Villa V Arsenal Preview

B6 has kindly offered the following thoughts, cheers mate;

After the excellent result against Liverpool at Anfield last weekend we return to Villa Park this Saturday for a fixture that is full of anticipation.

I personally enjoy games against the Gooners. Whilst we always seem to do well at there place the same can’t be said when we play them at home. They have an impressive record at Villa Park and it’s always a tough fixture and I am sure this time around will be no different.

However, there are lots of positives we can take into this fixture, not only the confidence we have, that must be sky high after a fantastic start to the season, but we can also take the fact that Arsenal played an away European fixture in midweek and were comfortably beaten. I didn’t see the game but from what I’ve read and heard the weren’t very good.

So how will this game go? Personally I would rather play every game away from home because the way we are set to play and the players we have we are much more suited to playing on the break, something I believe you can’t do at home.

I think Arsenal have some top quality players on their day. For me Welbeck is a decent player whilst Sanchez is excellent, coupled with the likes of Ozil, Ramsey and Cazorla our midfield and defence are going to have to be right on top of there game. They do have frailties in defence however with no recognised right back available, something which we desperately need to exploit.

We are long overdue a victory over the Arsenal at Villa Park, my heart says a Villa win but my head is saying they will have a little too much quality for us and, as much as it annoys me to say it, I’m expecting our first defeat of the season. I hope I’m wrong.

Prediction….. Villa 1 Arsenal 3
Top bet….Welbeck anytime scorer and Arsenal to win pays 2/1
Worth-a-quid…..Sanchez first goalscorer and Arsenal to win 3-1 pays 65/1

Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. Bill Pearson September 19, 2014 at 5:18 pm . Reply

What’s the matter with you all , its all doom and gloom ffs, Villa will fight for a result you mark my words, I’m taking my grandson to his second game at Villa park they had a draw the last one, Langford would be agreeing that its changed down the ground and we have a good chance of pulling this one out of the hat, get behind the team and believe in your Villa.

1. Hitchens 60 September 19, 2014 at 10:01 pm . Reply

Bill, I predicted a 2-1 win and am being positive. All that law of averages stuff was intended to cause a smile!! Good job I never applied for a job as a comedian lol 🙂

2. badger123 September 19, 2014 at 6:19 pm . Reply

I’m back to working seven days a week with no chance of an early dart for a few weeks, so won’t even get to see the game 🙁

I’d normally have this one down as a banker, with Arsenal down to win, but I’m not so sure this time.
    Our defence looks a lot more resolute, but I think they offer more up front than us and have the better side overall, which makes them favourite.

I can’t see Arsenal not scoring, where I can us, given that it’s at home.

Probably an Arsenal win, but maybe a draw.
    If I had to predict, I’d go 1-2.

But I don’t think they’ll batter us.

3. Rocky1 September 19, 2014 at 7:54 pm . Reply

FFS stay positive and get behind the boys. The negativity is getting a bit tedious on here. We can go top with a win and enjoy match of the day even if it is just for 24hrs. We are much better now than we have been for the last 3-4 years, and the negativity is still rife on every thread.

Villa 2.0

4. JD September 19, 2014 at 8:27 pm . Reply

Villa to win

1. sasa c September 19, 2014 at 9:19 pm . Reply

Tough game this, because they are quality, Ramsey is a class act, but I fancy a 1all draw, with Delph to score, and if Cole is fit, put him in and let him roll back the years and hold the ball when needed.
      AVFC

5. #HELENIUS September 20, 2014 at 3:39 pm . Reply

Anyone still want to disagree with my 1-4 prediction. Lol. Was going to happen soon enough. Mind you, we prob the better side until then. Time to play for a bit of pride now lads!!!