Villa 1- 2 Spurs; Another home loss

So I sneaked out of work early to make sure I could at least watch the second half of the game, only to find that the site had gone down again.
Pulling my hair out, I got in touch with the site host and they rebooted the services, which got the site up again.
Hopefully things will be ok now, but rest assured, if there are further problems, they’ll only be temporary. We’re not going anywhere.

Anyway, the truth is because I was trying to sort the site out, I didn’t actually get to see much of the game.
What I did see though, looked reasonably encouraging, as we were working hard as per usual.
Until Benteke got sent off.

I didn’t see what happened beforehand (if anything), but it seemed to me Benteke blatantly shoved the opposition player in the back and there was some retaliation.
Then the argy-bargy started and importantly, I thought one of the Spurs players all but head-butted Benteke, which is what led to the big fella shoving him in the face.
Once you do that though, there can only be one decision and the red was correctly given, if the ref hadn’t seen the near head-butt.

What a choker, as not only have we lost this game, but it means we miss Benteke for the next three games.

And then it all went to script really, didn’t it?
Gabby doesn’t even bother tracking his man from a corner and Chadli sneaks around the back for an easy goal.
And then Kane scores from a free kick, albeit with a massive deflection from Baker which left Guzan stranded.

That’s six defeats on the trot; the worst record in seven years, I believe.
It just seems like nothing whatsoever is going right for us and it’s very hard to swallow.

#HELENIUS November 3, 2014 at 1:56 pm .

Frank de Boer’s doing nothing…….Can he be any worse?

Trouble is, Lerner wont pay Lambert off…..We can only hope theres a clause in the contract regarding this situation

#HELENIUS November 3, 2014 at 1:57 pm .

Scratch that, isn’t he Ajax manager??

Andrew November 3, 2014 at 4:08 pm .

He is Ajax’s manager, yes. Unfortunately finding someone willing to leave their club at this stage is unlikely. Might have to go for the best free agent currently until the summer.

BWS November 3, 2014 at 4:29 pm .

One that fancies managing a Championship side? Cause if Lambert’s not gone ASAP that’s where we’re going to be.

Andrew November 3, 2014 at 5:01 pm .

Still don’t think we’ll go down fortunately as there are teams that are sadly just as bad as we are who can still go down. Although I agree after 6 losses, fact he’s still here is a disgrace, any free agent manager would be better than him and could probably keep us up.

DSVilla November 3, 2014 at 4:05 pm .

I think we have reached the stage Helenius where we are willing to accept almost any change. I mentioned Pulis earlier as many have before. It would not be an exciting choice for me but I accept it would be a big improvement. Given his recent experience at Palace it’s quite possible he wouldn’t take the job anyway. I actually think Lerner would be prepared to pay Lambert off to ensure Prem survival, but I don’t think anyone of any merit would take the job with the club up for sale and the likelihood that there would be little cash available for transfers.

Doubtless there are much better candidates out there but I think it would be wishful thinking to expect any of them to turn up at VP.

BWS November 3, 2014 at 4:21 pm .

Collymore reckons we’ve sounded Pulis out and as you say not perfect but then again can beggars be choosers?

Bill Pearson November 3, 2014 at 4:40 pm .

BWS, anyone better than that twat , wouldn’t you say. A pissing monkey can do it in today’s world. I’m still gutted lads.

BWS November 3, 2014 at 6:36 pm .

Agree Bill but saying that I wouldn’t want Laudrup well not in our present position. Perhaps if he had time and money but at the moment both of these are in short supply at VP so that imo leaves a short list of 1… Mr Pulis.
            As for the Lambert Guy Fawkes, does Teflon burn?

GIDDYVILLAN November 3, 2014 at 5:09 pm .

BWS this simply can’t continue this could be our year if things remain the same mate.

Bill Pearson November 3, 2014 at 5:18 pm .

Giddy my grandkids have just finished a Guy Fawkes and made it to be Lambert, he’s going on the bonfire Wednesday , any last words mate.

GIDDYVILLAN November 3, 2014 at 5:26 pm .

Mate it won’t burn he’s to stubborn & if he did it would be a very dull flame.enjoy your evening mucker if all else fails kick the fuck out of it. 😀

BWS November 3, 2014 at 6:37 pm .

If he stays I have a felling it well be Giddy.

BWS November 3, 2014 at 6:38 pm .

Feeling even

OriginalLondonLion November 3, 2014 at 4:17 pm .

I fcan see a role for Miss Lambert at VP. Since her father believes “she can punch harder than Benteke” perhaps she can be given Roy’s seat on the Bench. Then if she whacks Daddy every time his team passes backwards, shoots wide or lets a goal in – he might start getting the message.

Andrew November 3, 2014 at 5:07 pm .

Could just allow Lambert’s daughter to manage the team.

Simon James Mills November 3, 2014 at 5:33 pm .

David moyes for villa he gets us going again

Dave67 November 3, 2014 at 6:21 pm .

Dwight Yorke blames lambert for the Villa slump on talk sport. We all know he is at fault. Am just glad that the media are starting to speak out about lambert

bencey83 November 3, 2014 at 7:19 pm .

I want Lambert out, but thought we deserved something out of the game.

Bill Pearson November 3, 2014 at 7:30 pm .

Bencey83, we did mate, its called heartache . He’s got to go that’s for sure.

Lamberk November 3, 2014 at 9:56 pm .

16th now lads.
    Even Sunderland, who lost 8-0 the other week are above us now.
    Elsewhere, our U-21’s lost 5-0 at Newcastle.
    There was one other thing, what was it now, oh yes, Paul Lambert is STILL in charge.
    There’s always our 7th consecutive defeat on Saturday to look forward to.
    Lambert OUT!!

Bum Bum November 3, 2014 at 10:16 pm .

Test.