Ayew to Hamburg, Guzan freebie to Boro, Villa sell out Sheff Weds and other stuff

I’ve been waiting a week since my last post for something more solid to happen, but sadly I’m reduced to speculation again.
I’m sorry, but I find it difficult to wind myself up about speculation these days, as I’ve had my fill of it over the years.
But that said, some of the speculation raises some decent points for discussion.

The fist one is Hamburg have apparently bid ยฃ8 mill for Jordan Ayew, if you believe the Daily Mail.

I find this an interesting one, as although we can pretty much get our money back here (and get rid of more fat wages), Tony Xia has come out on Twitter and said the player is staying.
The report comments that Ayew has scored 3 goals in 2 games, but what does that mean, given the opposition played?
I suspect the only way Ayew will be leaving is if we have a seriously better prospect lined up, as his versatility in being able to play anywhere up front or just behind makes him quite valuable to us, given the supposed lesser opposition we’ll be facing this season.
I have a feeling he’ll be staying, unless he really, really wants out.

Then RDM is apparently willing to let Brad Guzan go on a freebie, to Middlesbrough.
This one makes much more sense, seeing as we’ve just signed Gollini, as although I fail to remember what sort of wages the former no 1 is on, you can bet it’s way too much.
So yes, I suspect there may be something in this story.

There’s other stuff, that talks about Vertout’s advisors not fancying his move to Marseilles.
Oh, what’s that agents?
A player wants to move for maybe less money, which doesn’t suit you?
What a shame and F*** you, is my opinion there.
If the lad isn’t happy, wants to move and thinks he has better opportunities elsewhere, even if it costs him money, then he has my blessing. Regardless of my opinion of him as a player.
I actually find this story quite refreshing and wish him all the best if he does leave. 100% fair play to the lad.

And then there’s the news that we’ve sold out our 2,000 ticket allocation and have asked for more, for the Sheffield Wednesday game.
I’d have asked for a boycott at ยฃ42 a ticket normally, but I also knew that it would be a waste of time.

I watched the Villa play there around 1979-80 and the ground is very high on my list of football experiences.
For those of you who have yet to experience Hilsborough, but are going, fill your boots; as no doubt while it’s not quite what it used to be 30 odd years ago, it’s still a brilliant ground, I’d guess.
Massive stands and nearly on a par with VP, in it’s heyday.
Only nearly, mind.

In the meantime, we might be in for some players, if you believe the rumours.
But we have to get rid of some first.
And I seriously think this might lead to a few unpleasant surprises.

1. nath July 24, 2016 at 8:33 am . Reply

i don’t know the french league bill. are nantes any good, also when does their season begin. from what we saw last night they wasn’t a million miles better with the ball too. i am absolutely certain that a bottom 5 championship team will cause more trouble than nantes did to us. i would be grateful if somebody could correct me in last nights opposition and how good they are.

2. giddyvillan July 24, 2016 at 8:38 am . Reply

Boro will be a good tester you’ll get a better idea of the players he’s favouring to start the season off.yesterday a wins a win if it had been 3points would we still be so critical on how we managed it.it’s nice to quote the word WIN for a change I hope I get used to it. UTV

1. Bill Pearson July 24, 2016 at 10:18 am . Reply

I agree Giddy a wins a win, but not the same motionless attitudes, Yes let’s be more critical when the league kicks off and from that showing plenty to chew over I bet.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 26, 2016 at 3:35 am . Reply

Pre season wins mean nothing. England had 10 of them so to speak then got battered by Iceland when it mattered in a tournament!

3. Hitchens 60 July 24, 2016 at 2:07 pm . Reply

Didn’t see the Nantes game probably because I was trying to get through (or should that be to) Dover enroute to France!

However from comments on here comes back to my point that we desperately need creativity in mid field and have done so for several seasons. That would include a specialist winger who can cross from the goal line.

A new striker – well not to be ignored – but without someone to create the chances – waste of time.

1. nath July 24, 2016 at 2:35 pm . Reply

i think we might have one player at the club that can take the winger role. andre green might be raw, but has the ability we need. quick feet can cross decently and loves taking on the defenders. we can’t be afraid to play the youth, if they have the ability then they should be played. grealish also ran at the defenders when they both came on, it was refreshing.

hope RDM doesn’t ignore these players cause of lack of 1st team appearances, grealish, green and hepburn-murphy all can play vital roles this season.

ayew played the floating role and also looked good alittle deeper. but this means we had gestede upfront. and isolated. something which we need to address.

1. Bill Pearson July 24, 2016 at 2:45 pm . Reply

Good shout Nath.

2. Bill Pearson July 24, 2016 at 2:44 pm . Reply

Hitch, you might have been upset about how the team looked at it, me its bust a gut not a oh well its only a friendly, I know that Di -Matteo finding his team but he should in still to any player you get paid to work and show wanting.lets let players know now you are going to put right what you all got wrong by the club and fans, im away shortly and on the sea will miss two games , hope we get a midfielder and a descent winger , we need them.

1. Hitchens 60 July 24, 2016 at 5:31 pm . Reply

Hi Bill, if you’re sailing from Dover you better start out now ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a good one.

1. Bill Pearson July 24, 2016 at 7:01 pm . Reply

No Hitch, Debrovnic, worrying about my allotments at the minute, still holidays first.

1. giddyvillan July 24, 2016 at 7:16 pm .

BON VOYAGE MATE av a good un ๐Ÿ˜€

2. Bill Pearson July 25, 2016 at 7:16 am .

Cheers Giddy, all inclusive mate๐Ÿ˜Š:-) get it down yer,

3. giddyvillan July 25, 2016 at 7:27 am .

Too right mate drink em dry enjoy ๐Ÿ˜€