POLL; Should Lambert stay or should he go?

I stated my case about why I believe Lambert has to go in my previous post, but I see some people are still asking for a poll, even though it seems the consensus is that he should indeed go.
It’s been backed up by polls on various other Villa sites, but I’m always happy to oblige if people ask.

I haven’t seen many posts on any site saying that we shouldn’t get rid of Lambert, but perhaps I’m reading things wrong.
Hence from a purely personal point of view, I’d like to see any arguments about why Lambert should stay.

1. GIDDYVILLAN November 12, 2014 at 7:18 pm . Reply

Badger what the FUCK is it with the palm trees mate are you on your hols????as for Lambert I wish he was on some fucking desert island.

1. badger123 November 12, 2014 at 10:11 pm . Reply

I wish I was on my hols mate.
      I haven’t had a day off in 2 months and don’t see one coming before xmas.

And no offence, but you can stick the Xmas theme up your proverbial.

I much prefer sun on my bones πŸ™‚

2. GIDDYVILLAN November 12, 2014 at 7:23 pm . Reply

Pulis asap any takers??????

1. GIDDYVILLAN November 12, 2014 at 7:25 pm . Reply

Ps BADGER a festive theme would of been more apt.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 12, 2014 at 7:31 pm . Reply

Pretty conclusive vote so far though who are the 10% of jokers who think he should say. Must be bluenoses no other way to explain it!!

1. GIDDYVILLAN November 12, 2014 at 7:36 pm . Reply

Go for the jugular OOHA.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 12, 2014 at 9:24 pm .

Lol oh ok then

3. nath November 12, 2014 at 7:57 pm . Reply

i think a better debate and vote, would be if badger or oohahaha make a short~list of prospects managers that realistically would be enticed by the job. maybe take names from posters and between you draw up a short list for us punters, 2 vote the right man in, maybe then email lerner to suggest our polls results. maybe he will listen lmao i doubt. but it would be nice 2 debate who WE really want

this lambert debate is or should be a landslide, i would put mclaron name forward, pulis is not a manager i rate, i know hes a magician, but i doubt he will wave his wand at vp and if he did how long will it take us 2 want better standard football, oh wot about glen hoddle, i think we need a coach type man, that can upgrade the team and create a better quality youth coming through our set up

p.s i av’nt voted so iam not one of them 10% lamberts in his 3rd year and excuses are not allowed or valid, results and performances talk volumes

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 12, 2014 at 9:23 pm . Reply

Ok I’m game of badger is gives us some names and we will do a poll

4. Bill Pearson November 12, 2014 at 7:59 pm . Reply

Think its a forgone conclusion, fans are worried, who for the job? Not a clue. you have to ask Lerner, he’d have to break the bank, and he wouldn’t.

1. steve November 12, 2014 at 8:10 pm . Reply

Lambert and Lerner or laurel & hardy as I call them have had enough time they have shown they both know nothing about football so both should go for the good of villa

2. mike November 12, 2014 at 9:03 pm . Reply

Beneteke will probably save Lambert’s skin.

1. Lamberk November 12, 2014 at 9:08 pm . Reply

Sender-dros injured yesterday and Vlaar gone off injured after 24mins playing for the Netherlands tonight.
        That could mean Clarke and Baker as our centre-backs for the games against Burnley, Palace and Leicester!!

1. VTID November 12, 2014 at 9:21 pm . Reply

Oh nooooooooooo

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 12, 2014 at 9:21 pm . Reply

Lol just when u think it can’t get any worse though to be fair we still concede goals and get beat with Vlaar and Sendross anyway so won’t be much difference

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 12, 2014 at 9:21 pm . Reply

Doubt it this time

3. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 12, 2014 at 9:22 pm . Reply

For me it’s got to be a foreign manager im sick of Scottish and Irish managers they are boring and shite. And no I’m not being racist

5. billys boots November 12, 2014 at 9:22 pm . Reply

baker is doubtful we could have a return of herd!

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 12, 2014 at 9:25 pm . Reply

How about resigning Heskey and playing him at centre half with Lord mcgrath

2. OriginalLondonLion November 12, 2014 at 11:23 pm . Reply

Saturday’s headline today.
      Villa player injured outside the Stadium. Just before the ambulance doors closed he could be heard saying “I walked straight into this lamp-post, I’m sure it wasn’t there last week.”

6. billys boots November 12, 2014 at 10:07 pm . Reply

i voted for lambert to stay as much as i despise the man and want him as far away from my club as possible the fact is there are to many of lamberts players there to perform for another manager he has got us into this shit unless we can spend Β£100 mil in the tranfer window we have to depend on the idiot to get us out of it

1. Andrew November 12, 2014 at 10:30 pm . Reply

Not really, Multiple manager’s can get more out of this group than Lambert, even if they are mostly his players.

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 12, 2014 at 10:43 pm . Reply

Weimann, delph, Guzan, Gabby, baker, Hutton, zogbia, Clarke, Grealish,Gardner, bent arnt his players and would all benefit without that useless fuckwit and his bearded spare part

1. Andrew November 12, 2014 at 10:49 pm . Reply

As would most of his own players he’s brought in. I’d say Weimann and Benteke would both be best off without him though, as most likely any new manager would be smart enough to bring in at least 1 out and out winger and they’d flourish with one.

7. badger123 November 12, 2014 at 10:24 pm . Reply

First off, the choice of manager will never be ours again, under Lerner, imo.
    The total disdain of the fans he showed in appointing Big Feck and giving Lambert a new 4 year contract on the back of absolutely nothing, tells me that.

Fwiw, I seriously wonder if Ellis had a hand in those appointments, just to make himself look better (I really wouldn’t put it past him).

As for who would realistically come in, I suspect we’ll see a dearth of possibles here.

Who would take the Villa job now?, is the simple question.

Pretty much unproven/unknowns and that’s it.
    That’s why Lambert is still in a job, imo.

We look like a club that’s going down, sooner or later.
    Same as we all viewed Wigan a couple of seasons back.

1. Andrew November 12, 2014 at 10:52 pm . Reply

Depends on what are claimed unproven or unknown. Are we talking about unknown to Premier League fans (most continental manager’s outside your Bayern, Dortmund, Juventus, Napoli, Barcelona and Madrid manager’s or actually unknown? Be quite happy with an unknown continental/South American manager. Or a known one that most Premier League fans don’t, like Ventura, who’s an incredible manager.

1. badger123 November 13, 2014 at 12:00 am . Reply

Andrew, I was thinking championship or third tier managers, which is about our limits, given Lerner’s knowledge of the game.

Not that I would want to play this game of appointing managers, at all.

I just firmly believe that Lambert is the pragmatic choice; one that shows no ambition whatsoever.

1. Andrew November 13, 2014 at 2:25 am . Reply

Lambert is the definition of no ambition although he was considered an ambitious move as we could’ve had what most thought (most, not all, ala me) could be a quality young manager for years to come, you’re correct, although I think you’re being a little harsh with the whole third tier manager’s, which I am guessing is a joke, but maybe not.

Villa being a top flight team pretty much means we’re a great target for manager’s, not the top manager’s, but possibly a young, quality up and coming one, or an older one that would like to ply his trade in England before he retires.

8. Andrew November 12, 2014 at 11:22 pm . Reply

Reading on facebook that’s it possible (of course it’s just a rumour) about a physical altercation between Keane and a fan

1. badger123 November 13, 2014 at 12:08 am . Reply

Andrew, would it really surprise you if this was true?

This is why I never wanted Keane associated with the Villa.
        The bloke is a thug, simple.
        It simply isn’t the Villa way.

But of course, it’s all hearsay.
        And probably total rubbish (a decent bung works miracles).

1. Andrew November 13, 2014 at 2:38 am . Reply

FAI’s standing behind Keane, so it does seem like there was an incident, it seems a matter of who started it.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 13, 2014 at 5:44 pm .

Pretty obvious who started it with Keanes thug record imo of course

2. BWS November 13, 2014 at 9:07 am . Reply

There really is something wrong with that bloke, he either has some major issues or he’s simply a psychopath. Whichever the cogs don’t seem to be turning right in the fellas head.

1. saddened November 13, 2014 at 9:29 am . Reply

BWS do you mean him wanting to join the Villa under Lambert or something else ?? lol

1. BWS November 13, 2014 at 9:37 am .

Lol, not quite what I meant but I see where you’re coming from/

2. BWS November 13, 2014 at 9:40 am .

Do you think maybe Lambert got it all wrong when he heard that Keane would help him beat people?

3. GIDDYVILLAN November 13, 2014 at 12:24 pm .

Lol NICE one πŸ˜€

4. Bill Pearson November 13, 2014 at 1:52 pm .

Hey BWS only found out what he’s done an hour ago, shit what’s up with the fool, the guy was asking for him to sign his book? and he hit him (supposedly) its on TV news tonight, interesting, hope he gets the book thrown at him, πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

5. GIDDYVILLAN November 13, 2014 at 2:04 pm .

Lambo maybe looking for yet another assistant in not too distant future,I don’t think old Randy will like the unwanted media attention.

6. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 13, 2014 at 5:41 pm .

Keane is a complete waste of space for us and hasn’t helped the team at all. More interested in his stid book and being a z list celeb in the jungle.

9. Tekkers48 November 12, 2014 at 11:49 pm . Reply

Slaven Bilić

1. Andrew November 12, 2014 at 11:56 pm . Reply

Great name, one I haven’t heard in a while. Would take some doing to get him away from Besiktas though.

1. Tekkers48 November 13, 2014 at 12:06 am . Reply

It would Andrew. It’s called showing ambition. I wish villa would start spending some serious money hiring the right man rather than wasting a shit load of it getting rid of them. If we are to have belief in this Fox guy this is the type of manager we should be going after. I’ve lost all faith in Lambert & Lerner. I still believe in most of the players we have under the right manager. If we go on to win ten games in a row I still want Lambert out. All i asked for after McC was consistency and what did I get . Consistently Shit !

1. Andrew November 13, 2014 at 2:37 am . Reply

I’m right with you, if we won our next ten games and were already safe, I’d want him gone too.
          I also believe our players could do so much better under the right man. Most look scared going forward as they’d probably get yelled at, which is why it’s all about giving Benteke the ball and sitting back in case he lost it.

Bilic would be a great manager to bring in though, I still personally want Sagnol myself, think he’d be the perfect to get us back on track. Maybe a bit younger and go Cocu who’s doing really well at PSV. Rui Vitoria’s another good one although he’ll probably be at Porto or Benfica soon, Emery is another quality manager that would show ambition to get, Paulo Sousa would be someone I’d love to see, he’s grown a bit since his small stint at Leicester, and he would hopefully bring Gashi with him, incredible player.

1. mike November 13, 2014 at 7:38 am .

That’s ridiculous if we won the next ten games . Our attitudes would all change. We will be lucky to win ten games from now to the end of the season to be honest.

2. Lionheart November 13, 2014 at 1:46 pm .

Andrew.. some good names mentioned.. my only worry is a young manager from abroad might find it hard coming in mid season in the mess we are in..

If RL had any nous about him.. he would get Pulis.. steady the ship.. tell him to feck off in May and then go for a good young manager from abroad..

3. Andrew November 13, 2014 at 4:04 pm .

Oh no, I can assure you my mind won’t change, hasn’t since we got him that we should never have.

Pulis is the obvious choice for Lerner, and seemingly for a lot of fans, or some other Premier League experienced manager who will then in a year or so be wanted out by fans for another mediocre Premier League experienced manager.

Continental, South American, anyone with different views and a different style. We’ve continued this Premier League experienced manager bs for long enough and it’s failed each time.