Villa – Sheff Weds; I predict a win

I nearly said I predict a riot, as I quite like the Kaiser Chiefs (a Sheffield band and that’s one of their songs, in case you didn’t know), but thought it might be in bad taste when referring to a footy game.
So I’m going to stick with my optimism and predict a win.

I have a loose workmate who supports Wednesday and he asked me for my prediction today.
I’d actually forgot he supports them, so immediately responded that we’d win.

He asked “why?” and instantly said we’ve no chance.
To which I replied that Burton managed to hold them at home, so why not?

And that’s about how I see it, gut-wise.

I said after the Huddersfield game that I was very encouraged, even though we’d lost.
We played fairly well, sounded the better team, hit the woodwork twice compared to their first effort where they scored and by all accounts, were the better side.
We were bloody unlucky.

Yes, I’m minded to agree you make your own luck, but I doubt there’s many that would deny that it seems we’ve had way more than our fair share of bad luck over the last few years.
So surely we’re due some good luck?

Not that I think we’ll need it.
I think the midfield are beginning to show and as long as we have Jedinak in there, I suspect we’ll have too much for the opposition, even if they’re sitting in a very decent sixth position.

Squad-wise, we have the same injuries/suspension plus the addition of Hutton, whose knee problem is unknown.
Grealish and more interestingly, Scott Hogan might make the squad, although I doubt either will start.

As for Wednesday, Almen Abdi and Sam Hutchinson might return.

I’m not really sure what else there is to say, as you either believe we’re showing signs of progress or you don’t.
We know what the team will be, pretty much, but perhaps any debate might move over to the way Bruce sets the team up?
Certainly I’m not convinced that he has been as negative lately as some of us might think and the commentaries recently have often talked about how open the games have been.
But that’s for another day.

I’m going for a 2-1 win, with Hourihane to get one.
And I rarely predict a goalscorer.

I like feeling optimistic.

originallondonlion March 10, 2017 at 11:44 pm .

Alex Neil 53 points with a relegated team = Fired. Steve Bruce 45 points with a relegated team = Cruising. Maybe its the advantage of talking with a Geordie lilt instead of a rasping Scots gabble. It couldn’t be lower expectations – could it?

Villa to come from behind to win.

Hitchens 60 March 11, 2017 at 8:25 am .

OLL – football is the ultimate mad house – the only logic is money or is that an oxymoron?

jvillan March 11, 2017 at 10:35 am .

oll
      hopefully norwich will be looking for an old player one that is supposedly the promotion specialist, one that wont handle big name players,one that sets up not to lose

nath March 11, 2017 at 9:07 am .

this games much harder than Huddersfield in midweek. i think wednesday are a much better team also than our midweek opponents. why do i think this. good question lol it was always easier to set up against huddersfield. hitting a team on the break, having a strong defensive formation to hit out when you can, is much easier than taking the game to the opposition. being mindful of them counter attacking you.

also no disrespect intended to hudderfields they have less quality to score or open you up. wednesday are full of beans and have the finishing quality to open up the best teams. this is a massive game, will be the better judge of where we are than the wednesday games.

i think best we can do is a draw 1 1 wednesday need to win, so i wouldnt bet on the draw

nath March 11, 2017 at 9:10 am .

tuesday night game lol wednesday on the brain

Dave.C March 11, 2017 at 1:44 pm .

Brad Guzan’s playing a blinder today by the way, if it wasn’t for him it’ll be 6 or 7.

Dave.C March 11, 2017 at 1:46 pm .

Kaiser Chiefs are a Leeds band by the way, and they are all mad keen Leeds fans.

nath March 11, 2017 at 2:07 pm .

the guy who accidentally or purposely stamp on ibo ~ vic head only got 6 games ban bacuna got same amount for breathing on the linesPERSON lmao sounds fair

Hitchens 60 March 11, 2017 at 3:16 pm .

See we can’t even put out a full bench today. Draw would be a good result methinks

Hitchens 60 March 11, 2017 at 3:32 pm .

Lansbury missing – did he get injured in the warm up – now Baker off with an injury. Somebody doesn’t like us!

Bill Pearson March 11, 2017 at 3:36 pm .

Goal Kodjia

Hitchens 60 March 11, 2017 at 3:40 pm .

Get in

nath March 11, 2017 at 3:54 pm .

yeah we are wining πŸ™‚

whats going on with our injuries, says something the manager picks Hutton over Elphick when replacing a center defender.

come on whos been breaking the mirrors stop it fook sake we are cursed. reading i said a few weeks ago look like they will fall. pitty we are too far back to profit