Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. DSVilla January 16, 2014 at 8:55 am . Reply

IanRobo we are still at the same point. Lerner’s debt could only be converted into shares by either issuing more shares or a new class of shares. he has done the first option and converted debt into equity. If that is right there is no cash involved at all. He’s given himself more shares, written off debts owed to him by the club (and reduced interest payments) while strengthening the balance sheet. There will be no £90M in the bank. The balance sheet will now show the assets of the company as £90M enhanced (still negative probably). This makes it £90M more expensive to buy unless he wants to sell on the cheap. He could have agreed to do that with any buyer by writing off the loans. Sorry, but it just does look like housekeeping.

1. IanRobo January 16, 2014 at 9:16 am . Reply

No it is not, what it means is that the debt has all but gone, that puts everything in a different light for the future. I will check the report again but I am sure that will leave the balance sheet in a nice healthy position.

Makes it easier to sell, no debt, healthy balance sheet, good assets with ground and training ground that need no work.

I ask you DS does this ‘housekeeping’ make it easier or harder to sell the club ?

1. DSVilla January 16, 2014 at 11:56 am . Reply

My answer IanRobo is it makes no difference at all. Anyone buying Aston Villa will have an army of accountants and lawyers anyway. On a much smaller scale I sold my own businesses 2 months ago. they had debt to me which I wrote off at the point of sale but got paid the same amount by the buyer. It really is that simple.
        There may be some more complex issue about the trust fund being owed the debt, but Lerner must be in control of that as he has previously written off interest payments.

It would be nice if it led to more investment. I’m just saying people shouldn’t get their hopes up too much as I don’t think this really signals anything. If Lerner had created the shares and sold them to an outside investor that’s entirely different. If that had been the case we would have been told as soon as it happened

2. BWS January 16, 2014 at 11:30 am . Reply

Nice one DS because I couldn’t work that out for the life of me just how Randy puts in £90m and the debt disappears? In reality the debt is still there.
      Yes I get it he hasn’t put the money in but had it as equity but at the end of the day if he sells he’ll still want his money back so I can’t see what the big deal is?
      Time will tell if robbos right.

1. DSVilla January 16, 2014 at 12:00 pm . Reply

Yep. I hope he is right. As far as I can see Lerner now owns £90M more shares so he will want to sell them for at least that.

1. saddened January 16, 2014 at 1:35 pm . Reply

I can only see it making sense if he wants to sell a percentage of those shares for investment, not the whole lot as you can sell the Co with debt and it makes little difference… Once he has sold a percentage in shares he cannot (or he can but its V complicated) then issue more shared for his debt… Whereas if he is looking at selling a stake its now a straightforward sale for shares….. Only a though but this is the only option I can see as making sense….. Keeping debt is far more tax efficient than transferring it to shares … !

1. IanRobo January 16, 2014 at 4:18 pm .

That is what I do not understand guys. If he is writing off the debt that is good news in whatever way he is doing it and yet the club are not commenting (TBF journo’s not asking on the record).

When we look at the books now and 90M of debt is off the books that will look great so why did he do it now ?

Not say 3 years ago ?

2. Langfordvilla January 16, 2014 at 10:26 am . Reply

Lts of rumours floating around this morning regarding Cortese and a quatari consortium looking to purchase a PL club…..could that be us?…..just speculating!
    Fuck off Lerner and Red Bull, the Villa is OURS

1. IanRobo January 16, 2014 at 10:41 am . Reply

100% sure Cortese will be back in the game and he is a deal maker. However there have been some questionable things going on Southampton apparently with a couple of the signings so it should be buyer beware.

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath January 16, 2014 at 1:38 pm . Reply

Have you read this in the mirror talk about journalists spouting bollox. Faulkner saying as well that wev made progress because wev kept clean sheets and not been hammered. Fuckin joke if a club. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-doom-mongers-come-3028102?

3. OohAhPaulMcGrath January 16, 2014 at 2:11 pm . Reply

Just shows how far Wev fallen dafour waiting to see if spurs want him before he comes to us. U say tell him to fuck off cheeky bastard!

1. Lionheart January 16, 2014 at 5:22 pm . Reply

Spurs don’t want defour.. come of it.. they have about a 100 midfielder.. why would they want him on top..

I would rather raid spurs and take Holtby and Capoue..

Obv we won’t.. we are not spending in Jan.. hopefully a takeover rather than RL being a total and utter scrooge..

2. Langfordvilla January 16, 2014 at 5:49 pm . Reply

oohah…. Just need Benteke to tell him we play in London…job done 🙂
        Fuck off Lerner, Red Bull and any twat that wants to change our name, ground or colours!

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath January 16, 2014 at 6:56 pm . Reply

Lol. First the bad news herd and baker out for Liverpool now the great news joe Bennett is back. Whoopee do

1. Colonius81 January 16, 2014 at 10:48 pm .

lol

3. Langfordvilla January 16, 2014 at 7:23 pm . Reply

Whats bad news about Herd being out….Suarez is going to fill his boots. I would rather play Danacien than Herd. It quite often works out throwing a youngster in…no fear and all that!
    Have you seen Holt in a Villa shirt…he looks like an advert for a fucking kebab takeaway.
    He’s old, he’s starving and fat
    So thank you Randy for that!

4. Langfordvilla January 16, 2014 at 8:25 pm . Reply

Badger…’we will be fine’. Hope you enjoy mate. I will look on sky for the man hanging from a Villa scarf. No offence mate, but if your being hung, it probably means we are winning. So nice knowing you pal. HEITS 🙂

5. OriginalLondonLion January 19, 2014 at 9:11 am . Reply

Back from Anfield, a great show by the team! Just three follow ups.

The scousers in the wheel whipping biz are now happily working in the Red Bull pits – after an initial “misunderstanding” at Maclaren where they not only had the wheels off the car in record time but sprayed it red and sold it to Ferrari.

With Heysel and Hillsborough behind them you would think Anfield would be a model of safety now, but that one metre pit that Gabby fell into is a real danger.

Yes it was a dive, Suarez does not put his left foot down and only ha right ankle may have been caught. However look how far away Guzan was from getting a hand on the ball, not a good decision to come out of goal for it.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath January 19, 2014 at 2:49 pm . Reply

Exactly my point yes he dived but Guzan did make contact and if that was the other way round in front if the holt we will demand a pen. Also Guzan was at fault which I said earlier he made it really easy for him