Benteke; Will he stay or will he go? and the new kit.

New Villa kit

There doesn’t seem to have been much happening over the last couple of days, does there?

What’s being printed by the press is interesting though, as depending which paper you read, Brendan Rodgers is going to meet Benteke’s £32.5 million buy-out clause imminently.
Or maybe he isn’t, as the pressure is apparently being applied on the Villa because the player is meeting the club tomorrow to say he wants to go to Liverpool, thus forcing the club’s hand, where we’ll have to take a lower price.
Or maybe not, because others say that there is no way Liverpool will meet the asking price and they’re not even interested, because they’re after some bright young spark, who’s miles better anyway, at a lot less money.
Yeah, yeah.

I’m not even going to post any links about these stories, as to my mind, they’re all utter rubbish.
The fact is nobody has a clue and I’m fairly content as things stand for three reasons.

1) Tim Sherwood offered the same £100 bet that he’d already won against a journalist, saying that Benteke won’t be leaving.

2) Sherwood said there hasn’t been a bid, contrary to the tripe where pool had supposedly offered £20 and then £25 million.

And
3) Benteke’s agent hasn’t come up with some sort of stunt lately that suggests the player is leaving.
Indeed, the latest (plausible) suggestion I heard was that the player and agent knew nothing.

So in short, we know as much as anyone, unless you believe it’s already a done deal and it’s all about shennanigans.
I often tend to be in the “conspiracist theory” camp, to be honest; but not this time.

And then of course, there’s the new kit, where Benteke apparently isn’t featured in the presentation.
Interestingly, he is, though. Although I suppose he could always be airbrushed out at any time.
Delph also features, in a stance where he’s holding the Captain’s armband.
It’s a great picture (ok, read photoshop) and this is good stuff, where I think it sends out as strong a message as a club possibly can, without actually coming out and saying “it’s all rubbish”.
Both are staying or at least won’t be sold cheaply, in my opinion.

As for the kit itself, I quite like the home one.
The yellow away kit…. hmm, I’m not keen, myself.

How much better does “Intuit Quickbooks” look when compared to “Dafabet” on the front?
For those who aren’t so computer canny, they really are a respected outfit, even if you’ve never heard of them.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. domingo July 8, 2015 at 12:44 am . Reply

off topic but the telegraph is reporting shay given is joining Middlesbrough on a free .

1. domingo July 8, 2015 at 12:45 am . Reply

haha you beat me two it.

2. Dave.C July 8, 2015 at 12:57 am . Reply

Not felt much like commenting on anything since the FA Cup final, felt like my heart and passion for the club had been all but kicked out of me. As for all these transfer rumours, I just can’t be arsed with ’em, same crap every summer, lazy space filling journalism, don’t believe anything until a player signs on the dotted line. One positive thing, me, and my 17yr old son absolutely love the away kit, yellow and black go together well, very Borussia Dortmund. Love it!

1. GIDDYVILLAN July 8, 2015 at 6:01 am . Reply

Borussia Dortmund LOL it looked to me at first glance more like Burton Albion.

3. Andrew July 8, 2015 at 5:22 am . Reply

I love the away kit, both are very nice but the away kits by far my favorite. Yellow isn’t my favorite color but the black works incredibly well with it.

Bar the Liverpool loving press, nothing on Benteke, seems to have died about him being linked there bar the Mirror who absolutely loves them, and Spurs.

4. Hitchens 60 July 8, 2015 at 7:58 am . Reply

Listening to Desmond from The Sun on radio yesterday. Interviewer said ‘we all know these stories (you print) are untrue so why do it’. Response – we print what our readers believe to be true! Now I’m paraphrasing but says it all about journalism (including transfer stories) – sell newspapers not necessarily the truth. Scary?

1. domingo July 8, 2015 at 12:19 pm . Reply

the old saying “never let the truth get in the way of a good story”
      remember on the day of 9.11 . bbc reporter said building 7 had fallen . but behind him was building 7 still standing and it didnt fall for another 30 mins.
      that opened my eye to modern day journalists and tv news reporters. they report rumours as truth and lie if it suits the powers that be.

rant over 🙂

1. muzzvill July 8, 2015 at 8:15 pm . Reply

never let the truth get in the way of a good story

5. GIDDYVILLAN July 8, 2015 at 8:31 am . Reply

I stick to my local rag it’s far more believable.

6. pat57 July 8, 2015 at 8:58 am . Reply

Back to Delph BBC state that he is asking Micah Richards for advice. I should think that after his experience at Citeh there’s every chance that Delph will stay.

Hope he does stay but if not then I’ll happily call the taxi for him.

I only want players who want to play for Villa and I’m sure Tim feels exactly the same.

UTV

7. domingo July 8, 2015 at 12:32 pm . Reply

still no news on vlarr . bet he is wishing he signed his new contract as there seems to be few takers for him lol.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 9, 2015 at 8:37 am . Reply

Ha ha south Birmingham teams need a big useless lump as centre half maybe one if those teams would sign him!!

8. New Regime July 8, 2015 at 1:07 pm . Reply

well I have to say the yellow kit is bloody nice imo. gonna snap one of them up. Always liked a yellow away kit

1. Bill Pearson July 8, 2015 at 3:50 pm . Reply

With you on that New Ragime, I like as well and getting one.

9. steve July 8, 2015 at 7:25 pm . Reply

Benteke said he wants to play for a club in Europe. Liverpool are in Europe.
    If villa had won the cup we would have been in the same European competition as Liverpool. Therefore he couldn’t say he wants go to play for Liverpool to play in that cup.
    What I am trying to say is – is that why he played so shit in the final.
    Also Cleverley, Delph and Vlaar all knew they were probably going before the final and to get injured would risk a move. They also played shit in the final.
    The others were that shit but had know excuse.
    Its been a long long day.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 9, 2015 at 8:35 am . Reply

From memory he said CL not Europe. He’s conveniently twisted what he said to justify pool move

1. DSVilla July 9, 2015 at 8:59 am . Reply

Has Benteke said anything? I must have missed that one. To be honest Liverpool is quite a big step up from us, and given their spending (even with Sterling heading out) there is every likelihood that they will be knocking on the door of the Top 4 this coming season.

Let’s take the money and spend it on 3 decent players, plus deals already done and maybe one more decent player. That would be a net spend of £20-25M, but leave us in much better shape this coming season.