Vlaar out?, Ki in? Lambert out?: And shake it all about.

Well, same as usual lately, as in not much to report, but I thought I’d throw this stuff up there for discussion.

Concrete Ron is resting on his holiday and playing trampolines with his kids. Exactly as it should be on your time off. He goes on to say he isn’t thinking about footy, but will chat with his agent later down the line.

So, he’ll stay if nothing comes up, but will be off like a shot if he gets offered a better deal.

My money says he’ll be staying;

Swansea are looking to re-sign KI after interest from us and Arsenal;

This one is total rubbish. There is no way Wenger will be interested in him, so it’s down to if we can offer him a better deal than Swansea will. Sadly (and no disrepect to Swansea), that’s a big ask.
He seems to be our top target and I personally think we might get him, if the deal can be done.
I’d actually like this one to be sorted, for what it’s worth, as he seems a better bet than what we’ve signed up to now and he looks might he might improve us, with the club/manager showing a bit of ambition.

But we also have to ask how often we get our supposed top target. It isn’t often, is it?

And then there’s Lambert’s odds for the sack, which I don’t need to post links to, as many of us will no doubt have him marked as well up the list.

He won’t be the first (I’d back Fat Sam for that), as Lerner wants to hold him at all costs, given that he’s about the only person I can think of that would work under the current circumstances, unless we’re talking minor league managers.
I think I might do better looking for odds about him getting sacked by christmas.

Interesting times.
Not that it means I’m happy.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. OriginalLondonLion
    OriginalLondonLion July 31, 2014 at 7:52 pm .

Lerner’s story about a September sale is timed so it appears something is happening – but he will not have to prove it until after laggards have bought their STs. Take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

Vlaar – is extremely unlikely to go to United. He does not like van Gaal – has no choice but to put up with him as Dutch manager, but would not willingly go to join his club.

Gabby. I have a mate in Portsmouth with more money than sense who went to see Villa in USA. He said there were a lot of sharp performances and Grealish stood out, but that just contrasted with Gabby who contributed FA to both games. I do not know if Keane can crack the whip, but if I were manager I would tell him he is playing left back and if that does not revive his performances he is out.

Chesterfield result predictable with team of Yoof players and Guzan back in goal.

2. Andrew
    Andrew July 31, 2014 at 8:44 pm .

So we’ve reportedly made a 4m Euro bid for Andre Hoffman. Wonder if the Ki deal’s broken down too.

3. Benno
    Benno July 31, 2014 at 8:49 pm .

Interesting link to Hoffman. At least we seem to have identified that we need a proper DM now. I was hoping that we would also hear more about Daniel Wass…but that seems to have disappeared.

4. sasa c
    sasa c July 31, 2014 at 9:03 pm .

Original, many don’t want to admit it, but Gabby is just a busted flush, he has never kicked on and is neither a winger or a striker, he’s at the club after all this time because nobody else has ever bid for him, MON could not improve him via motivation and GH had him sussed technically..both cannot be wrong. As for Vlaar, he may well have had a good WC, but players can often shine in tournaments and be bang average,remember Poborsky?..so I’m with Ooohah on that one, Okore will more than do a good job.
    I’ll never forgive Lerner for appointing McShite, but I do believe that he will sell to the right person for the right reasons, and I hope above hope that Joe Cole can have a similar impact to that of Merson on the pitch. AVFC.

1. KentNielsen77
      KentNielsen77 July 31, 2014 at 9:30 pm .

Gary Breen had a good World Cup once.

1. sasa c
        sasa c July 31, 2014 at 9:43 pm .

genius…and as Spain got thumped by the Dutch first game, does that make Iniesta shite? and if so can we have him rather than Ki?

2. LANGFORDVILLA
      LANGFORDVILLA July 31, 2014 at 11:20 pm .

‘MON could not improve him’?….is that the same MON that used his great judgement by buying:
      Heskey
      Harewood
      Sidwell
      Shorey
      Knight
      Luke Young
      Beyes
      Collins
      Dunne
      Reo Coker
      Yes MON was a great judge of players!

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath
        OohAhPaulMcGrath August 1, 2014 at 12:11 am .

Well said the same MON that sold Cahill as he thought Zat Shite was better. MON overrated, overhyped as Sunderland found out.

5. badger123
    badger123 August 1, 2014 at 12:05 am .

Some good comments on here.

1) Gabby ain’t a wide player! He should be played down the middle, where he can run on to a hooof coming over his head. That’s where he’s best and his pace still scares the shit out of defenders. That plus he’s one of the most instinctive players in the box, I’ve ever seen.
    Whip the ball in low and hard and he’ll usually get some part of his body on it.
    Agreed though, technically he’s quite simply crap.
    But he’s an option. He can score goals. Sometimes.
    £56k a week? About right, but not in our current setup, where he’s worth about half that, same as any other top championship player, imo.

2) September takeover? Sounds about right and doesn’t bode well, imo.
    That probably means that the new buyer doesn’t want to spend in this window.
    Any mega rich prospective owner would be itching to buy players to improve his investment and would rush a deal through. As would Lerner.
    It could be a case where the new buyer fronts money or makes it a condition that Lerner buys certain players before a deal goes through, but I’m not holding my breath and reckon that £10 mill all in spend still stands. I believe we’ve a net spend up to now of £300k
    Just pathetic, although I realise the window isn’t closed yet.

3) I’m not going to comment on MON, save to say what is going on NOW isn’t his fault!

JD, nice place, Alcudia. I want to go there again sometime.
    Had a couple of great holidays with the kids there 🙂
    I won’t tell you where I’m going in about 3-4 weeks just yet 🙂

1. steve
      steve August 1, 2014 at 9:07 am .

1) agree with you about Gabby but he only wants to play 3 or 4 times a season the rest of the time he doesn’t want to know. I wouldn’t pick him at all until his effort improves.
      Weimann down the middle alongside a striker is better as he is a preadtor type player. He is not as effective out wide.
      2) September takeover – possible but surely a prospective new owner wouldn’t want to run the gauntlet with a relegation battle.
      One reason i think something is on the cards is Lambert has the perfect opportunity now to walk (I wish he would) saying the club at the moment is unmanageable as opposed is own management flaws. Why is he hanging around.
      3) Martin O’Neil is to blame for the starting the downward spiral.

1. saddened
        saddened August 1, 2014 at 9:20 am .

Lerner is to blame for the downward spiral, he let O’Neil spend what he liked while refusing to have a football brain on the board…. football suicide !!!
        I think the September (POSSIBLE) take over is bollocks, purely to sell season tickets, who in their right mind would buy a football club with their hands tied when the window is closed….. more PR crap !!!
        only my view though so i could be wrong !!

6. jvillan
    jvillan August 1, 2014 at 3:32 pm .

is lambert going to take ultimate revenge,by relegating villa,where has new contract gone after all he has been lerner and to certain extent faulkners poodle,even faulkner got out when he realised the young and hungry was not going to work,the 3 signings plus u turn over hutton bent zog given is a crime to us long suffering villa fans lowton steer out on loan,how many season tickets have been sold ,when the first sky match is shown at a half empty ground what will media say will it be lerner a good owner or one of worst proper yank just in it for money,sure he let mon go mad at start but we needed to get a squad everton have just spent about 40 million on fees and wages to have what theyhad last season,mon won his case against lerner who then proceeded to make mistake after mistake which we have paid for in spades ireland at 8 m plus16m wages houiller millions bent at 18/24 million plus 16m wages makoun 6m dont know his wages mcleish paying off blues given 3.5m plus15m wages hutton 4.5 8m wages zog 10.5 plus wages jenas who played about 20 mins then paid mcleish off sure mon wasted money but nothing on that scale and we where winning matches then,who enjoys watching villa since last couple games of houiller reign,LERNER is our problem and if we go down as i fear i hope he loses everything he invested in villa because he is killing us pice at a time

7. ifiruledtheworld
    ifiruledtheworld August 1, 2014 at 5:00 pm .

IncogAVFC has tweeted that we’re exploring the possibility of signing a championship player.

1. Lamberk
      Lamberk August 1, 2014 at 5:13 pm .

Championship? Thats abit ambitious isn’t it, surely he must mean League 2? And don’t call me shirley!!!

1. ifiruledtheworld
        ifiruledtheworld August 1, 2014 at 5:38 pm .

Just because it’s the championship doesn’t mean there’s not a good player to be found, could be Lascelles..

1. Andrew
          Andrew August 1, 2014 at 5:40 pm .

Read we were linked to Wolverhampton CB, forgot his name. Could be him too, though they said they wouldn’t welcome any inquiries or bids.

8. nath
    nath August 1, 2014 at 5:37 pm .

good to see the positivity around this site 🙂 jed steer leaving on loan ….does this mean given is staying???? has lowton left on loan??? i can’t find info on this. i would prefer bacuna be used in midfield rather than a wing back. finally i av been harsh on hutton. but in his return sofar hes impressed me, so hats off to him and i am sure he will be the right back wing back

9. badger123
    badger123 August 1, 2014 at 6:09 pm .

Nath, seriously, how can you judge Mutton on friendlies?
    He’s gash mate, imo and just not good enough for where the Villa should be, same as most of the squad.

That said, I’ve always said that freindlies mean nothing and could go back to my old story of how poor we looked in the pre season when we won the league. I won’t, but it explains why I believe pre-season means nothing whatsoever, either way.
    Same as we lost to Chesterfield, beating MLS crap means nothing whatsoever to me and the only thing you can judge is fitness, imo.

The way I look at it, we shouldn’t be hoping the likes of proven players like Given, Bent and N’Zog are our saviours.
    We should have moved on and hopefully improved, with new younger blood, looking better than the old guard.
    And that quite simply hasn’t happened, apart from maybe Benteke being better than Bent (as an overall striker).
    The simple truth is we’ve got decidedly worse over time.
    You have to blame the custodian for that.

1. nath
      nath August 1, 2014 at 6:37 pm .

i haven’t ever got excited about any pre season games / pre season games aren’t a indication for upcoming season. wot does thou is the fitness and togetherness which is all important.

now finally i said he impressed me being hes strong makes strong runs always offering himself in overlapping runs, then when u take in accounts the weather and him not playing only for scotland for over 2 years other than his loan.

he could easily say iam not playing for this manager or team or these fans but his attitude looks spot on for these reasons i was impressed

10. Jay Dee
    Jay Dee August 1, 2014 at 8:04 pm .

Lowton out for the season didn’t he fall out with Lambert about something not so long back?

1. nath
      nath August 1, 2014 at 8:17 pm .

can u explain jay i av been out all day and i can’t see anything on him were has he gone is it a loan ???

lowton has been disappointing since his first 12 months which he looked very promising. was he given chances last season, i think so he just doesn’t seem 2 reach the same standards he set himself in that first season

1. GIDDYVILLAN
        GIDDYVILLAN August 1, 2014 at 8:46 pm .

Boro I think??

1. nath
          nath August 1, 2014 at 8:55 pm .

🙂 nice1 giddy

1. GIDDYVILLAN
            GIDDYVILLAN August 1, 2014 at 9:12 pm .

Nath daily mail mate it says there interested in taking him on loan,I’ve red nowhere it’s a done deal.

2. nath
            nath August 1, 2014 at 9:25 pm .

thanxs giddy

no wonder i could find anything on this, so many stories are made up, sieving ur way through um can be a mission.

2. DSVilla
      DSVilla August 1, 2014 at 9:07 pm .

Jay Dee I think the Lowton fallout was supposed to do with him moving away from Birmingham.