FA Cup; Villa vs Blackpool

Just a quick one, to say that we have Blackpool at home in the third round of the greatest national cup in the world.

It has a bit of interest, in that the ex-Blues manager Lee Clark is in charge of the Tangerines, but that doesn’t really mean much does it?

Blackpool are currently struggling, but as we all know, we’ve been ripe for being beaten in the cups by lowly opposition over the last few seasons.

I don’t know why, but I think this season will be somewhat different, as we have a little bit more about us.

I know the FA cup doesn’t mean that much anymore in the world of big money of the champions League and the Prem etc, but I still love it and look forward to it.
It can prove a great payday for some of the minnows and is a real leveler.
A proper cup, as opposed to stupid, made up leagues that are only designed to keep the big clubs at the top.

Good luck Blackpool, but I’m very confident that we’re going to beat you.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. Jay Dee December 10, 2014 at 8:44 pm . Reply

It will probably be Richardson,Sanchez is Gary Gardner fit?

1. Andrew December 11, 2014 at 4:13 am . Reply

He’s on loan at Brighton.

1. BWS December 11, 2014 at 10:32 am . Reply

And from what I’ve been reading ain’t pulling up any trees, shame really.
        On a brighter note Daniel Johnson is doing the business at Oldham, he looks like one to watch.

2. BWS December 11, 2014 at 10:36 am . Reply

3. GIDDYVILLAN December 11, 2014 at 10:47 am . Reply

Fairplay to Johnson nice to see mate, but would he really get the chance to prove himself at PL level under Lambert???

1. BWS December 11, 2014 at 12:21 pm . Reply

He’s just what we could do Giddy a Platty type, arriving late in the box and weighing in with 10 -15 goals a season.

4. GIDDYVILLAN December 11, 2014 at 1:21 pm . Reply

Tell Lambert that the bloke can’t see beyond his nose mate.

5. DSVilla December 11, 2014 at 1:34 pm . Reply

Johnson has always looked good. Good feet and an eye for goal. Gardner I’m not sure. He seems to drift out of games. TBF after all his injury troubles it may take a long time to get over these. Best of luck to both of them and hope they get a chance at VP and do the business.
    Thanks for putting vid up BWS. I had pretty much forgot Johnson was out on loan.

6. OriginalLondonLion December 11, 2014 at 3:19 pm . Reply

Blackpool in the Cup, Baggies up next. I feel a song coming on “Oh I do like to be beside the sea-side………..”

1. Bum Bum December 11, 2014 at 8:27 pm . Reply

I was always under the misapprehension that the Black Country was land locked!!!!

7. GIDDYVILLAN December 12, 2014 at 5:51 pm . Reply

Something off topic the guardians reporting the premier league will be introducing Friday night live games.when the fuck will it end the messing around of a game imo should be played at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon it’s fucking criminal.

8. ifiruledtheworld December 12, 2014 at 10:24 pm . Reply
    1. Andrew December 13, 2014 at 12:37 am . Reply

This is why I’ve wanted a Westwood-Sanchez midfield. Do think Westwood would step him defensive game up a little bit but those two have exactly what you want in a midfield, passing/going forward ability + strong defensive ability. A CM still have to be a priority, as should a winger. N’Zogbia, Herd should be looked at being sold off.