Villa – Southampton Preview; Crunch time

I don’t know why I said that really, as it isn’t really crunch time is it?
Not in relegation or whatever crunch time anyway. But it is in a sense, because I get the feeling that this particular game might be season defining.
I mean, if we lose this, it just continues our abysmal form, something that would surely leave us low in confidence even though we have games coming up against erm, lesser competition.
Whereas if we could get a win, it would boost confidence at just the right time.

Unfortunately, I just don’t see us getting anything.
I looked at the league table yesterday.
Everton are around 6th in the league, but their goals against record is very similar to ours. Which to me says that the defence isn’t the major problem.
The massive difference though, is that they have have scored 22 goals, as opposed to our frankly pitiful and disgusting 5 goals. No prizes for guessing where our problems are then.

Same as usual, we have no creativity and even less threat in front of goal.
So what am I saying?

I think Lambert’s most likely option will be to try and park the bus, with us trying to nick one.
Which it seems is about all Lambert is capable of.
How that’s going to work, when our defence has been decimated, I don’t know.

I can’t see past a two or three goal defeat, simple as.

What will undoubtedly be more interesting than the footy itself, will be the crowd.
Will tonight be the night they finally turn?

VILLA: Guzan, Hutton, Okore, Clark, Cissokho, Sanchez, Westwood, Cleverley, Weimann, N’Zogbia, Agbonlahor (c). Subs: Given, Bacuna, Cole, Richardson, Bent, Lowton, Grealish.

SOUTHAMPTON: Forster, Clyne, Fonte, Alderweireld, Bertrand, Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Tadic, Mane, Long, Pelle. Subs: David, Yoshida, Gardos, Cork, Mayuka, Reed, Targett.

1. committedvillan November 24, 2014 at 10:09 pm .

so,so proud. sorry, bill and skiddy. what were your predictions for 2nite? see on Saturday after we beat Burnley UTV

1. Bill Pearson November 24, 2014 at 10:27 pm .

Sorry lads, been out carried a banner outside the ground calling for Lambert to go and not one lousy bastard walked with me, mind you nobody in the ground.have we still got idiots thinking we’ve turned the corner? Oh yes 3 never mind you’ll well one day.

1. Bill Pearson November 24, 2014 at 10:28 pm .

Get well one day 🙂

2. Banjs November 25, 2014 at 10:00 am .

“Carried a banner around vp”?
        Bill you’re full of shit.

2. #HELENIUS November 24, 2014 at 10:11 pm .

Good to see you lot out protesting tonight…… Like real fans should….!!!

Good point tonight, take that v them.

UTV – Paul Lambert’s Claret Blue Army – UTV

3. BWS November 24, 2014 at 10:13 pm .

I can bitch and moan with the best of them but am I missing something? Were we as bad as some are making out? I thought we played all right and Weiman should have put it beyond doubt, just what is the point of bitching for the sake of it?

1. Lamberk November 24, 2014 at 10:17 pm .

You don’t really think we played well do you?
      10 men behind the ball all game, even when we luckily found ourselves 1-up.
      This is more negative now than it was under McLeish.
      Get a grip.
      Lambert OUT.

1. BWS November 24, 2014 at 10:25 pm .

Did I say well? Worse than Mcliesh? I think he had a much better squad at his disposal Lerner’s the probl…Oh f**k it I can;t be bothered.

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 25, 2014 at 2:50 am .

Spot on lamberk

2. committedvillan November 24, 2014 at 10:26 pm .

try asking yourself that question. you aint stopped bitching since we last got a draw against a top 4 team. and we’ve had the international break since then> negative prick.

1. BWS November 24, 2014 at 10:30 pm .

May I at this festive time wish a merry eczema and a happy gonorrhoea.

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 25, 2014 at 2:48 am .

So West Ham are a top 4 team lol u really are a fuckwit

3. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 25, 2014 at 2:53 am .

We put 10 men behind the ball, scored a lucky goal and hoped to nick it. As always we got found out and failed again. Ones hot on target, no second half goals for 18 matches and 6 goals scored all season. It’s shameful

4. Tekkers48 November 24, 2014 at 10:16 pm .

I want villa to win every game but understand it is unrealistic but what I always want is to be entertained and not by the opposition. Everybody that I speak to always say that villa are a boring team. Shit tactics shit manager shit owner !

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 25, 2014 at 2:51 am .

Agree tgh I would rather okay entertaining football and lose 3.2 than watch us stick 10 men behind the ball and fluke a draw. Pointless

5. committedvillan November 24, 2014 at 10:18 pm .

oh dear, its very quiet on here, why is that. oh, i get it, we didnt lose, even though we were playing a top 4 team again. sorry, bill and skiddy did the lads ruin your evening? there, there did dums lol

1. Lamberk November 24, 2014 at 10:20 pm .

8 games without a win and a whopping 2 goals scored in that time.
      Plenty to be positive about.
      Lambert OUT.

1. Bill Pearson November 24, 2014 at 10:33 pm .

Lamberk some people cannot count, two goals is fantastic to our believers,

2. Tekkers48 November 24, 2014 at 10:41 pm .

But they were 2 points against top 4 teams. LMAO !!!

3. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 25, 2014 at 2:49 am .

One shot on target ffs. No second half goals for 18 matches complete joke

6. Adam November 24, 2014 at 11:44 pm .

Not exactly a game to remember! But In all honesty it was a better performance than we have seen recently but definitely nothing to get excited about. The football was dire, same old Villa, defend for your lives, hoof and chase. Which is just unacceptable, no plan b and the subs were a fucking disgrace. We are a boring team without a doubt. We are going nowhere with this man in charge.

7. OriginalLondonLion November 25, 2014 at 12:11 am .

25311. Another record Lamberk can take with him. The lowest attendance in 15 years, and against a side 2nd in the table. S don’t worry Bill, you are not alone, the other 15000 who want Lamberk out decided to keep themselves out.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 25, 2014 at 2:34 am .

Awful crowd and bear in mind it was probably less than that as they take into account season ticket holders that don’t attend.