Villa – Albion; Can we do it again?

It’s another massive game against the Baggies and while it’s great to be in the FA Cup and I’d give up plenty for us to actually go on and win it, I have to confess that I think the game on Tuesday was far more important.
That’s not to say I won’t be gutted if we fail to win the game. It’s just that Premier league survival is more important at the moment, even though the FA cup is the only trophy I’ve failed to see us lift.
No doubt some of you might disagree.

Squad news then and although I thought we had loads of problems at the back, it seems Ron Vlaar might be available. Hutton’s suspended.
And that’s about it, from what I’ve seen.

For Albion, Darren Fletcher is cup tied, Anichibe is out with a groin injury and Mcnanamum is doubtful.

So what do I think?
Well, if it’s as good a game as Tuesday, I’ll be reasonably happy. Equally so if perform as well.
And if we get another win, I’ll be ecstatic.

You have to wonder how much Tuesday will have taken out of both teams, as Villa seemed to tire somewhat and Tony Pulis said the Albion were a bit jaded; hence even though it’s a Derby game with an extra edge, I think we might see more mistakes and possibly not as fluent a game.

Although I suppose we are possibly slight favourites to win, I think it’s going to be close and it’s very difficult to call. Win this one though and it puts in a nice position for the Sunderland game.

I’m going to go for it and say we’ll win 2-1.

Fingers and everything else crossed.

Jay Dee March 7, 2015 at 7:30 pm .

Hello Tim Sherwood boooooom utv

GIDDYVILLAN March 7, 2015 at 7:31 pm .

The SHITE we’ve been through what else could you expect possibly repercussions will follow I know where the fans are coming from but after the final whistle yess

Bum Bum March 7, 2015 at 7:37 pm .

Correct. Before the whistle, no. After the whistle, by all means fill yr boots!!! …it was stupid, but at least there was no fighting or owt…

OohAhPaulMcGrath March 7, 2015 at 7:40 pm .

Can’t believe the idiots invading pitch we never do that. Must be Blue Noses posing as Villa fans!!

Bill Pearson March 7, 2015 at 7:45 pm .

I thought that Oohah at first till I seen my nieces husband kiss Delph on the head, no good banning him goes back to Australia tomorrow, good game spoilt by idiots. Grealish should get rescinded.

OohAhPaulMcGrath March 7, 2015 at 7:49 pm .

What’s wrong in kissing Delph on head though hardly crime on the century mate

OriginalLondonLion March 7, 2015 at 8:18 pm .

No Pooftahs allowed in Australia.

gerry March 7, 2015 at 7:35 pm .

Any chance we can rename this site to “Who was the supporter with a rubber penis on his head?????”. Please

OohAhPaulMcGrath March 7, 2015 at 7:41 pm .

Dick head

Bum Bum March 7, 2015 at 7:58 pm .

I took a photo of him! How do I upload it to this site…????

Ardent Villain March 7, 2015 at 7:40 pm .

The scum who invaded the pitch before the end of the game have just put back the chances of trials of standing-terraces by about 40 years. Absolute idiots who should go back to the Sty.

OohAhPaulMcGrath March 7, 2015 at 7:41 pm .

Bottom line is they didn’t cause any trouble yes they shouldn’t have done it but out of character for our fans and didn’t affect outcome of game in any way

Ardent Villain March 7, 2015 at 7:45 pm .

Tell that to the FA when they whack a £100k fine on the club – or start making Villa play with 10 empty rows of seats around the pitch.
        No excuses, just shit behaviour.

OohAhPaulMcGrath March 7, 2015 at 7:48 pm .

Who cares 100k fine is peanuts and we are used to empty seats anyway. Lol

Ardent Villain March 7, 2015 at 7:50 pm .

So if the ref had abandoned the game and we had to play it again at West Brom, you’d be saying the same?

OohAhPaulMcGrath March 7, 2015 at 7:52 pm .

But he didn’t. Utd fans invaded pitch when they scored earlier in season. Means nothing.

billys boots March 7, 2015 at 7:48 pm .

10 empty rows we’ve had that and more for 5 years

marvin March 7, 2015 at 7:42 pm .

A great win – I’m feeling good, but the team still needs to learn to put in 90 mins of football. Again, it was a game of two halves.

As for the supporters on the pitch – fools and I hope they all get fined. Running on after the game, fine, but to do it with 5 minutes left is beyond excusable and it now ruins the whole mood. The club will have to pay a fine, publicly shun the action, and Sherwood will now have to spend half his time talking about the supporters than actually focusing on keeping the squad focused. It’s upsetting because up until that point the crowd was fantastic.

GIDDYVILLAN March 7, 2015 at 8:06 pm .

Both cards will be rescinded off to bed can’t keep me eye balls open UTV

jaymo83 March 7, 2015 at 8:34 pm .

Great second half performance and great to beat Sandwell town twice in a few days. Red had a good game with the exception of the Yakob and Grealish decisions – am I right in saying they can’t be rescinded as they were both second yellows?