Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
    Andrew October 1, 2013 at 3:13 pm .

Anyways, I can see Bacuna as a Right Winger whenever Lambert wants to bring Lowton back in the team, Weimann behind the striker and Gabby out left. Don’t like Weimann on the wing as he leaves his fullback alone far too often to get doubled/tripled at times.

Foxy October 1, 2013 at 6:31 pm .

I’d like to see Wiemann behind Benteke. They understand each other and made some great moves last season, the back heal and goal being one. I think I’d rather see Albrighton on the right wing in Wiemann’s place although I’m not sure how good he is coming back to defend.

Andrew October 1, 2013 at 7:08 pm .

Still don’t rate Albrighton, though I think he could be a good squad player for the wing. I can see Bacuna beating just about any LB in the league, while still helping Lowton, he’s got a great free kick and I can see his crossing being great as well.

Adam October 1, 2013 at 3:35 pm .

I agree with KEA been a different player this year, workrate is second to none and isnt afraid to make a tackle, popped up with a goal too so he’s doing something right this year. Lambert wouldnt play him if he hadnt noticed his improvement as he didnt get a look in last year. Hope he keeps it up.

Naughtius Maximus October 1, 2013 at 6:40 pm .

as for lowton I diont think anyones being disloyal or unfair to him, he had a good season for us last season but his form this season has been terrible and on that alone he just cant play at the moment until some improvement is seen and Bacuna has been better which is why he’s lost his place, that’s just football.

Villains Utd October 1, 2013 at 7:36 pm .

KEA has a tremendous engine on him no doubt. I was at the spurs game and have to say he was simply awful – did everything wrong. Kept giving the ball away, taking the ball in wrong direction. He couldn’t even successfully make a 6 yard pass! It was so poor but then the majority of the team was crap on the night. However, he is very natural on the ball and his goal against man city deserves recognition. We had been totally outplayed up till that point, yet he was good enough to find space for a clever through ball to be played to him, followed by a sound first touch and a perfect finish past one of the best keepers. Great confidence and composure and without that there would have been no comeback. Anyone who argues with this is wrong IMO. You don’t drop a player who has just scored such a goal. His confidence will be high and hopefully will reflect in the rest of his game.

OohAhPaulMcGrath October 1, 2013 at 10:12 pm .

You mean the goal that was a yard offside very lucky to get away with that

Villains Utd October 1, 2013 at 11:12 pm .

Half a yard if that and not relevant, it was quality movement and finishing.

Foxy October 1, 2013 at 7:40 pm .

Four shots on goal against ManC and we scored from three of them.

Villains Utd October 1, 2013 at 7:46 pm .

Great conversion – you can’t be more efficient than that!

Benno October 1, 2013 at 8:15 pm .

I dont think KEA is more than a squad player to be fair, but Bacuna has impressed me in the last 2 games.

What I would say is that when given the AM role against Liverpool, he was rubbish! We might want to consider putting him on the right hand side and moving Weimann more central in the no.10 role.

I feel for Lowton as he was terrific last year, but maybe having Bacun in front of him would give him more support defensively and allow him to overlap more…?

OohAhPaulMcGrath October 1, 2013 at 10:10 pm .

I don’t get why people think lowton was great last year sure he scored a fantastic goal v stoke which should of been gots IMO. But defensively he has never been great but going forward he has been decent. The only decent defender lamberk has bought is okore and resigning Guzan was a master stroke. Midfielders that have signed for pl are very hit and miss ok one minute shit the next up front he has done well with Benteke, Kozac looks useful but has no pace and needs to beef up as he is too light weight for prem helenius has a decent touch for a big bloke (cliched) I know but that about it. Other than okore and cb I’m struggling to find any decent signings he’s made though at fees of around 2m what do we expect

Foxy October 1, 2013 at 11:24 pm .

If we’re that shit we’re really punching above our weight aren’t we? Stop picking holes in everything, it’s boring. And anyway I thought you liked Vlaar now?

OohAhPaulMcGrath October 2, 2013 at 12:30 am .

Wouldn’t say I rate vlaar but fair play the last couple if games he has improved massively. Let’s hope he keeps it up. Amazing what level a player can step up to in World Cup year!!

Benno October 2, 2013 at 4:13 am .

Agreed that Lowton isnt the best defensively, but he is excellent going forward and not just because he scores goals. Re-watch games like Everton away or Sunderland at home and tell me he isnt good!! He was the best crosser of the ball by a mile last season.

Kerryvillan October 2, 2013 at 6:10 am .

Lowton is not bad defensively its only when he goes forward and our other full back moves up but no midfielder drops deep so he gets caught out of position, that’s why i think wit bacuna in front of him we would be better defensively and them 2 linking up and gettin a few games together i would really like to see.

OohAhPaulMcGrath October 2, 2013 at 11:55 am .

Disagree Kerry even when Lowton is back defending the wingers are getting last him too easily

OohAhPaulMcGrath October 2, 2013 at 11:59 am .

Agree he us decent going fwd but a defenders first job is to defend properly. No point in him scoring a wonder Gaul v stoke then costing us 2 goals down the other end.

jaymo83 October 2, 2013 at 3:05 pm .

When are we all going to realise we cant keep blaming full back saying they can’t defend properly. Warnock, Bennett, Luna, Herd, Lowton who else??? People need to realise the issue started when Young was given a free role behind the strikers and Downing was pushed further up the pitch under Houllier. Our full backs may not be great but they are put under so much more pressure now that strikers are playing in the wide areas who do are not naturally suited to a defensive role. Young and Downing weren’t tacklers but they would always track back and support their full backs and their positional sense was fantastic. Since Houllier changed their roles we have had, predominantly, Gabby or Bannan on the left, and Albrighton and Wiemann on the right, none of whom are adept at the defensive side of the game.

All those full backs aren’t awful they just have crap wingers in front of them or play in a system where attack is preferred to defense.

OohAhPaulMcGrath October 2, 2013 at 6:33 pm .

Milner helped young and beye and they were still shit.

wittonryan October 2, 2013 at 7:29 am .

Lowton just needs to bulk up a bit get pushed off the ball a lot ,Bacuna at right back is working he can move into midfield when we have the ball, also the one time I have seen him play in midfield myself was against Liverpool and I think he looks better at right back myself, I do like him, I would say lamberts best summer buy so far.

Darren October 2, 2013 at 8:05 am .

Ohah, what do you think, RE: Bacuna?

OohAhPaulMcGrath October 2, 2013 at 11:54 am .

I’m not sure about bacuna he is obviously decent at free kicks but defensively at right back he is no worse than Lowton though that’s not saying much. Will have to see him play a few more times before I judge properly but I’d say from what iv seen so far he’s a 6/10 player

astonman October 2, 2013 at 10:13 am .

It was a great result against Man City but its games against the likes of Hull Newcastle Albion and Stoke and others which will show we are moving forward. Games with teams of our standard are crucial to staying out of trouble its sad
    but true we like many others are just making up the numbers

OohAhPaulMcGrath October 2, 2013 at 11:58 am .

True like I said earlier I think we will be one if those teams that on our day we will beat utd away 3.0 but then lose 4.0 at home to hull the week after. When we play the big teams they come at us which means we can play counter attacking game that suits us. But the lower teams put everyone behind the ball and we Havnt got a clue. Having said that Celtic did it last night v barca and tbf barca only managed to create a handful of chances at best so what chance have we got