Villa 2 – 0 Albion; rubbish first half, loads of talking points and WEMBERLEY!

What a bloody roller coaster that was!
I’m totally elated, so am struggling for words, but I’ll give it a go.

Ok, the first half was basically shocking. There were far too many players who quite simply weren’t performing in my opinion, but even if we’d lost this game, I’d got it in my head that I wasn’t going to name them, as for me, it just isn’t the right time to be slating the players about a cup game.

Contrary to the commentary I was listening to (the Beeb), I thought the ref was awful from the off and he gave a bad decision against both sides in the first five minutes. Ok, keep the game flowing but when they’re not fouls, just get it right.

Getting to the point then and it’s more about Sherwood again.
There’s no doubt whatsoever from the overall game that he knows how to motivate the players in my opinion.

The fact is we were rubbish in the first half, but came out a different team and scored within five minutes. Surely this can’t be a coincidence, can it?

I could rattle on about how Sherwood made attacking subs and compare him to Lambert, who would have tried to hold the game, to no avail. But I won’t bother, as surely anyone can see it now.

More important than looking back on Lambert’s disastrous reign, is those two shocking sending off decisions.
Even more important is, what were those fans thinking, in invading the pitch before the game was over?

And even more important than that is if we can avoid the winner of the Man U-Arse game in the next round, we have a very serious chance of actually winning the FA cup!

Andrew March 10, 2015 at 2:03 am .

We can definitely beat Pool, especially with Gabby running at them. I can see us opening Blackburn up if we had too as well.

Seems Sherwood almost “confirms” Gil will be waiting till next season as it’s all about points and we won’t be seeing his philosophy till next season.

Hitchens 60 March 10, 2015 at 7:10 am .

See that the BBC have already written everyone off other than Pool and Arse – headline being Pool avoid Arse in SF so that’s it then – the mighty BBC have spoken. Hope they both get knocked out.

Bum Bum March 10, 2015 at 7:25 am .

I found that dismissive too. The subtext is offensive to the fans and other clubs. I’m an eternal fan of the BBC but that headline really pissed me off…

Ardent Villain March 10, 2015 at 6:25 pm .

Same here.
        Can’t stand the ‘others’ but the BBC have gone from being London-centric to Manc-centric since moving so many people up to Salford. They do seem to have a complete ‘downer’ on anything to do with the Midlands – or is that just me being an over-sensitive Brummie?

GIDDYVILLAN March 10, 2015 at 7:50 am .

I fancy Blackburn to do the bin dippers,it’ll make the Wembley trip a bit special for timbo.UTV

Hitchens 60 March 10, 2015 at 8:07 am .

Morning Giddy – it’s a beautiful day out there and it’s great being a Villa fan again. Task for today is to rebuild Oohah’s positive side! 🙂

GIDDYVILLAN March 10, 2015 at 8:12 am .

Morning MATE maybe he’s got to re-strock the medicine cabinet can’t wait for another 3 pts Saturday SOTM 1-4 VILLA keep the faith. 😀

pat57 March 10, 2015 at 10:50 pm .

Giddy, How negative! Sunderland to get a goal indeed 🙂

Sunderland 0 – 4 Villa (but I’d accept 0-1 now)

saddened March 10, 2015 at 10:56 am .

Morning all, great draw for us I think….. Liverpool have Swansea away, then Manure and the Arse, so think Blackburn may just do em at home…. Id be pooping it if we had Bradford or the Arsenal…… Then its the final and we all know anything can happen in the Final

pat57 March 10, 2015 at 1:16 pm .

Agree its a good draw as I def didn’t want Arse in the semis.

Don’t mind if it is Liverpool cos if we beat them and then Arsenal in the final no-one can say we didn’t deserve it.

Isn’t it great to think that its even possible?

Benno March 10, 2015 at 8:08 pm .

Anything can happen in a semi-final. Liverpool are than beatable if the Villa team that played Albion last week shows up.

Hopefully by that point Sherwood will have figured out his team/tactics. Would much rather Liverpool than Arsenal at the moment.