Page 1 of 1
    Bill Pearson August 19, 2015 at 7:55 am .

Morning all, I’m not into this fitness excuse don’t they have a standard of high fitness anyway? Fans are waiting to see new players play, I understand knowing how your want them to play, but fitness I don’t understand. Man utd play their man and the manager wants to kiss him. Get them on the pitch I say.

Hitchens 60 August 19, 2015 at 8:06 am .

Morning Bill; always seems to be far more injuries these days than I can remember. How many players did we use in 1981?

Bum Bum August 19, 2015 at 10:45 am .

14.

OohAhPaulMcGrath August 19, 2015 at 2:58 pm .

How can a professional footballer not be fit ffs unless injured!

GIDDYVILLAN August 19, 2015 at 8:20 am .

I’d like to see all 3 start Saturday possibly won’t happen,gabbys become a waste of a position so needs changing there. These up & coming fixtures will be a good gauge to see how our season pans out,palace imo will certainly be a tester & we must play a strong team that doesn’t inc gabby.

Bill Pearson August 19, 2015 at 9:12 am .

Morning both, off out soon, Hitch good question that, answer a guess 26 ? In fact a player wanted to play every game, so would I Giddy play the lot I say, don’t happen today with player having twinges in legs, probably get the money for sitting it out.

GIDDYVILLAN August 19, 2015 at 9:18 am .

Morning Bill & hitch shouldn’t you be both down at your allotments LADS that bindweeds a right bugger.

Hitchens 60 August 19, 2015 at 9:37 am .

Reckon it was a lot less Bill – championship year, I think we used something like 15 players.

Right about the bindweed Giddy but I’m off golfing for a couple of days.

GIDDYVILLAN August 19, 2015 at 9:57 am .

Golf????? Zzzzžzzzzzzzz. The 19th hole & that’s it for me.have a NICE couple of days MATE rather you than me.

BWS August 19, 2015 at 9:17 am .

Morning fellow Villans.
    With you Giddy- Gabby out – Gestede in – get some crosses to him from the wings.
    He might of scored 20 headers or something but if you don’t give him the right service he ain’t going to do much damage.
    Palace are good outfit, it’s going to a tough game Saturday.

Hitchens 60 August 19, 2015 at 9:39 am .

Would like to see Sanchez start as holding midfielder to help protect back 4.

pat57 August 19, 2015 at 9:57 am .

Me too H60.

I’d see Sanchez as the vital link in getting the ball quickly out of defense and into mid field.

Would love to see SInclair, Jack, Gestede, Gil and Traore in the same team with Ayew as sub. Pace and creativity.

UTV

GIDDYVILLAN August 19, 2015 at 9:20 am .

Morning MATE I agree Gestede is certainly a threat at corners,we must take our chances Saturday or else.

Hitchens 60 August 19, 2015 at 9:38 am .

Grealish in for either Gabby or Sinclair on Saturday – odds on it being Sinclair?

saddened August 19, 2015 at 10:06 am .

Lets hope Flabby is left at home !

GIDDYVILLAN August 19, 2015 at 10:20 am .

AGREED shabby crossed my mind.

billys boots August 19, 2015 at 11:11 am .

as for players fitness if you look at the muscle that they pack on now compared to ten fifteen years ago without looking muscle bound, they are more like thoroughbred horses now and prone to strains and pulls. on a separate issue am i alone in thinking mon is putting too much pressure on jack telling everyone the decision is imminent, if he chooses England i reckon that there will be a huge backlash from the Irish fans, as far as i know hodgeson hasn’t said a word compared to O’Neil but there again he never had any class.

OohAhPaulMcGrath August 19, 2015 at 3:02 pm .

But medical treatment is better these days so should even out. I’d rather stick pins in my eyes than play under MON though at least with Ireland he will get picked on form and ability rather than reputation and what club u play for.

domingo August 19, 2015 at 5:20 pm .

have to agree with you oohah and less chance he will get his head turned and tapped up while playing for the republic.

OohAhPaulMcGrath August 19, 2015 at 10:16 pm .

Exactly Domingo it’s a double edge sword when our players are called up for England they always get tapped up

Bill Pearson August 19, 2015 at 12:40 pm .

Thanks Bum Bum, 14 hey, I was counting 1st team 2 side , but thinking about it I was going both, but its squad. Giddy I’m knackered digging weeds but have onions like pawn shop balls, leeks like arms, and bolloxs like case balls.

GIDDYVILLAN August 19, 2015 at 1:30 pm .

LOL 😀 & proud of em I bet.

Bill Pearson August 19, 2015 at 4:27 pm .

I see what your saying Billy Boots but if your skillful and have the talent show it to the world, all this mussel can be a problem in life, look at Garry Shaw legs like tree trunks, fat now ,people like Paul McGrath, (booze with him) and Gerry Hitchens, Brian Little ,not big guys but had talent, all could go out on a pitch and kick a ball ten times heavier than today.Pammy yamid if you ask me.put them to work and show us what they have. As for Jack he wants the England shirt so does his dad, its again Hodgson doesn’t know talent only sky four teams.

ORIGINALLONDONLION August 19, 2015 at 11:16 pm .

Palace on Saturday, I’ll be there and no hint of divided loyalty. I always disliked them. Palace were my local league side in div 3 when I was playing Isthmian League amateur football in the next parish. They were always trying to tap up anyone who they thought might want to turn pro. Talk about re-invention. Their colours when Johnny Byrne played were fag-packet white with claret and blue central stripes, none of this mock Barca strip they have now. As for the Eagle, where did that come from? The badge used to be the framework of the Crystal Palace, odd really because it burnt down before Palace had a second stand. No tradition, slow to get to, Suburbia at its worst. Another 3 points please!