What’s going on with Ross McCormack?

Whatever your view point about our striker, there’s no denying that he’s proved a total dud this season.
Signed as a prolific Championship striker, who has scored a boatload of goals and has a fair few assists in his career, he looked a very decent, albeit a very expensive signing at around Β£12 million.

But it just hasn’t worked out at all, has it?
Hence it looks a total disaster when you consider the word is Bruce quite simply wants rid of him and will have to take a whopping loss.

I mentioned the specific reason that was being touted as the cause of his head not being “right” in the comments at the time of “Gategate” and out of respect, I’m not going to repeat it.
But suffice to say, it’s a situation very many of us will have been in, myself included.
And it’s quite simply one you have to get your head around as quickly as possible, if you don’t want it to totally mess you up.

It would seem that Ross is finding things particularly difficult though and I know that the latest word is that he has got severe cysts in his mouth.

I don’t quite believe it though and it smacks 100% of a PR game, that’s trying to cover things up.
If his cysts were the reason he won’t be playing again this season, after having had weeks off already, why not just say so, before the word got out that he hasn’t turned up for training in the last three weeks?

This is all a load of pony, in my opinion.

It’s interesting to note that cysts in the mouth are sometimes caused by heavy spirits drinking.
Not that I’m suggesting that that’s the cause in Ross’s case.

But while I somewhat sympathise with what’s going on, let’s not forget he’s being paid Β£50k a week.
Perhaps he forgoes that at the moment, I don’t know.
But if he’s still getting it, he needs to get things sorted.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. Bill Pearson April 21, 2017 at 6:19 pm . Reply

Hi Hitch, not back really had to pop in with my respect to Ugo, nothing to do with genuine posters its down to an idiot with hate of a manager that’s had to work with what he inherited, i think he doesn’t even live in this country.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath April 21, 2017 at 6:50 pm . Reply

Where have you been

2. Hitchens 60 April 22, 2017 at 6:53 am . Reply

I know what you mean Bill – learnt to ignore it.

2. badger123 April 21, 2017 at 7:51 pm . Reply

Blimey, Bill and Giddy, I was wondering where you pair were.
    Look, just because you don’t agree with that person, doesn’t mean you should stop posting.
    At the end of the day, the site isn’t supposed to be about everyone agreeing.

To be honest, I look around all the Villa sites and it seems there’s a sizeable minority that don’t think Bruce is the answer, mainly because of the footy, so critics on here are not alone.
    I’m the same as you pair, in that I try to stay positive and think Bruce deserves a decent chance.
    But I can guarantee you one thing. He will be sacked eventually, for whatever reason.

The point is we miss your positivity and posts.
    All imo πŸ™‚

1. giddyvillan April 22, 2017 at 7:54 am . Reply

I’m fully behind Bruce getting us out this division after that not so sure, what fucks me right off are fans who wanted him to fail from the off purely through hatred. He got us out of the shite this season we were heading for a relegation scrap before he took over, like him hate him he’s done his job for this season so credit where credits due. If we’re in the same position this time next season by all means slate the fucker. When we win it would be nice for certain posters to be pleased with the 3 points instead of picking fucking negatives from the match rant over

1. badger123 April 22, 2017 at 10:13 am . Reply

I definitely can’t argue with that Giddy πŸ˜€.

2. Hitchens 60 April 22, 2017 at 3:18 pm . Reply

Spot on Giddy – this subjective negativity from some fans does my head in and, fir the record, I don’t appreciate being called a ‘happy clapper’ just because I try and be balanced in my views.

3. OohAhPaulMcGrath April 22, 2017 at 3:32 pm . Reply

I think Bruce will take us there or there abouts but we are still miles from top 2 imo. I said at the start of this season we would be midtable and as per normal I was correct. Next season I expect us to build on that but top 8-10 is where I think we will be.

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath April 22, 2017 at 3:28 pm . Reply

I thought everyone always agreed with me Badger πŸ˜„

3. Ardent Villain April 21, 2017 at 8:14 pm . Reply

Whatever’s really going on with McCormack, at the moment he’s made himself the laughing stock of the League – and unless he sorts himself out quickly, we’ll be left with another useless Β£48K /week player next season that we won’t be able to give away…

4. badger123 April 21, 2017 at 8:52 pm . Reply

Yep, another Gabby in the making.
    And that’s the concern.
    The one redeeming point is that I reckon RM could turn it around, whereas Gabby never will, imo.

1. Ardent Villain April 21, 2017 at 9:47 pm . Reply

Not sure whether RM has the discipline – reminds me a bit of Stephen Ireland.

1. badger123 April 21, 2017 at 10:45 pm . Reply

I don’t know.
        i can’t say I ever heard a problem about him before.
        But then, when we were in the Prem, we weren’t really interested in the lower divisions, were we?

5. Tekkers48 April 21, 2017 at 11:00 pm . Reply

RIP Ugo. Great player and he seemed a genuinely nice person. Sadly missed by the whole footballing community.

6. pat57 April 22, 2017 at 12:39 am . Reply

Also like to say RIP another Villa great. Too young at only 44.