POLL; Should Lambert stay or should he go?

I stated my case about why I believe Lambert has to go in my previous post, but I see some people are still asking for a poll, even though it seems the consensus is that he should indeed go.
It’s been backed up by polls on various other Villa sites, but I’m always happy to oblige if people ask.

I haven’t seen many posts on any site saying that we shouldn’t get rid of Lambert, but perhaps I’m reading things wrong.
Hence from a purely personal point of view, I’d like to see any arguments about why Lambert should stay.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
  1. GIDDYVILLAN November 13, 2014 at 6:04 pm . Reply

I think Keane has got PR’S down to a fine art.

1. Bill Pearson November 13, 2014 at 8:41 pm . Reply

England under 21s are 2 up at 1/2 time, 18 consecutive wins, think Southgate would do me.

1. nath November 13, 2014 at 9:28 pm . Reply

i hate to agree with you bill, but your spot on southgate is ideal. coach type, plays the game the right way, has connections with some young players and would improve ours, only stumbling block is ~ i have heard the england manager job is his after hodgson steps down after the euros but i would throw his name in the hat with u

1. Bill Pearson November 13, 2014 at 9:50 pm . Reply

He’s a definite candidate for the England job is Southgate, I listen to him on panels and knows his coaching job. Shame that, I wonder if he has a soft spot for Villa still.

1. Ugo November 13, 2014 at 9:57 pm .

Would only have a soft spot for us until Middlesbrough came knocking.

2. nath November 13, 2014 at 10:03 pm .

didn’t he leave us cos he claimed middlesbora had more ambition ???? my memory rarely fails me but i av had a few, but in my opinion thats the best name sofar mentioned on this site and i was thinking of villa ex players earlier today but i didn’t think of him

3. BWS November 14, 2014 at 8:18 am .

Southgate? No not for me Bill, woeful at Boro and there’s something about the fella that I can’t put my finger on but I just don’t like, plus in Collymore’s book he more or less says he’s two faced f**ker.
            Now I don’t know the truth of that but to be honest that’s the impression I get.

4. GIDDYVILLAN November 14, 2014 at 8:24 am .

Nahh not for me unfortunately his job at Boro sticks in my mind or should I say a poor one at that.

5. Bill Pearson November 14, 2014 at 9:28 am .

Well just thrown the hat in lads, to be honest, who would come at top level? Up till now we have attracted easy money people, Villa are badly organized in all department. You know lads we ran too long with old school ties,it only cottoned on in the late 90s to bring in university people just like Man utd, had. They had captured the market, in China way ahead of any football club of today. It will have to be a foreign person ready to take the challenge of English football.

6. BWS November 14, 2014 at 9:45 am .

Come at top level? Mate we couldn’t even tempt Martínez from Wigan.
            Badly organised at all levels, how true is that? I mean a club that uses the players from its finest hour delivering shirts! Who come up with that golden nugget? Imo it was just plain embarrassing.

7. GIDDYVILLAN November 14, 2014 at 10:09 am .

No one from our finest hour delivered my shirt it was a fat Bird with a scouse accent well disappointed.

8. BWS November 14, 2014 at 10:20 am .

That was Dennis Mortimer mate.

9. GIDDYVILLAN November 14, 2014 at 10:24 am .

LMAO 😀 he certainly hasn’t aged well.

2. badger123 November 13, 2014 at 11:07 pm . Reply

Southgate?
    Deary me, he was garbage at Boro imo.

3. Brick November 13, 2014 at 11:25 pm . Reply

There’s only one person capable of managing Villa and bringing back the glory day. That person……..Hugo Rodallega.

4. billys boots November 14, 2014 at 10:57 am . Reply

theres not one foriegn manager that can come into a struggeling team and turn it round in half a season, maybe at the start of a season they may achieve some success but i wouldnt go all in on a non established epl manager at this time of the season

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 14, 2014 at 1:50 pm . Reply

Pochetino did with Southampton

1. Brick November 14, 2014 at 6:43 pm . Reply

And he’s continued to succeed at Spurs……NOT!! He got lucky at Southampton. Move on oohah, he’s shite.

1. Andrew November 14, 2014 at 7:42 pm . Reply

Hardly shite, he had goal scorers at Southampton, when Chadli makes up 6 of 14 goals, you’re in trouble. They have the same problem as us, our strikers don’t score, neither do theirs. Soldado’s just not suitable for the Prem and Ade’s hit and miss. He gets a striker in January and gets rid of Soldado, they’d be in far better form then they are. Unfortunately 1 striker wouldn’t save us, unless we had someone like Ponchettino. Who would be a great managerial appointment still.

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 14, 2014 at 10:54 pm . Reply

He wasn’t lucky Spurs are badly run by levy these days

1. Brick November 15, 2014 at 10:12 am .

So you defend Pocchetino by blaming the chairman/owner yet you can’t do the same for the club you claim to support. Double standards oohah, double standards.

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 15, 2014 at 12:58 pm .

Yes I do the difference being lamberk has had an average of 25m to spend and had 3 seasons and the team is no better if not worse than under mcleish. Pochetino has only had a few months big difference

3. nath November 15, 2014 at 11:27 am .

saints were a decent team before pocchetino joined he only added 2 wot was already a well run club and team, its not like the same thing a manager will do at villa, we need major changes gutting and rebuilding.

pocchetino is struggling at spuds cos the players aren’t able 2 play his high tempo pressing game so why doesn’t he adapt or is he unable too, i wouldn’t say the spuds players are shit they cost loads of money

4. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 15, 2014 at 12:57 pm .

Exactly they are not his type of players at Spurs so if he is given a year to get his players in he could well

5. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 15, 2014 at 1:00 pm .

Also pochetino did take them up a level. Look at koeman all his best players sold and secind in the league ffs ok they won’t stay there but they are doing something right that’s for sure

6. Andrew November 15, 2014 at 1:16 pm .

Lloris has come and out backed Ponchettino, claiming the coach is not necessarily the problem, and that they feel far too comfortable in London, there’s no crisis management, and he feels bad for Ponchettino for it. Seems he’s blaming Levy as well.

Oh and Southampton’s best players weren’t sold, but they also replaced them with better.

7. Brick November 15, 2014 at 2:53 pm .

So oohah, now you’re saying lambert has had, on average, 25 million a season to spend. How have you got to this figure?

8. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 16, 2014 at 1:02 am .

Simple I added it all up

5. GIDDYVILLAN November 14, 2014 at 1:59 pm . Reply

Do we need a quick fix or someone with a long term plan???,I know which I’d choose at this very minute.

1. Saddened November 14, 2014 at 2:09 pm . Reply

Yes Lerners Long term plan, seems to be planless…. We need a quick fix before we are in the bottom 3, as I really don’t see us having the stomach for yet another relegation battle.

6. GIDDYVILLAN November 14, 2014 at 2:35 pm . Reply

Agreed saddened we need someone who can do their magic,the only one available is pulis who I feel fits the bill.only problem being our financial restraints could be the stumbling block.

1. Lamberk November 14, 2014 at 2:53 pm . Reply

Everywhere Pulis has worked there has been financial constraints, so I think he would jump at the chance.
      He has never managed a club as big as Villa.

1. GIDDYVILLAN November 14, 2014 at 3:00 pm . Reply

Trouble is he tells the media that fucks the chairman off p45 adios.

7. GIDDYVILLAN November 14, 2014 at 3:01 pm . Reply

Ps Lerner wants yes men pulis don’t fit that criteria unfortunately.

1. Lamberk November 14, 2014 at 3:14 pm . Reply

No, as much as most of us want rid of Lambert, I’m afraid we are stuck with him.

8. GIDDYVILLAN November 14, 2014 at 3:28 pm . Reply

I wonder what it would take for him to get the bullet?????when it’s too late????

1. Lamberk November 14, 2014 at 3:50 pm . Reply

Good question. We have had two-and-a-half diabolical years with this fool. During this time we have had shocking runs, poor results, cup exits to lower league teams and god know’s how many records broken.
      I feel the turning point could be when the home crowd finally turn on and I don’t mean just booing the team off.
      The away fans turned on him at Palace last season but that was it.
      I really feel us fans have a big part to play.
      At the moment, everything is so passive at Villa Park. People just sit there and do nothing.
      Maybe our next game/defeat to Southampton could be that time?
      Whatever happens, as a club we can’t carry on as we have been for these last 4/5 years.

9. GIDDYVILLAN November 14, 2014 at 4:00 pm . Reply

Fully agree.this cannot continue.

10. steve November 14, 2014 at 4:06 pm . Reply

I never thought i would say this about the Villa. The club i have supported for over 40 years.
    I am just bored of it all.