Culverhouse and Karsa suspended; total joke

So I come in from work to find that Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa our assistant manager and director of football operations respectively have been suspended.
To quote a rather superb group (the Rutles), “I’m shocked” “and stunned”. “Very stunned”.

What the hell has gone on here?
This to me, at first glance raises more questions than it answers, with the first being, if Lambert brought these people in, why hasn’t he been suspended as well?

First reports I’ve read are suggesting that they’ve been suspended for lack of performance.
This might actually make sense, as it would seem to be perfectly true.
We’ve all been asking for months what the team are actually being taught in training, after all.

But again, Lambert brought them in, so the responsibility lies ultimately with him. His choices haven’t worked, so Lambert himself has to go.

So then I go on to read that there is talk of bullying and big arguments between the players and staff.
Again, these staff are Lambert’s choices, so again, Lambert has to go.
But he hasn’t, yet at least.

So what might the reasoning be?
Lambert himself dobbed them in? I doubt it. Lambert strikes me as a man who would back his team and walk away.
But then, he did hint that things weren’t right at the Villa, so I guess it’s possible.
A couple of million quid can turn a bloke, I suppose.

And then there’s the appointment of Given as a coach or assistant manager or whatever his role is.
How on earth does that work?
Given was frozen out by either one of the board or Lambert himself.
So if he was frozen out by Lambert, this appointment can only have been made to get Lambert to walk.
Would you be able to work with a bloke you’d told you didn’t want for whatever reason? It’d be at least uncomfortable.

And if he was frozen out by the board, what does this say to Lambert?
“We think a bloke we wanted gone is better than the choice you brought in” ????

I just can’t see the logic behind any of this and don’t believe any good will come of it.
Except maybe Lambert getting the bullet or walking.

Actually no, I don’t think Lambert will walk, as there’s too much money at stake.
Indeed, it would seem that his future is practically assured at the Villa, which quite simply amazes me.

The only two options I can see are that he’s either a total sycophant to the board or a totally treacherous man, willing to backstab anybody, including the very people he brought in, who you would think were allies and probably friends.
I doubt it’s the former.

I see the squad are supposed to have been “buoyant” after the suspensions.
So what does this suggest?
That Culverhouse and Karsa were hated, but Lambert wasn’t?
I can only read into that, that it means that Lambert is also in the firing line.
After all, if you’re being bullied and the gaffer allows it to go on, you’re going to hate him too, for allowing it to go on, aren’t you?

No, my guess is Lambert’s days are even more numbered, regardless of what the reports say about his job being safe.

But in the meantime, what a laughing stock we have become, particularly after Paul Faulkner’s now ridiculous statement just yesterday.

I’m just totally stunned by it all and now my focus has to move to the person in charge of the whole madhouse.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. Lionheart April 16, 2014 at 11:08 am . Reply

Lads it is simple.. sh!t has hit the fan.. PL knows he is a dead man walking.. so what he does is throws his boys to the dogs.. replacing them with a Villa legend and reluctantly Given.. this way taking the flack of himself and also hoping the fans ease off with Cowans in the dug out..

Lerner ideally doesn’t want to change managers.. he has done it too often recently without being able to find a decent replacement..

So as a last throw of the dice this is Plan B.. PL RL PF are all praying for a win on Saturday to ease the pressure.. a defeat there and to Swansea then the trigger will have to be pulled and PL… FIRED…!!!

2. kenny April 16, 2014 at 12:52 pm . Reply

why r u having a go at lambert. he is a brill manager and he will b villas best manager. randy lerner has said he will back him and I do 2, I am with both owner and manager here. I have watched villa a few times this year and have been very happy the way they av played in quite a lot of the games. they need to improve on there defending and creating gd chances more often. but wen u av players comin in and out of the side through injuries they r not gonna b able 2 come straight back from injury str away. vlaar is great defender and hope he stays. baker I think is also a very gd defender and he needs 2 stay. he has been in and out wiv injury and wiv that in mind he has played very well and his gonna b a great player as he is young and doin well now. benteke is a blow but wiv agy wiemen and albrighton the attackin options r extremely gd and fast. if lambert gets them runnin in the right areas a lot more they will start winnin games but again confidence in defence and confidence and gd effort 2 get forward is needed now. all I wanna say 2 randy lerner take interest in villa a lot more reguarding getting the rite and decent 1s too add 2 the squad and lambert will help him reap rewards.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath April 16, 2014 at 1:01 pm . Reply

Is that you Paul!!

1. BillyWalkerShirt April 16, 2014 at 1:20 pm . Reply

Lol
        And you did that all on your own Kenny? Bless your cotton socks..

1. saddened April 16, 2014 at 2:01 pm . Reply

I’m with Oohah, it has to be Faulkner !!

2. Bill Pearson. April 16, 2014 at 3:45 pm . Reply

Bill he’s from High croft hall I’m sure he is. I do believe they have computers now.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath April 16, 2014 at 3:54 pm .

NEW POST GONE UP BILL

2. BillyWalkerShirt April 17, 2014 at 7:41 am .

Who left the padded cell unlocked???

3. #HELENIUS April 16, 2014 at 1:30 pm . Reply

PAUL LAMBERTS CLARET BLUE ARMY

4. Colonius81 April 17, 2014 at 11:29 pm . Reply

Lads I don’t what is going on with Karsa, and culverhouse, if they have done wrong or if the alegations are of a serious nature, then the right thing has been done and they have been suspended and an investigation is underway.

I would take the opinions more seriously if i didn’t see a suggestion that tony pulis should be made villa manager …. and the blow by blow layer of speculation laid on top of another layer of speculation and so on so forth until the obvious conclusion of Lambert being fired and the new expensive big repuation manager that we could never land before lambert yet we hope or expect? we can land now ..

It sucks .. to use the vernacular of my canadian friends .. it really does, but i still trust in logic.

if no big reputation manager would come to Villa when the last 2 managers left .. I fail to see how we could attract one now.
    If lerner hasn’t released the funds with the last 2 managers why would he release them now?
    if Lerner was going to sell the club why hasn’t it been sold? why is it not for sale? if there are no buyers for newcastle or Everton why would there be one for Villa?
    If he was in it for the money .. why does every public account published since he took over say he hasn’t made a penny of clear net profit yet?

If we want to throw out random stories that we want to be believe, i will have a go!
    I want to speculate that this suspension and investigation into an as yet to be specified type of misconduct by the coaching staff was a major factor in the abject completely polar opposite piss poor performance against Stoke and it had a continueing effect on the subsequent run of shite results. but i would be just speculating ..
    Whatever happens things just got more interesting …

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath April 18, 2014 at 12:15 am . Reply

So true Colonius and yes things are more entertaining off the pitch than on it which says it all