22, 2015 at 11:41 pm .

Three of us. Although I must admit, I’m sh**ing myself now…Lerner – you have a lot to answer for…

5. Dave67 February 22, 2015 at 3:36 pm . Reply

I am really down over the defeat yesterday, pat is right we are to use to losing and in a rut and the so called players mind set is all wrong and that comes from Lambert. Sherwood has is hands full. I hope he can do it.

6. GIDDYVILLAN February 22, 2015 at 3:48 pm . Reply

Leicester leading that narrows the gap,Martinez for the chop????’

7. William February 22, 2015 at 3:52 pm . Reply

Can,t see villa getting anything from both west Bromwich Albion games,tony pull is has done a good job,well drilled,a couple of good strikers,hard too beat,and these are the easier group of games for villa,need too win at Newcastle and Sunderland and draw with baggies,but I fear that won,t happen.

8. pat57 February 22, 2015 at 4:09 pm . Reply

Leicester unlucky to only get a draw away, Burnley the same yesterday and away against Chelsea ffs. They’re both in the bottom 3 with us and both showing some fight.

Wish I could say the same about the Villa but I can’t.

Giddy and Hitchens – good on you for still hoping but I’m finding it just about impossible.

TS is going to have to kick a lot of arses to stand any chance against Newcastle next week but I’m not sure what he can do, there’s just no belief in the players is there?

How we hoped and prayed that players like Benteke, Vlaar and Delph would stay at the Villa, now I’d flog them to anyone for a fiver each.

9. OriginalLondonLion February 22, 2015 at 10:01 pm . Reply

Sherwood’s post match comments named some players he thought were good. 4 of them. I am sure on Monday he will be talking to the other 10.

Gil and Sinclair are not true midfield players. A midfield player makes an immediate effort to get back behind the ball as soon as the opposition have it. These two sometimes drop, other times stay up-field of the ball to assist with a counter. Really a team cannot afford that both players fail to drop, the one nearest the ball has to. So we have not yet played 4-4-2. More like 4-2-4.

Gabby and Benteke think like the same player, they should never be on the pitch together. Good managers occasionally have blind spots about this, look at the England bosses with Lampard and Gerrard – who had the same problem.

As a few pointed out above, Benteke is not a great header of the ball – either at goal or as a flick-on distributor. He loses out at least half the time to centre halves. This does not matter if: 1/ when near halfway, he moves well wide of the centre and takes one or two markers with him, leaving a big space on the other flank. 2/ when attacking at set pieces he goes to the near post for a glance off the top of the forehead, leaving the back post for a dropping ball.

See how next week?