Palace 0 -1 Villa; Highway robbery, but we won!

I’m sorry, but if you think I have anything good to say apart from the result, you’re going to be highly disappointed.

I seriously don’t remember such a “backs to the wall” performance in all the time I’ve supported the Villa. Which is a fair old time.

I suppose I can commend the defence for holding on, because that’s all they did tonight, against the onslaught that the mighty Crystal Palace put us under.

And that says it all; comment over.

That said, I suppose (as someone who tries to be neutral), I should look for positives.
And there were a couple.

Benteke did the bizz yet again.
I’ll re-emphasise what I keep saying.
He’s world class and would easily get 30 a season at the likes of Real or Barce.
But we all know that.

Second is that Sanchez looks the bizz too.
No doubt that’s more debatable, but I felt he was the only one looking for options.
He was pulling the strings, regardless of if he gives the ball away too much and he reminds me of when Angel first came, in that he sees things way before the rubbish that surrounds him.

Going back to my original point, we were quite simply shocking on the whole and how we stole that, I’ll never know.
I’m thoroughly disgusted, even though we got the win and have nothing but disdain for Lambert.

Yeah, yeah, you might say he’s had it tough in his role as our manager, but this is 100% his side.

And it’s utter rubbish, I’m afraid.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. Hitchens 60 December 3, 2014 at 2:20 am . Reply

OK guys I didn’t see the game (still slumming it in the Caribbean!) but I accept your views that we where (what’s the expression? – oh that’s it sh**e!)

Now, according to the BBC we had 54% possession but we were overrun, backs to the wall – basically crap so please don’t use ‘low possession’ as an argument for performance in the future. Let ‘s have some consistency.

For me I’m happy we won so I’m back to the bar to make the most of my last few days before having to fly back to Blighty.

1. Bum Bum December 3, 2014 at 7:12 am . Reply

Well the weather is awful here so make the most of it! More miserable than being a Villa fan.

2. saddened December 3, 2014 at 8:17 am . Reply

Awful game, awful tactics – saved by the mighty beast, I never wish Villa to lose but do have that feelling in the pit of my stomach that the result will save Lambert for another few months…… We have an ok premiership squad, just a god awful manager with sunday league tactics !

3. Jay Dee December 3, 2014 at 8:35 am . Reply

Sanchez is a really good player and patrols his area really well.But not just that his tackles are clean and strong but he can pass too really good signing.I thought we defended well against a team that attack with wingers.Palace go at it like that every week Bollassie is a really good player for them.Teams grind out results like this week in week out and that’s just how it is.Good 3 points well defended.Look at it this way if we beat Leicester we will be about 9th utv…Fantastic Benteke he is world class…

1. Lamberk December 3, 2014 at 10:03 am . Reply

Benteke world class?
      Pele, Maradona, Charlton and Di Stefano were world class so don’t label him as that.
      You sound as stupid as Lambert.

1. Jay Dee December 3, 2014 at 11:00 am . Reply

I didn’t ask for your opinion as it’s just your opinion which means nothing to me as your just one of many opinions get a life

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath December 3, 2014 at 2:01 pm . Reply

Benteke will be a great club player though not for us im afraid and to be fair we can’t blame him

2. Mr_cheese December 3, 2014 at 10:17 am . Reply

I wouldn’t say world class, but he has natural ability and belongs in a top team

3. nath December 3, 2014 at 10:31 am . Reply

this is a very very good assessment jay dee 🙂 palace were poor on the nite. but you could also say villa defended well, palace are hard to team play especially away, they get you pinned in your last third, by long balls from back to front or getting bolaise and zaha 2 get behind your defenses, but villa coped with all the pressures, helped by the final ball which was very poor,

sanchez is a top player, coming to terms with the premiership, i thought he played his best game sofar and laid a neat pass to the beast he turned and shot but saved. for all their huff and puff palace created lots of dangerous positions, without really testing guzan. but villa had the better of the dangerous attempts on GOAL, i recalled the benteke one and weimann one, where he shot from edge of box goalie saved with his feet

4. Jay Dee December 3, 2014 at 11:04 am . Reply

Benteke looks as if he is about to hit form since he’s been back from a career threatening injury and suspension.A mark of just how good he is.Hes a dangerous player hungry again.Dangerous utv

5. Jay Dee December 3, 2014 at 11:06 am . Reply

Win against Leicester we will be 9th I reckon….Need to put together a run of convincing performances strange how tight this league is….utv

1. Lamberk December 3, 2014 at 2:56 pm . Reply

You’d got us relegated last week.
      Fickle? You better believe it.

2. Bencey83 December 4, 2014 at 7:09 pm . Reply

Highest we can climb with 3 points is 11th!