A major divide in the camp and Remi nearly walked after the Everton game

Remi-Garde-639175

It just goes from bad to worse doesn’t it?
The Telegraph has come out with an article which suggests there is a major split amongst the players.
While it’s not exactly a new story, it does go on to name names and it’s basically the longer term players in Gabby Agbonlahor, Alan Hutton, Leandro Bacuna, Ciaran Clark, Brad Guzan, Mark Bunn as well as Joleon Lescott and Micah Richards versus the rest.

That’s something I find interesting, as most of those are the ones who are oft criticised and at first glance it’s easy to jump to conclusions and choose whose side we’re on as fans.
but if you read into the article, it states that the senior players have been moaning about Remi Garde not turning up in the dressing room after the Wycombe draw and the Liverpool pasting.
It’s a bit vague in this area, in that it doesn’t explain if he didn’t turn up at all or just turned up late, but I certainly recall stories of some manager or other deliberately leaving his team to stew before handing out the rollickings.
It’s certainly the way I’d expect Garde to be and it makes sense that he might want to calm down and gather his thoughts before coming out with any assessment.
If I was one of the players involved in those games, I think I’d have been glad that the manager didn’t come in, so I’m not really sure what there is to complain about.
But I’m also not sure if the players complaining about this, is a good or bad thing either.

There’s also a reference that says the same senior players have openly questioned how some of the things they’re doing in training are relevant to what they’re doing.
If they’re complaining about simple things, like passing a ball to a player in the same colour shirt, the answer is easy; They can’t get the basics right more often than not!
But I’m being facetious and the concerning part of this is that they seemingly don’t have much respect for the manager and his coaching staff. Which can’t be a good thing, however you look at it.

Even more worrying and it’s not something I’d had any inkling of, is the suggestion that Garde might have resigned after the Everton game.
Whatever I think of him as a manager, his resignation now would be an even worse disaster than what we’ve seen unfold already in this dire season. But it seems to demonstrate just how frustrated he is, especially after having been cast adrift in the transfer window.
The point here is that if he’d been offered anything decent in the discussions at the latest meeting, it doesn’t make sense that he’d be considering resigning. Hence logic tells me that he was offered very little in the way of support in the event of us being relegated.
And I suspect it’s only a matter of time before he does actually resign, leaving us odds on that we won’t see an injection of funds aimed at getting us straight back up.

The thing is, if you were in Remi’s position, what would you do?
Resign soon, emphasising how you’ve been put in an impossible position and try to salvage some of your reputation, or leave it until the end of the season so you can add “managed a relegated team” to your CV?
It would seem an easy decision.

And we face Man City next.

“It never rains, but it pours” springs to mind.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. billys boots March 4, 2016 at 6:41 pm . Reply

not talking succeeding bws he knows there are major problems and he cant do anything about it whether its stubbornness or he doesn’t know what to do, can you see any manager being so out of touch with the players and fans we should of heard alarm bells ringing when there was no new manager bounce so he must of made a huge impression down at bodymoor heath

1. BWS March 4, 2016 at 6:45 pm . Reply

It’s simply rotten to the core owner, chairman, manager, players the f##king lot of them mate.

2. Rocky1 March 4, 2016 at 7:13 pm . Reply

Get rid of the fucking lot of them and give Remi at least a full season to go and build his own team and a chance to get us back up should we go down which looks highly likely. No point in just getting rid or putting him a position to walk as whoever comes in will want the same assurances and will want to build his own team. These so called big name charlies will not get game play time with other clubs as they are just not doing themselves any favors. The board should put their cards on the table as the manager is fronting all their shit. It is easy to criticize his decisions but look what he has at his disposal nothing.
    The press know we are in turmoil and are just kicking us while we are down for a cheap dig to get a cheap story in order to drag us down even more.

1. BWS March 4, 2016 at 8:51 pm . Reply

Agree with your post apart from the press bit.
      It’s good thing they are portraying us in a negative light and rightly so cause I’m struggling to find a positive mate.

3. Villain1 March 4, 2016 at 7:28 pm . Reply

Look at the players supposedly against Remi – Gabby, Hutton, Bacuna, Clark, Guzan, Bunn, Lescott and Richards.

Surely there cannot be a single Villa fan out there who wouldn’t want all of them cleared out immediately. They have all been our worst performers.

This is exactly why Remi should stay on. He should be given the chance to clear these tossers out the club once and for all. But I think he’ll walk as the club haven’t got the balls to back the manager over those jokers.
    I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve never disliked a Villa squad as much as this – so many woeful players and awful characters.

1. Hitchens 60 March 4, 2016 at 7:52 pm . Reply

You make a good argument Villain – I worry that things are so bad that even the fans start pulling each other apart. I never thought I would see the horrors of the 60’s and 70’s again but take my word for it – this is worse, much worse!

We may yet end up with the best stadium in League 2 – and don’t say it can’t happen

1. BWS March 4, 2016 at 8:43 pm . Reply

We do look in freefall Hitcy, when this will bottom out is anybody’s guess.

2. BWS March 4, 2016 at 8:41 pm . Reply

And the reason they’re against him?
      My guess he’s bubbled they’re shite either over the hill or not good enough.

4. nath March 4, 2016 at 7:38 pm . Reply

more bad press,can’t one of the players rescue a cat stuck up a tree, or help a oap across the road. no at villa its a case of bad apples under miming the manager. i agree totally with the above post from rocky1. remi gardes needs a chance with real players, which arent here just for the money.

p/s all clubs have some bad apples, but they get shut asp. we have had to suffer 5 years of insomnia, would love to hear one positive news come out sooner rather than later. plus we need to hit next season running and that means getting our house in order, well before the kick off. build a team around players wanting to wear our shirts with pride like they used too

1. BWS March 4, 2016 at 8:47 pm . Reply

We all thought Faulkner going Fox arriving and Lambert going we’re positives, how wrong we were.

5. originallondonlion March 4, 2016 at 10:09 pm . Reply

It is a right shambles, the normal pattern of disintegration when the players start fighting each other. As for the fan who blogged in the Mail that he could see no signs of preparation for the Championship. Of course, we do not intend to be in it long, but there will be signs of preparing for div 1.

While Villain1 is correct, we would like to see all the old lags slung out, I would get rid of the rest bar Amavi and Traore. Also fire all the coaching staff and the 3 stooges.

I am not sure about Garde, I realise he has had no support to strengthen his squad, but I also believe he is the wrong type of manager for any team lower than mid table in the EPL.

Also when you have completely, utterly and irrevocably lost the dressing room, the players do not openly mock you to the press, they get fined. They say “I question the relevance of some of the things we do in training to our games in the League.” That having been said – it is end of story.

6. Bum Bum March 4, 2016 at 10:36 pm . Reply

On another note, and not that it’ll concern us for a very long time, anyone reading the interviews given about the ‘top clubs’ meeting up and working out how to make the Champs League a closed shop with guaranteed entry for Utd, Citeh, Pool, Arse and Chelski? All these rich owners wanting to change it so it’s like American Football – no relegation. We saw this coming and now it’s not even an open secret anymore…Truly awful.

1. BWS March 4, 2016 at 11:17 pm . Reply

And the ironic thing about that is a club that founded the league backed by a visionary that understood the need for competition to keep it vibrant and fresh where instrumental (or rather Ellis was) in the formation of the ‘Closed Shop Premier League’.
      Where did everyone think this was going?

7. Benno March 5, 2016 at 1:13 am . Reply

All of them are f–in useless! Garde included.

The best news I have heard in a while is the projected clear out from Fox down in the summer.