Albion up for sale for £150-200 mill; How does that work?

I was reading the Sunday People in a cafe this morning and came across this story, which quite frankly amazed me.

It’s not the fact that the club’s up for sale, but more the eye-watering amount.

I mean, if you believe that Randy Lerner is struggling to achieve a sale for the Villa at £150 million, how can Jeremy Peace expect to get the same or even more for West Brom?

That’s not being disrespectful to the Albion, but surely they just aren’t as big a club as Aston Villa are they? We have a bigger turnover, a bigger fanbase and arguably better prospects if we can get our act together.

Of course, there is one big difference, in that Albion actually make money. They made £10 million profit in the last figures.

And while making money in the real world is always a plus, is it really that important in footy land? After all, very few clubs make money and indeed, that’s not really what it’s about.

I wish Peace the best of luck in his sale, but I really wonder if these figures are at all accurate. According to the article though, a couple of seriously interested parties have been shown around the ground.

My opinion is that if Albion are worth £150 million, then Villa can’t fail to be worth £200 million.

If we stay in the Premier league, that is.

It’ll be interesting to see how this one pans out. After all, didn’t the Blues go for more money than the Villa?

Totally crazy, in my opinion.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. Andrew April 7, 2015 at 4:45 am . Reply

Sinclair, Hutton and Westwood out injured for the game, which I’m in the very small minority thinking it’s good news for the first two.

Cleverley, Cissokho and Richardson are doubts. Guessing we’ll see a
    Lowton-Clark-Okore-Baker back 4.

1. Bum Bum April 7, 2015 at 8:23 am . Reply

Is Baker fully fit again? Was it the Liverpool game in which he had a stormer not so long ago???
      My QPR mate is VERY nervous about tonight. Let’s hope their team is as well.. The fact there’s a bit less pressure on us will help.

2. Hitchens 60 April 7, 2015 at 8:25 am . Reply

Vlaar is fit Andrew so I would think TS will try and use him – possibly Clark going to LB? Is the amnesty now in place for bookings?

1. Hitchens 60 April 7, 2015 at 8:26 am . Reply

It’s squeaky bum bum time all round ( sorry bum bum couldn’t resist it) 🙂

1. Bum Bum April 7, 2015 at 11:38 am . Reply

LOL!!!

2. Andrew April 7, 2015 at 1:42 pm . Reply

It’s possible, but I don’t think he’ll change up Okore and Clark, unless either aren’t 100% fit. Maybe Clark and Vlaar then, as I’d guess he liked Baker at LB.

3. OohAhPaulMcGrath April 7, 2015 at 11:07 am . Reply

New post gone up cheers

2. Hitchens 60 April 7, 2015 at 8:30 am . Reply

On the Bent debate – I would have him back if we could strike the right deal. WithTS playing more down the wings he’ll get a better service and just think of Benteke / Bent partnership that actually works! We should get rid Weimann to make room – ‘fraid another player that isn’t going to cut it in the PL.

3. Bencey83 April 7, 2015 at 8:37 am . Reply

We’re going to need Bent’s goals when we’re in the Championship!

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath April 7, 2015 at 11:07 am . Reply

New post gone up cheers

4. saddened April 7, 2015 at 9:19 am . Reply

just got a feeling QPR will turn us over tonight, the teams around us are picking up points against decent sides and we have Spurs and Man City next, that I can’t realistically see us getting anything from….. Sorry Randy but I think you will be needing to drop your asking price.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath April 7, 2015 at 11:07 am . Reply

New post gone up cheers

5. VTID April 7, 2015 at 9:35 am . Reply

We need to make sure tonight is full of suprises for the QPR team and that the team work hard just like Crystal Palace did last night, we can beat them, as for the Baggies sale, its time for Pearce to get out and make his money, as a club financially they are in a good place not like us who owes millions to the bank