Preston NE – Villa; I’m almost too scared to predict

I’ve cooled down somewhat after the Barnsley game, but I certainly haven’t got over it and unless things change quickly I think I’ve lost all faith in the manager.
I noted that RDM stated in the presser that he believes Aston Villa will finish in the top six this season. I agree with him, as I think the team is good enough. But I’m not convinced he’ll be the man to take us there.

I’m open to changing my opinion about the manager but the simple fact is that he has to start getting results and he needs to start today.

Preston are one of the few teams who are actually below us in the league at the moment, although they have the same amount of points and if we have any aspirations of a decent finish, we have to beat teams at this level.
That’s not arrogance either, when you consider two of their players couldn’t really get into our squad. I wonder what the odds are for Callum Robinson or Daniel Johnson to score today?

Apart from those two lads, I can’t say I know much about the opposition, so I have to go with my gut feeling, which tells me we’ll draw 1-1.
Why? Because I don’t believe we’ll score more than one and I’ll be surprised if we don’t concede.
But surely we won’t draw again?
Hence I see a tight game, with a goal either way being enough.

In squad news Preston will have to assess strikers Jermaine Beckford and Paul Gallagher.

Villa are in pretty good shape and Ross McCormack, who I’d expect to possibly come straight back in to add a bit of inventiveness, is fit again.
Leandro Bacuna is suspended after picking up his 5th booking.

As far as I’m concerned, RDM has to get a win today. I don’t care if we’re lucky or unlucky, play brilliant or rubbish.
It’s three points we need and nothing else matters.
Otherwise, even if RDM isn’t going to be sacked just yet, he’ll be on borrowed time.

So a 1-0 either way then and I’m not convinced it’ll be us who get the points.

giddyvillan October 1, 2016 at 5:15 pm .

I better wake up tomorrow morning & we’re without a manager.

marvin October 1, 2016 at 5:16 pm .

Well there you go. Absolutely clueless tactician – I’m not sure if he is trying to do to much or to little but it’s not working. After losing the support of the away fans today there is no coming back for RDM. Either the club prolongs the inevitable or makes a clean break and tries to salvage the season, only the good doctor knows.

Tom October 1, 2016 at 5:19 pm .

Truly pathetic! Chasing the game from first couple of bloody minutes.
    Plenty of options out there right now and sherwood would be high on my list.
    Still time to turn this round but the changes seriously has to be made soon.
    RdM in my opinion has had a fair run of games. Any decent manager could have pulled the positive from these draws and started winning games. Simply not good enough and my patience has run out. AGAIN!!!

pat57 October 1, 2016 at 6:20 pm .

Just looked now and no new posts in the last hour.

Obviously everyone’s gone to the pub.Me too in a minute!

marvin October 5, 2016 at 7:02 pm .

McLeish on Clarke’s chances of being a permanent Villa manager:

“Why not?

“He’s got good experience. I think the guys with experience, notwithstanding me sitting here, experience is forever.

“You have to consider guys like Steve Clarke, but there are some big names in there beside him.”

marvin October 5, 2016 at 7:04 pm .

oops – wrong thread.