JimT September 24, 2013 at 3:31 pm .

Cup games can be weird as we all know. I don’t think this is a predictable as many make out. Man City last season anyone? Certainly going to be interesting. I’m going for a 1-0 us.

marvin September 24, 2013 at 3:41 pm .

I would love a win, but I’m going with 1-2 Spurs

I really hope Friedel starts today. I like him, but Lloris has been all but unstoppable of late.

I think the line up sounds about right. Although I am less confident Wiemann will start, I have an odd feeling we might see the return of Bowery or Albrighton? Nevertheless, I hope we make a game of it. It will be great to see the new lads have a run out and hopefully this will allow Lambert the chance to experiment with the formation a bit. Trial by fire.

streetlyvillan September 24, 2013 at 4:00 pm .

with this type of game you cannot use league form as a factor as the squad for Spurs will be totally different than for a league match. I just wonder if PL is laying down a smoke screen and will play a strong side with Kodak in for Benteke. If he does, we can win this UTV.

OohAhPaulMcGrath September 24, 2013 at 4:53 pm .

We beat city away last year means fuck all as the hammered us in league. I’d rather of had the three points

VTID September 24, 2013 at 5:48 pm .

Ooh ah, we are more than likely going to lose tonight but ffs give the team a bit of support, even though your not interested in cup games. Or do not make any comments at all.

Some of your points are valued but you are beginning to be a bit of a pain in the arse with so much negativity.

OohAhPaulMcGrath September 24, 2013 at 7:35 pm .

Fair enough we shouldn’t get beat tonight necessarily as spurs have a poor team out

villa1996 September 24, 2013 at 7:09 pm .

This reason ohhahh is so negative is because there nowt all to be positive about every game we go in as fans we fear the worst thanks to Lerner any one thing these new signings are gonna be world beaters must be on something we have a piss poor chairman manager and team dont know why we bother? Maybe its because I feel sorry for myself

OohAhPaulMcGrath September 24, 2013 at 7:34 pm .

Spot on villa 1996 there not much to be positive about especially at home. Be interesting to see how tonev does tonight as I my up against spurs reserves Ffs so no excuses

marvin September 24, 2013 at 7:22 pm .

Are we playing a 4-5-1 today? With actual wingers? I’m confused.

Foxy September 24, 2013 at 7:26 pm .

I’m positive about every game, but I try to remain realistic, which is why when we win it’s bloody brilliant. McLeish nearly got to me (ok, he did get to me) but there are always rays of light. The Newcastle game was bloody awful though. But really, in this modern age, would you rather see the Villa fight for it or buy it (or buy it and then fail to get it – see Chelsea, ManC, ManU and Spurs, only one is going to win and it might even be Arsenal, who are almost solvent)? Or even buy it and not be able to afford it? We’re currently 13th out of what, 92 league teams? Not disastrous. We’ve won two matches so far and no one outside the top five has won more, had we beaten Chelsea and were now in seventh place would there be so much doom and gloom? We kept our first clean sheet last match, we’re doing ok, not brilliantly, not Sunderland.

villa1996 September 24, 2013 at 8:04 pm .

Do villa actually have a home ground any more? We play like the away side every time

Doc Tibbits (@DeaconOrDog) September 24, 2013 at 8:38 pm .

Does every player that puts on a villa kit have an awful first touch? Might be my American eyes, but every game it seems like the opponent has better touch/possession skills. With us, it’s always banging around like a foosball table.

OohAhPaulMcGrath September 24, 2013 at 8:50 pm .

Your not imagining out players have the touch of a mule!!cant believe they are on 20-30k a week complete dross

Doc Tibbits (@DeaconOrDog) September 24, 2013 at 9:00 pm .

Mules. Spot on. There’s no poise with the ball. God I fucking miss Milner.

adam September 24, 2013 at 8:45 pm .

100% for effort 10% creativity. Helenius to come on hopefully!

OohAhPaulMcGrath September 24, 2013 at 8:50 pm .

Nothing new there then