Everton VS Aston Villa Preview

What a week. The start of our turn around fixtures have been clouded with contract talks and an injury!

First and foremost, I believe that Vlaar is going and to be honest, it seems he always had his mind set on that but even more so, I don’t like the idea of a player demanding double their wage or they leave (I’m taking truth in this since it is being rumoured that united will pay 80k a week). On the bright side, if the murmurs prove fact we will pocket a neat £12 million. This will be covered in a later post.

Secondly, Delph is out and the rumoured time frame is anywhere from 1 month to 3 months; there are positives and negatives in this. I believe the injury makes it more likely that he will sign a new contract with us and if that is the case, what is 3 months to 3 years? That is just my opinion though. The other positive is that we get to see other players attempt to step up and make their mark on the squad (stranger things have happened). But overall, this is a complete blow to the team as Delph offered a lot of stability, confidence and urgency on the ball. It is a big loss, but we need to take the positives where available.

Lastly, the silver lining. Grealish signed and is committed to us for the foreseeable future.

NOW TO THE PREVIEW

STANDING TEAM GP W D L GD P
10 Aston Villa 7 3 1 3 -5 10
17 Everton 7 1 3 3 -3 6

Every fan and his dog has their eye on this game being the one that proves if our team has progressed or not, so there is already a lot of pressure going into this and Lambert knows it. This week he has stated that the return of Benteke will enable the attacking prowess of Cleverly. We are also seeing the return of Gabby this week, which will give us that much needed pace and pressure on the ball up front. I actually think we will see Grealish start the game alongside Westwood, Cleverly and N’Zogbia with Weimann on the bench. Between the 4 of these, we should show a lot of control on the ball and a good threat going forward with the like of Benteke and Gabby ready to receive.
Our defence is once again riddled with injuries with both our main CB’s out. This begs the question of who will start with Baker? Clark or Okore? And the more important question is whether Baker will be able to uphold his good form with the absence of the elders guiding him?

Of course this game isn’t going to be an easy 90 minutes as Everton are in need of a turn around season themselves and we have a track record of being the providing team for such feats. Martinez will be relishing the potential appearance of Ross Barkley today. This is countered by the news that Stones is out for 3 months leaving them weaker at the back.
Everton are also struggling up front with Lukaku suffering with fitness this season, but this isn’t going to stop Martinez from playing him and risking a poor performance and another player injured.

As things stand, we are 3 points from 3rd place, so the table is still close and it’s not too optimistic to think we could be up there by the end of this weekend. Having said that, I think this will be a very exciting game with Everton trying to lift themselves from the bottom of the table and us trying to recapture the momentum we started the season with. Both teams have returning players from injuries and both teams have lost key players to injuries. If there was ever a fitting match, then this may be the one.

My predication is a 1-2 Villa. But this could easily go the other way if Everton get the first goal.

1. GIDDYVILLAN October 18, 2014 at 10:14 am .

I’m with you on your prediction 1-2 to the VILLA,the pressures on Everton to perform I can see us pulling this one out the bag.UTV

2. VTID October 18, 2014 at 10:32 am .

Giddy I hope you anf Mr Cheese are right, because I am the pesermist here, whenever we go there thinking its a win because of this and that we buckle, and I believe today will be no different, I feel we will be lucky to get a draw.

One thing for sure we must try to not concede we are already at -5 on goal difference and it’s only at the bottom we see teams on more.

As for Vlaar, I think if he goes to manure he will eventually become a bench warmer seeing his career out, and it’s a shame the footballing world has come to this.

3. nath October 18, 2014 at 10:50 am .

everton is a game i always look for when the fixture list is revealed. been and watched so cracking games between the 2 sides. this game will have big bearings on whether villa or everton can have a fine season.

for me the injuries will take its toll on villa and everton will prove 2 strong.saw their derby game and they were unlucky but grabbed a deserved point at the death. also on the villa team i feel gabby and wiemann need 2 step up. benteke might be back, but it will take him some games 2 reach his peak.

everton 1 nil

p.s sanchez should be given the shirt in place of the crocked delph, arsenal are really strong in midfield, they can make any midfielders look daft on their day. villa that day were at sixes and sevens not just sanchez.

4. VTID October 18, 2014 at 11:47 am .

Nath, I agree with you. No one can have a world like he did then his first premier club game he plays that bad. That Arsenal game I believe was a one off, but he needs to be given the opportunity again to prove his capabilities

5. Mr_cheese October 18, 2014 at 3:01 pm .

Vlaar has started today, surprised to see that

6. Mr_cheese October 18, 2014 at 3:09 pm .

All over us so far, Barkley is seeing a lot of the ball. Richardson being sloppy as per usual giving a.free kick and getting a yellow inside first 10

7. Bill Pearson October 18, 2014 at 3:22 pm .

Here we go one down.

8. #HELENIUS October 18, 2014 at 3:28 pm .

Why is it always our best players getting injured n not ur Westwood’s or Clarke’s ffs!!!!!!!!!
    On another note, we’re shite so far and will be fortunate to keep it under 3!!

1. Mr_cheese October 18, 2014 at 3:38 pm .

Why would you want Westwood.injured. He does a lot of.good for us

1. #HELENIUS October 18, 2014 at 3:44 pm .

He passes side to side under no pressure really well…..I’ll give him that. The rest of his game is crap, especially as we play a defensive game, which defending is notbhis forte. And I don’t actually want him injured

9. GIDDYVILLAN October 18, 2014 at 3:32 pm .

Baker injured???? Things looking up then lol. 😀

1. Bill Pearson October 18, 2014 at 3:37 pm .

What Clarke on, not on your Nelly, where the fuck is Abonglahor, Benteke , Richardson, Nzog, this is crazy.ffs.

1. Mr_cheese October 18, 2014 at 3:39 pm .

Venture has been absent all game!

1. Mr_cheese October 18, 2014 at 3:39 pm .

Benteke *

1. GIDDYVILLAN October 18, 2014 at 3:55 pm .

Cheese your spell checker is well out when I type benteke I get genteel that’s apt.

2. Bill Pearson October 18, 2014 at 3:49 pm .

Venture might play better, Mr Cheese, I’m dumb founded with our players contribution for Villa, I’m giving up with this lots efforts for Villa’s colours, robbing the fans of good hard money and support.

10. GIDDYVILLAN October 18, 2014 at 3:42 pm .

Not looking good try planX.

1. Bill Pearson October 18, 2014 at 3:51 pm .

Giddy forgot what plan X was, is it fuck Lambert and his monkey out of Villa.

1. GIDDYVILLAN October 18, 2014 at 3:56 pm .

MATE that was plan B.