Bolton 1 – 0 Villa; We’ve blown it.

Whereas I was totally gutted that we lost to QPR at home, now I’m quite sanguine that we’ve lost to Bolton.

Yes, I totally agree that the conditions didn’t suit us in the slightest.
But it’s no excuse when you’re supposedly fighting for an automatic promotion place and you simply have to perform, whatever you’re up against.
Bolton’s goal was more down to our poor defending than anything else, but would you really begrudge them the win?
I certainly wouldn’t and thought they did enough to justify it. The same as QPR.
And it’s this that makes it so disappointing.

This was our first back to back defeat since August, according to Sky and that says it all.
We’ve bottled it, just when it’s most important.
We’ve blown 6 points when we needed them most.
Just when Fulham slipped too.
Anyone want to bet that Derby might get something against Cardiff tomorrow?
It wouldn’t surprise me; but it matters not now.

So second place is totally out of the question and we have to face the play-offs.
I’ve seen quite a few fans say that this was always our target for this season anyway and that’s fair enough; but I do wonder why, Wolves apart, we shouldn’t be in that top two?
How the hell have Cardiff beat us to it?
You can cite Warnock (who I actually called for, pre-Bruce), but this is a question for when the season’s over.

Onto the match then and it bored me witless.
I couldn’t see the bleeding ball, even after the change.
Why wasn’t it bright orange, like it used to be?

It just seemed that Bolton wanted it more and as much as we tried, we didn’t look like scoring in a month of Sundays.

The whole team looked poor and not really up for it, but I have to single out Hourihane, I’m afraid.
He was taken off and surely now has to be “rested”. His overall form has been terrible, even though he’s been given plenty of time to turn it around.

I won’t mention Bjarnasson. Ok, I will. He was terrible.

But I could say the same about the whole team.

Play-offs it is then and we need to get this bad run out of our system.
What worries me, is that if we can’t beat the strugglers, will we be able to beat our peers?

Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. nath March 18, 2018 at 12:50 pm .

somebody posted somewhere else. our final 8 games look //////// when are these fans going to realise it doesn’t matter what we think hard or easy, its the game itself that matters and we cant call shit. or we all would be winning the coupon week on week.

the amount of times championship struggler’s beat tophalf of the table pretenders. compare this to top 7 in premiership. they rarely lose to other teams bottom half. this is shown better in odds on coupons they are like 2/9 on when villa played qpr they were never that odds on not even close.

2. VillaAwayInDiv3 March 18, 2018 at 5:33 pm .

NATH Quote…” there are fans on other sites. fuming at other villa fans “…

Yes some even swore…LOL
    Villa fans were fighting each other on the way home…and not for the 1st time this season either…

1. nath March 18, 2018 at 7:19 pm .

i don’t like to say it, but its what i heard and what i seen. we all should be together. whether we have different views, we all have one thing in common our love for a football team. about the fights i havent seen with my eyes but heard about this. about the oneline abuse i have seen and its disgusting,

villa fans expressing their views whether right or wrong should be respected. but loads of other villa fans abusing them and it looks like mainly because they were trying to look on the bright side. its crazy

1. jvillan March 18, 2018 at 9:31 pm .

pot and kettle comes to mind with that statement especially on this site

1. nath March 18, 2018 at 9:53 pm .

you can talk.

1. jvillan March 18, 2018 at 9:54 pm .

said bruce was wrong from day 1 yet got loads abuse on here, a few good results some think sun shines out bruce arse

3. nath March 18, 2018 at 9:58 pm .

jvillan posts is a sign, villa lost and Birmingham win. time to comeout from under his bridge. hey thats banter same shit i put up with from other posters but hey i don’t whine about it

4. nath March 18, 2018 at 10:10 pm .

jvillan you probably get that abuse because you abused others when they tried to back the managers you slate. you could slate players and managers alike with getting abuse. but you started a slating other fans who supported everything you didn’t.

like the lambert days, some fans just support villa through and through, but you was in the flock calling them names like lamberts sheep or sumat like it, fans don’t decide on managers. clubs having too many managers like us are generally the ones in dire states. i saw some finances on villa, most of the money wasted went on managers compensation and loses player transfers

1. jvillan March 19, 2018 at 9:03 am .

and we where right about lambert, i didnt start the abuse just responded with like,some fans think by backing the manager they are better fans than the ones that can see that bruce lambert mcleish are not good enough manager, and certain players are not fit to wear the shirt no matter how much effort they put in but then again we are not all blinded by stupidity

1. Hitchens60 March 19, 2018 at 10:46 am .

So JV – given your closing remark are you claiming that anyone with a differing opionion to you is stupid?

1. Bill Pearson March 19, 2018 at 4:17 pm .

Never mind Hitch, next time I’m down Villa Park I will have a look. Err the sunshine out of Bruce’s arse.

2. pat57 March 19, 2018 at 4:57 pm .

@JV
        Have to say that I don’t like abuse on sites like these but in your case I’ll make an exception. I’ve got zero time for trolls like you who can only be bothered to post when something goes wrong.

You’ve added nothing of value to any discussion you’ve ever posted on. Just go away

5. Holte66 March 19, 2018 at 6:34 pm .

Bruce might not be everyone’s cup of tea and there have been decisions he has made which I can’t comprehend, but he has managed to turn a club in turmoil into one that is moving forward. I think trying to compare managers is pointless, because there are always those with potential but wouldn’t cope with a club our size. A few on here mentioned Gary Monk when he joined Leeds, now look at both. Look at Sunderland with Coleman and then you realise Bruce did well there. Whether he can manage a big club in the premier league is still an unknown but if he gets us promoted he deserves a good crack at it. If he doesn’t get promoted this season I will take the view that he has us moving in the right direction and next season we would get promoted. I’ve come to the conclusion that a change of manager will probably set us back, and do we need another upheaval of coaching staff and players? I know there are people who would be delighted if he went now and this site is great that we all have different opinions, but like nath said we all have the same passion which is Villa.

1. Saddened March 19, 2018 at 6:58 pm .

Completely agree Holte66, we need to look back and realise what a turnaround the club has made this season, we are unlikely to make auto promotion, but JT leading the lads out at Wembley, thats nothing to get negative about UTV.

1. DSVilla March 19, 2018 at 8:45 pm .

Think you are getting ahead of yourself. We need to win a home/away two leg semi before getting to Wembley. I agree we probably won’t blow a play off place but I’m not seeing a nailed on play off final.

i would also prefer the turnarounds at Cardiff, Wolves and probably Fulham at the moment. Or is that just being negative?

6. pat 57 March 19, 2018 at 7:06 pm .

Anyway on a lighter note god to see that John Gregory is still enjoying himself.

Now in India he’s only managed the team that won the Indian Super League –

Good on yer John!

7. Villain1 March 19, 2018 at 9:46 pm .

It is a kick in the teeth to finish below Cardiff as is almost certain now, they don’t have better players than us individually but have kept momentum bar one losing run (where we’re now having our 3rd run of poor results).
    It’s telling we never made the points back we lost to them in the disastrous first month of the season.
    I just can’t see us getting past Fulham in a play off scenario (or Boro truth be told) – even if you fancy us to do something its just too risky – one stupid red card or refeering decision can screw you over. It is in many ways a part lottery and one given our resources Bruce should never have got us into.
    Nevertheless, my opinion win, lose or draw never changes – this club can do some much better in the managerial department given the advantage we have over the rest of the division.

8. nath March 19, 2018 at 10:27 pm .

cardiff havent got the better players than us looking at theirs and ours. but that is a opinion i have and others have. but that opinion is wrong. cardiff have proved themselves better, warnock has got the maximum effort out of his team / players individually and used the system that suited their players. will they see out the season in second. i believe they will,they also deserve too.

they could falter but that will be because they see the finishing line and become nervous. they do have tough games left. but we should concentrate on ourselves. we have to forget the two last games. they have gone now and are missed opportunities.

if we end up in the play offs which is more than likely. i have no fear in any teams we might face. villa are capable of turning over anybody in this division.