Villa 0 – 0 Newcastle; Long tough season ahead.

Well, you can try and gloss that one up as much as you want, but it was frankly poor, in my eyes.
Same as usual, we created absolutely next to nothing and conceded possession against a team that is expected to finish around us.

How often are we going to say that we’ll try something different, with a more attacking approach when we get the right player to add?

The fact is it seems totally beyond us and even if you disagree with me, you have to concede that we should be looking to beat Newcastle at home, to give us any chance of looking half decent in the league after the next 6 weeks or so.

Look at the facts people.
I don’t believe we had a single shot on goal and it’s quite simply disgraceful.
The attendance would normally have been a sellout, but it was around 30,000.
That says plenty; many have quite simply had enough of what I’d like to call average.
But the trouble is, we aren’t even that, in my opinion.

My original intention was to come on here and post what I thought about the actual game and specific players, but I’m sorry, it’s pointless. We’re not even average in a poor Premier League.

Hull up next and I doubt we’ll beat them either.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. Sidforever August 23, 2014 at 5:10 pm . Reply

I know are drug is The Villa. We had the high of last week, which meant a draw today has been viewed as a low.

Common, get a grip, we are four points better than last season. The team will need time to gel, with at least four new players to the club and three bomb squad returnees playing together for a total of 180 minutes!

I don’t expect miracles but I see a positive light . I will be upset if we don’t beat Hull due to their a Euro jet lag. Of that leaves us with 7 points from 3 games before the top 5 onslaught, that is a good start.

1. LANGFORDVILLA August 23, 2014 at 5:26 pm . Reply

Sid…well said mate

2. Bill Pearson August 23, 2014 at 6:06 pm . Reply

I’m with you mate, sid I still think its far better this season than last.

3. Lamberk August 23, 2014 at 6:22 pm . Reply

Sidforever, quick maths lesson for you.
      We are NOT 4 points better off than this time last season, we are 1 point better off.
      Last season we won at Arsenal and lost to Chelsea = 3
      This seaso we won at Stoke and drew today = 4.
      So the difference is 1.

1. Bill Pearson August 23, 2014 at 6:27 pm . Reply

Thanks Robo

1. Lamberk August 23, 2014 at 6:34 pm . Reply

Your welcome!

2. GIDDYVILLAN August 23, 2014 at 6:28 pm . Reply

It’s still an improvement ain’t it ROBBO??????

1. Lamberk August 23, 2014 at 6:37 pm . Reply

Lets see where we are when we’ve played another 10 games.
          No doubt you will be calling for Lambert’s head just like you were towards the end of last season.
          But you wouldn’t have done that because thats negative.
          Fickle…..you better believe it.

3. DSVilla August 23, 2014 at 7:07 pm . Reply

It sort of depends what the comment meant. We lost to Stoke away last year and Newcastle at home. So we have 4 points more from those games. Is that not right?

1. Lamberk August 23, 2014 at 7:53 pm . Reply

1. James Minty Turvey August 24, 2014 at 12:15 am .

Yes it is. Stop arguing like a petulant child because some proved you wrong.

2. GIDDYVILLAN August 23, 2014 at 8:00 pm . Reply

It is ds there’s only one fickle idiot on here over to you BERK.

1. Lamberk August 23, 2014 at 8:04 pm .

I thought I was ROBO?

2. GIDDYVILLAN August 23, 2014 at 8:07 pm .

Nah I prefer BERK it’s sounds more apt. πŸ˜€

4. matty August 23, 2014 at 7:25 pm . Reply

Cant argue with that

2. LANGFORDVILLA August 23, 2014 at 5:11 pm . Reply

Right…its completely unnecessary to be so negative after just 2 games, 2 unbeaten games that is! We wanted the defence tightened ….. Job done……we wanted decent strikers….we will have when Benteke and Kozak are back. We need to concentrate SOLELY on creativity now. Cole/Grealish in the no10 position will sort the midfield with Sanchez and Delph holding IMO.
    Get things in perspective lads. After we beat Orient and Hull next week we will have 3 wins from 4, thats impressive even in the eyes of the most negative! Any of the sky 4 would be more than happy with those opening 4 games of the season!
    Top 10 finish

1. Lamberk August 23, 2014 at 5:37 pm . Reply

Its totally unnecessary to be so positive after just 2 games, 2 unbeaten games that is.

1. Bill Pearson August 23, 2014 at 6:29 pm . Reply

Thanks Robo

1. Lamberk August 23, 2014 at 6:39 pm . Reply

Your welcome!

2. GIDDYVILLAN August 23, 2014 at 6:38 pm . Reply

BERK it’s better than losing the first 2??????Sox I forgot ROBBO

1. Lamberk August 23, 2014 at 7:30 pm . Reply

Oh giddy, what a shining wit you are….sorry a whining shit!

1. GIDDYVILLAN August 23, 2014 at 7:33 pm .

Tut tut hit a nerve did I LMAO πŸ˜€

2. Lamberk August 23, 2014 at 7:41 pm .

LMAO, is that one of Lambert’s signings from last summer?

3. Benno August 23, 2014 at 5:12 pm . Reply

Excellent defnsively. Hutton and Cissokho again were fantastic. Delph and Westwood solid in midfield, but we are so desperate for a playmaker to sit in behind the front man. Gabby was poor today, but he was also totally isolated. Weimann is terrible when played out wide, better having Grealish or Bacuna out there. I expect to see a couple of changes for the Hull game, but knowing Lambert it will be the same team.

Not sure who was MOTM for Villa, but it should have been Hutton!

1. GIDDYVILLAN August 23, 2014 at 5:18 pm . Reply

Benno I’m sure I heard his name mentioned over the tanoy system near the end of the game,I was listening to the game on the radio mate

1. GIDDYVILLAN August 23, 2014 at 5:22 pm . Reply

Name meaning Hutton motm

4. GIDDYVILLAN August 23, 2014 at 5:44 pm . Reply

I hope Lambert gives full runouts to grealish,Cole & Sanchez Tuesday as for okore fuck knows what’s going on there.

1. Bill Pearson August 23, 2014 at 8:17 pm . Reply

Hey Giddy was I right. Langford your mates back under cover, welcome Lamberk sust u out weeks ago. πŸ™‚

5. Benno August 23, 2014 at 8:47 pm . Reply

Yeah, I hope Okore gets 90 mins in midweek too. However, i think the reason he has not started the season is because Sendeross has played so well. Credit where its due, Sendeross and Vlaar have kept two clean sheets in a row. Okore’s time will come, but hopefully not because Vlaar jumps ship!!

Lambert has a week to bring in a proper number 10. Hopefully he figures it out this time otherwise we could be seeing a few more games like today!

6. Sidforever August 23, 2014 at 9:25 pm . Reply

Lamberk
    I should have made my point more clearly. We are 4 points better off against same teams played last year. Last year lost away to Stoke and same at home to Newcastle. Someone on this or another site did a comparison of the results we need to stay up this year. Based on these two matches we are better off, especially as we have taken points from teams who are likely to be in the 8-12th positions.

The real progress will be measured against the top 5. The 6 points taken against Chelsea and Man City at home last year, now that will be hard to match. These points will contribute towards not matching last year’s results.