Newcastle 1 – 0 Villa; This is exactly why we’re going down

I got to watch the game in the same bar as last week, but even the owner recognised that the Man Utd fans that turned up were only interested in the score and not the actual game, hence he put the Villa soundtrack on.

Bonus.

There was another good showing from some Villa old timers again, so things were well set up. Villa fans probably made up about a quarter of the crowd; go figure.

On to the game then and we actually looked the better side by a fair distance in the first half, but, as I suggested in the preview, it was all about the first goal and Newcastle got it.

I don’t know if I’ve hinted at it before on here, off the top of my head, but it’s struck me that if you can put a telling ball into the box against us, we’re probably going to concede.

Our defence is just shocking when it matters and Cisse just wasn’t marked at all.

That’s not to say that Newcastle are any different though and they look equally as poor a team as we are, in my opinion.

The difference is though, that once we conceded, I just couldn’t see us coming back.

Which is why, although things were better today, I think we’re really going down this time.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. Tekkers48 February 28, 2015 at 10:09 pm . Reply

I bought a villa top after the Liverpool game and look what has happened. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I am certain it is cursed so I am contemplating burning it on Monday. We’ve tried everything else !

2. Jay Dee February 28, 2015 at 11:03 pm . Reply

It’s sad times but we have been ruined by a gutless owner who hasn’t funded AVFC properly with big money as we are a big club.Lerner should never of bought AVFC if he couldn’t last the distance with big money.Now we are ruined by a yellow belly who will jump out as soon as he can with not a care in the world for AVFC.Im sorry but he is to blame,he appointed the managers,he stopped spending,he’s a gutless ponce with a money belt.While we still have a voice slag the prick off as loud as we can at matches so at least he gets the message.And if we do go down it will hurt him financially to.God bless Aston Villa utv sos

3. pat57 February 28, 2015 at 11:50 pm . Reply

Not nice reading Villa fans slagging each other off.

Just get real everyone – we’re absolutely gone. We now have a manager that might IMHO be the future of the club but we have a side so demoralised that they couldn’t fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

Not TS fault but definitely Paul Lambert’s, Randy Lerner’s and Tom Fox’s fault. Okay so we’re in the Championship next season. One of the best season’s I ever remember with the Villa was when we were in the old 3rd Division. There is life after relegation.

I hope that TS sticks with us and builds his own team from the ground upwards. Might be the best thing in the long term anyway.

UTV

4. Benno March 1, 2015 at 12:01 am . Reply

Our midfield is hopeless. To think that they dont have a goal between them this season, and I think I could count their assists on one hand. Delph and Cleverly England internationals?? What a joke.

I cant understand Gil being left out, although I guess it was just a defensive tactic from Sherwood…but he could have brought him on at least. Bringing on Nzogbia?! FFS.

I was hoping that I would start enjoying games more once SHerwood took over, that hasnt been the case so far…

5. Jimbo March 1, 2015 at 8:22 am . Reply

What a surprise, negativity everywhere. Let’s face facts, lambert has cemented a negative style which will take a few games to change, it’s just whether the change has come too late. I can see what sherwood is doing, more players forward, more crosses coming it. Yesterday we dominated the first half in everyway and on another day we could havd bagged a couple. The problem is confidence is so low there is no conviction in the shooting. We can survive, need to start getting the rub of green though which we are not. Sherwood is starting with fresh slate and setting up each game to give those players who are training well. Thought today we did well and we are sh#t out of luck, it’s just whether the past 4/5 years is gunna bite us on the arse.

6. Hitchens 60 March 1, 2015 at 8:46 am . Reply

So after two games in charge Sherwood is no better than Lambert according to some on here. What did u expect bl***y miracles. There is NO manager out there that could turn us round in two games. We should have got rid Lambert earlier but TS is faced with a monumental task and an average squad to do it with. Losing like winning becomes a habit.

That’s the sensible bit over – miracles to follow. We will not be relegated UTV

Now I’m off to nurse my hangover! 🙂

1. Jimbo March 1, 2015 at 9:30 am . Reply

Spot on, Jose would struggle, the players are low, need us to get behind them all the way, not the usual one bad pass and shouting “what the f##k was that”, try “keep your head up son”. Think the home games Gil and May be grealish will play but when we are away you have to hold back a little, if the goals start flying in against we are really screwed, confidence will evaporate quickly

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath March 1, 2015 at 11:13 am . Reply

Disagree Pullis or Curbishley would.

7. saddened March 1, 2015 at 9:07 am . Reply

We played the best I have seen the Villa play for a long time, until Newcastle scored…. Its a massive confidence issue….. We will eventually find a bit of confidence and a bit of luck, win a game and then gain more and more confidence….. We will not be relegated !

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath March 1, 2015 at 11:32 am . Reply

New post gone up

8. VillaAwayInDiv3 March 1, 2015 at 11:24 am . Reply

I always knew it was this blokes fault……..cheated on the day and now look whats happened………..http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-thanks-nothing-phil-8744166

9. steve March 1, 2015 at 11:29 am . Reply

In my opinion and I am sure there a lot on here would agree we would definitely have been relegated with out so much of whimper if Lambert had stayed.
    Something else had to be done and TS has come in albeit to late.
    His main problem is a number of players have been picked for far too long without earning there right to be in the team. They have been to comfortable and content to pick up there salaries. We now need a team of fighters. Some of our better young players have either been sold or sent out on loan. TS came in after the transfer window so somehow he has got to go with this bunch most of which don’t care and haven’t got the stomach for what is needs.
    gabby should hang his head in shame.
    The sad thing is even if we do scrape out of this villa may never compete at the upper end again so maybe going down will give us something different to watch and TS could maybe build and motivate a team that we can be proud of again.