Vlaar and Delph – The transfer window UPDATED 31.12.2014 17:16

I do enjoy the transfer windows and apologise in advance for the increased posting during this period.

Delph and Vlaar are the ever mentioned players to be leaving this during the January window. With rumours that Liverpool want to duck in and steal the pair for 15m, Tottenham in a part buy/swap for Delph and united after a bit of concrete for their back wall; it all seems inevitable and why not, they are on the last leg of their contract and with all the speculation and supposed competition, we could capitalise on the sales and ideally spend that money to make our team stronger and more dedicated to the future.

But this is all just talk and unitil the Window official opens and the bids role in, it still rumoured. TribalFootball quotes Lambert speaking about a conversation with Lerner regarding the matter

I’ve told him I don’t want anyone to go. He just leaves it with me. He will ask my opinion on it and then leave it on me.”

Lambert was then questioned about having the final say

Yes , I’m pretty sure.

This is all well and good, but if a player wants to leave, has 6 months left on the contract and is forced to stay; we will ultimately be the ones losing out.

Vlaar has also spoken up on the situation,

There was interest, but not of the calibre of clubs where I wanted to leave Aston Villa for

In regards to Manchester United, he went on to say

As a club I really wish I had, I would have noticed that. That has not been addressed

It feels like it is going to be a bumpy ride, but I hope it is much smoother than all the talk is making out. My personal feeling is that Vlaar should leave and we should cash in on him as much as possible because I am now confident with the CB’s we have and honestly could not have said that before the season started.

I would also like to see the back of Delph, especially if he is intent on leaving anyway because I honestly feel like his is over rated and this is causing other players to be over shadowed. Additionally, with all the hype built up around the pair due to international duty, we could honestly push for a nice return from the duo which could be put into a new striker and attacking midfield.

— UPDATED —

To save all the additional news posting, here is a little look at what Delphs rumoured potential replacement is capable of

LASSE VIGEN CHRISTENSEN

Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. Benno December 31, 2014 at 6:29 pm . Reply

I can see us selling Delph in Jan as we cant afford to lose a young international player on a free transfer. I think Vlaar will end up staying though and even maybe signing another contract if we do better in the second half of the season.

I would love to see us sign Ings, but I think a midfielder is more likely for now, especially with Kozak coming back soon too. The lad from Fulham is a realistic target. Maybe we could try and fob Bent off back to them!

Come the summer though, depending on which teams go down (and that we dont) there will be some good players available.

2. GIDDYVILLAN December 31, 2014 at 7:46 pm . Reply

Hopefully you are like myself getting totalled tonight so a big happy NEW YEAR TO ALL YOU VILLANS. UTV 😀

3. jvillan January 1, 2015 at 12:12 am . Reply

andrew
    are you saying lambert is not an awful manager and what i meant let delph rot how many matches has he been available since coming to villa under mon bit respect take him long way just cause he got couple caps head turned

1. Andrew January 1, 2015 at 1:06 am . Reply

I’ve claimed Lambert’s an awful manager since the first day he arrived.

And a bit of respect? If my memory serves me correctly, he’s never once complained about Villa, or claimed he’s leaving. However while he’s vastly overrated and not our best player like some fans seem to think, he’s still good and has ambitions and if the club doesn’t meet what he wants, then why the hell would he stay if he gets a better offer?

4. jvillan January 1, 2015 at 12:15 am . Reply

nath
    vlar was lucky in crap world cuphow many caps has he if so good why no big club come in for him summer like all bar benteke crap signings by crap lying fraud of manager
    LAMBERT OUT

1. nath January 1, 2015 at 11:19 am . Reply

vlaars so bad as you claim, why is liverpool arsenal and man utd coveting him. who knows what will happen during the transfer window. cause hes older clubs tend to wait, until their contacts run out and then offer um bumper deals. truth is you player judgment is a little bad like your eyes, if you if hes such a bad player.

also i never said not to sell either player, so explain what is your beef. arguments are best when the two debating sides have a different point of view

5. Hitchens 60 January 1, 2015 at 9:16 am . Reply

Happy New Year all Villans. Let’s wish for a better 2015 whoever our manager is UTV

6. GarethVilla January 1, 2015 at 10:34 am . Reply

I bet West Brom end up finishing above us with the excellent appointment of Toby Pulis.
    Normally when a new manager comes in results usually pick up.
    Sadly, in his 3rd season, we are still waiting for that to happen under Lambert!!!!

1. GarethVilla January 1, 2015 at 10:36 am . Reply

Tony (sorry)

7. nath January 1, 2015 at 11:24 am . Reply

happy new years everyone 🙂 hopes 2015 brings you all loads of happiness, iam still pissed got a hang over from hell

today game preview ??
    lets hope we can start 2015 like a runaway train, beat palace, blackpool and foxes that would set us up for the coming year.

8. Ifiruledtheworld January 1, 2015 at 11:53 am . Reply

Being linked to Yaya Sanogo, he’d certainly help with the goals in the short term and would be a shrewd move.

1. nath January 1, 2015 at 12:07 pm . Reply

i have heard this before, arsenal are after loaning him for experience. he reminds me of a younger kanu, he isn’t a goal scorer on the evidence i av seen, but hes awkward to defend against and own team mates aren’t sure on what hes likely to do next

i prefer the midfield strengthening, a younger cole with legs would make a whole big difference

1. Ifiruledtheworld January 1, 2015 at 12:18 pm . Reply

I think we have a younger Cole, if anything he looks better than Cole.. That would be Jack Grealish.

1. nath January 1, 2015 at 12:23 pm . Reply

i also agree the kid grealish needs to be given the shirt and told just go and do your stuff, nobody can doubt he has something different to offer than the other midfielders we play week in and out. you could keep the three midfielders even and play in the weimann role or gabby

needs to given a chance to shine,start the lad, instead of him coming into a match where ur down to ten men or chasing a game

2. Andrew January 1, 2015 at 1:01 pm . Reply

Someone who doesn’t score isn’t exactly going to help us score goals though. His only main goals came in the Emirates Cup.

9. jvillan January 1, 2015 at 11:56 am . Reply

nath
    where proof lpool mutd aresnal coveting vlar just usual paper rubbish our clubs dead as long as lerner is there fair play to pardew you can only be lapdog for so long

1. nath January 1, 2015 at 12:10 pm . Reply

weres my ignore button, listen jvillan iam not interested in getting into a nonsense debate, on how long is a piece of string is and if a tree falls in the distance, will it make a sound enjoy your new years day

10. Hitchens 60 January 1, 2015 at 12:34 pm . Reply

Think we were linked to a loan move with Sanogo in the summer but he was injured so fell through Don ‘t really know much about him but Wenger clearly rates him.

1. Andrew January 1, 2015 at 1:03 pm . Reply

Wenger’s one of those guys who won’t give up on players no matter what. Look at Wilshere. Hasn’t even come close to living up to potential, in fact he’s only gotten incredibly worse and yet he’s insistent on playing him. I guess it did work at one time for Ramsey so maybe. He also insists on that Polish keeper I can’t spell the name of and he’s also a very average keeper most teams wouldn’t have as first choice in the Prem.